aaa 777...New era in acid? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

07-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: 777...New era in acid?

Viewing all 16 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/16             06-Nov-98  @  10:31 AM   -   777...New era in acid?

Ryan

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I heard several bassheadz talkin' bout 777 in the last few months. I've visited the futuretro home page and listened to some audio files. It has the same sound (if not better) than the real thing.

I already own a 303. And I really would like another 303 to blow my (and your) mind. Should I consider this 777 machine or...?

I live in The Netherlands and I read on the 777 page that they don't deliver outside the US and Canada yet or do they?

Any comments on that?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/16             06-Nov-98  @  11:00 AM   -   RE: 777...New era in acid?

Franky

Yes i´m also interested to this damn fuckin´ COOL machine. I wrote to future retro and he told me that the want sell it in some months to other countries - Check the page 1 time per week an with some luck i will be selling in your country (i hope in my too).

Franky

Message 3/16             06-Nov-98  @  03:45 PM   -   RE: 777...New era in acid?

x2c4nrg

Hell yeah! I own a 777 and Im telling you, the 777 is dope.

Yes you should consider the 777 as your next acid factory. You already own a 303 so why buy another one when you can buy something that does the same thing and alot more?

The 777 can duplicate the 303 and do alot-lot more. The filters are seriously incredible. It has 32 knobs, that blows away the 303's 5. It has 7 toggle switches, 5 that control the amp and filters and 2 for the internal/external control cause you can filter an external sound with the 777 filters.

What Im trying to tell you is...the 777 is definatly a new era in acid.

Thats just MY opinion though.

ReZo-99

Message 4/16             12-Nov-98  @  06:31 PM   -   RE: 777...New era in acid?

buggy

I'm on the waiting list for one(end of January). Can't
wait. Can you give a bit more insight on how it's working
out for you?

Message 5/16             03-Dec-98  @  08:32 PM   -   RE: 777...New era in acid?

celtic dream

just called Future 2-day and they got one ready 4 me!!!!Im sendin' me cash out 2-um this week......fuckin' pumped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!also Jered said he's been talkin' to some people about some mass production shit!!!

Message 6/16             04-Dec-98  @  12:56 AM   -   RE: 777...New era in acid?

x2c4nrg

Thats what he told me too. He said that if it gets to where he cant keep up with all the orders, he was going to have most of the parts made through mass production. Hey cd, your going to love your 777. Its very easy to use.

ReZo-99

Message 7/16             04-Dec-98  @  04:20 AM   -   RE: 777...New era in acid?

celtic

right on!!!!!..........yea,he said hes been bugged with phone calls from people that want one to people that want to sell'um.If he does that,musicly speaking,there will be alot of cool new tracks being made,but the price will sky rockit....Im just glad that Im hookin up with mine at this price!!!!hey x2,is your 777 reliable....I mean is it built nice?does it run clean?

Message 8/16             04-Dec-98  @  04:48 AM   -   RE: 777...New era in acid?

cd

let the acid pore down from the heavins..........fuckin' triple 7 time!!!!
Zero to acid in .777 sec.

Message 9/16             04-Dec-98  @  02:40 PM   -   RE: 777...New era in acid?

cyborg0

Well, Jered said that they already have a company thats going to mass produce the boards which will prlly at least double the # of 777s being sold.. That way then Jered only has to tune them and assemble them and do final quality checks.. Good news, cuz I am wanting another one!  )
rob

Message 10/16             04-Dec-98  @  03:43 PM   -   RE: 777...New era in acid?

x2c4nrg

Yeah, mine is reliable. The casing is made out of metal and wood. It runs clean as fuck. Theres just one thing about it that I dont like...the graphics on the top that say like resonance, cutoff, etc. aren't really painted that good. The paint easily scratches right off. I think Im going to take mines apart and spray paint over it with a clearcoat to protect the paint. Thats the only thing I dont like about it. Other than that, this box rocks.

ReZo-99

Message 11/16             06-Dec-98  @  05:29 AM   -   RE: 777...New era in acid?

cyborg0

HAH!!! I just got finished clearcoating mine... I will tell you to that it is a real bitch to do properly..
talk with someone who does autobody work, cuz it is hell!
Heat up yer oven to 450degrees for about 20 minutes (this burns all the dust in the air in the oven into ash)
Then, set it to about 250 degrees, let it cool down to 250, then wash yer front panel GENTLY and put yer front panel in the oven to set the lettering so that its totally free of moisture before you spray yer first few layers of clearcoat.
use a brick or something to make the lettered part of the panel lay perfectly flat when you spray...Also use something in the oven so when it is setting in the oven it lies perfectly flat, otherwise you will have runs in the finish.
Use masking tape to mask off the front part of the panel.. do NOT clearcoat the front side of the panel, just clearcoat the part that has the lettering, OTHERWISE the clearcoat will TOTALLY RUN down the front of the panel and you will be SORRY!! like i was...  
Put down a few light coats with a minute or two between each, then put it in the oven to set the finish. wet sand lightly (the shower worked good) with 400 grit sandpaper (this gets all the little pieces o lint and hair out of the finish).
After wet sanding, put it in the oven to dry, then do another coat, fairly heavy, but EVENLY sprayed..
Put it in the oven one last time for about an hour, and HOPE you dont have any hair in the finish (or at least none big enough to really notice)
BTW, on the last coat, turn the oven off and let the panel cool in the oven.. This will minimize the chance of the finish being sticky enough to pick up lint when you take it out of the oven
Otherwise, if there is a ton of hair or lint in the final finish after it dries, you have to wet sand it and try it again.
Then if all works well, you will have to use a dremel tool (the cool way) or a very fine file to file the inside of all the holes, cuz the clearcoat will make the holes too small and the buttons will stick.

Try just cooking your panel @250 degrees first, and then, if the lettering is still sketchy, try the clearcoat. yOU dont want to clearcoat if you dont have to.. A guy who works autobody told me that even to guys with showcars, he does NOT recommend clearcoating unless you have a lot of patience and time, cuz if you screw it up too bad, its a lot of work to fix.

BTW, I came up with two new toggles for the 777,
I have the accent inversion of course, AND, I have a new one which I call Glide Warp..Basically, it makes the unglided notes glide, but the glided notes still glide, but they glide at the BEGINNING of the note! These two extra toggles makes one able to get a LOT of variation out of just 1 pattern!
Basically, you get 4 variations of the same pattern! You get normal, glide warped, Accent inversion,AND GW with Accent inversion, Depending on how the knobs are set, you can get some minor to WILD variations! With glide warped, your patterns can sound unlike ANY you have ever heard!
I am also working on a mod that will use the accent to turn the volume of osc2 on and off..
Basically, osc2 will be off, BUT, when you select the accent switching mode on and you have an accented note, osc2 goes on, but ONLY on accented notes..Of course, couple this with the accent inversion, and you can do some strange stuff in real time!
Imagine having a 303 sound, and then, you slowly turn up the volume knob on osc2, and it sounds like a backing melody is coming in with its own timing! Of course, it would NOT have to be the same notes either if you have an external midi to CV controller controlling the notes on osc2!
You could literally have it sounding like two 303s are playing seperate melodies with ONE machine!
More on this later..
Heh, now that Im self-employed, the REAL fun begins! ;)
Better that the 303, because the 777 is FAR EASIER MODDED!
rob

Message 12/16             06-Dec-98  @  05:33 PM   -   RE: 777...New era in acid?

x2c4nrg

Your the man Rob! I like your ideas for the 777, but how can you hook me up?

ReZo-99

Message 13/16             06-Dec-98  @  07:39 PM   -   RE: 777...New era in acid? NO DOUBT!!!

x2c4nrg

Damn! I just ran my 777 through my ASR-10, set the effect to dual delays and turned up the overdrive a 1/4 of the way and DAMN! The 777 screams! It adds more distortion and makes it scream like a madman. It also gives it that crunchy sound when you turn down the cutoff and the env amount. This is definitly the sound I've been looking for.
Too bad I dont know how to put up a demo on Real Audio or even a mp3 demo  This sound would definitly convince people that the 777 can blow most other synths away! If it dont convince you to buy a 777, you must not like acid. If someone can tell me how to use a mp3 encoder Ill try to make a demo. Im not exactly a computer expert.

ReZo-99

Message 14/16             07-Dec-98  @  12:15 AM   -   RE: 777...New era in acid?

cyborg0

hey, i *think* you can convert a .wav file to realaudio..
As for the mp3, im not too sure..

Oh, BTW, when I finish all these mods, Ill be able to do them for ya! I got the time nowadays, since Im working for myself now.. Heh, I make more on unemployment than most ppl make working! hah!
the mods I will have will be
accent inversion
glide warp
gate inversion
And, I will try VERY hard to get the accent to osc2 gate going, but no promises, since I dont want to overstress the powersupply in the 777 and the osc2 accent gate will mean I need to add 1 more IC.
Ill keep ya posted!
rob

Message 15/16             22-Dec-98  @  07:43 PM   -   RE: 777...New era in acid?

Hey all, searching for info on the 777. Where's the page?

Please lemme know via email - sep@8up.com

Thanks...

SeP

Message 16/16             23-Dec-98  @  04:24 PM   -   RE: 777...New era in acid?

Looneyboy

Well I got my 777.....very nice.So fuckin easy to program and the overdrive knob....talk about blow your speaker into next week. Well I just wanted to say the 777 is a great piece of gear. Jered told me that him and his dad are now working on a drum machine. Look out FR908

Viewing all 16 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 16 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)