aaa TB-303 Depreciation Declaration - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: TB-303 Depreciation Declaration

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             22-Oct-98  @  11:52 PM   -   TB-303 Depreciation Declaration

pedicelli

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Ok, I think everyone has heard of the new FutureRetro 777 which has been agreed that it can do 303 and even more for less the cost of a second hand 303. Then there's always the Rebirth development along with external MIDI controllers...all this can easily replace a TB-303, so logically this means serious depreciation of this piece of equipment..

Let's look at it...it's an 18 year old basic synth, and can easily be replaced. I say the price should go down to $200.00 (which is still a bit costly, but let's factor in inflation and such...)

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             23-Oct-98  @  01:36 AM   -   RE: TB-303 Depreciation Declaration

L. BOY

Well lets look at the big picture. The future Retro 777 is very cool and can sound just like a TB303 and do more but, this should be a big BUT future Retro is one guy and his dad. Yes they have come up with a great piece of gear but what happens when he goes out of business? What happens if a lot of 777 start to fail and he finds out it starts cutting into his profit to fix? Then what. You are stuck with a cool very cool machine that doesn't work and no one to fix it. Yes the TB303 is very high price but the only reason it sells for so much is because it can. And all the poeple that say the TB303 price should be $200 or $300 are poeple who do not own one and that is what they can afford. You never know the 777 might be worth $1400 some day. The thing is , that a TB303 is a classic and no longer being made. So there fore it is a rare item and usally when something is rare the price does go up. so who cares how much a TB303 sells for these days just buy a Future Retro 777 though you will have to wait a few months to get one do there is a list. And I am not bashing future reto at all hell I am on the list to get a 777 but I just wanted to state why the TB303 is so costly. And roland does still service them.

Message 3/5             24-Oct-98  @  07:56 PM   -   RE: TB-303 Depreciation Declaration

Maybe I should depreciate your ass...BITCH!

Message 4/5             24-Oct-98  @  10:23 PM   -   RE: TB-303 Depreciation Declaration

Why...did you ever appreciate it?...FAG!

Message 5/5             03-Nov-98  @  09:03 PM   -   RE: TB-303 Depreciation Declaration

Topher

I think pedophile or whatever his name is, is a homophobe.

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)