aaa TR909??????? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: TR909???????

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             25-Oct-98  @  08:36 AM   -   TR909???????

LooneyBoy

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I was just woundering if there is a place on the net dedicated to the TR909 as there is one for the TB303? You know poeple have a lot to say about the TB303 just kinda intrested on what they have to say about the TR909. I bought one about 6 mo. ago and paid an arm and a leg for it. But now that I have it and use it I really don't know what all the hype is about. Don't get me wrong it sound good but what if all the bands that say they used a TR909 said they used a casio drum machine insted? Sure the 909 you can fuck with the sounds a little bit but you need some good FX unit to go along with the TR909 because buy its self it really does sound like a drum machine you would pay $900-$1000 for. I mean the TB303 buy its self with no effects still sounds pretty dope. I am just wonder what other people think about the TR909. I like mine but, I would rather give up my TR909 than my TB303.

P.s. this is not A fuck you bitch sell me your TR909 because it sucks room. I just want to know why there is not a TR909 chat area?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             25-Oct-98  @  08:41 AM   -   RE: TR909???????

LooneyBOy

Sorry for my bad english typing skills above I have had a few to many beers. I ment to say that the TR909 by itself does NOT seem like a drum machine you would pay $900-$1000 for. please find it in your electronic heart to forgive my typing skills.

Message 3/6             26-Oct-98  @  04:12 PM   -   RE: TR909???????

Richie

Yeah, seems strange that considering the impact the 808/909's have had on dance music there aint more presence on the web..

Funny, I can't think of anything to say now.. erm.. Nice kick. lovely toms. sound hats man, wicked.

Message 4/6             27-Oct-98  @  09:54 PM   -   RE: TR909???????

pedicelli

Well, obviously it's not as popular as the 303...you don't get all those infinite possibilities of modulation and effects...sure you can fuck up a 909 kick, or make some breaks if you're really good, but it's just not as interesting...

Message 5/6             28-Oct-98  @  12:31 PM   -   RE: TR909???????

Richie

Its more of a staple diet really rather than erm.. something thats not a staple diet.. hmmm.

Couple one with a sampler and then you can really change the sounds.. on its own though.

Message 6/6             28-Oct-98  @  03:15 PM   -   RE: TR909???????

Looney Boy

I would like to thank you for your input. I just bought a Sherman filter box and ran my 909 through it. WOW! Let me tell you that it sounds fuckin bad ass. I made this house track and had a good house beat and on the break down I started turning the knobs on the filter box and it gave the track a whole different attitude. Pretty damn cool. I also tried the filer box on my 303 and I almost blew my monitors. Well thanks for the input.

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)