aaa EG - 101 GrooveKeyboard - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: EG - 101 GrooveKeyboard

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             14-Dec-98  @  07:22 PM   -   EG - 101 GrooveKeyboard

Franky

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi - Did anyone checked out the new Roland EG 101 Groovekeybord ????
This Thing looks like the old SH-101 ! Did anyone know what this machine can do?? I mean is it usefull or a piece of crap!

Thank you for answers !

Franky

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             15-Dec-98  @  12:05 AM   -   RE: EG - 101 GrooveKeyboard

cd

I havent seen it but I tend to stay away from stuff that has groove in the name 

Message 3/10             15-Dec-98  @  03:35 AM   -   RE: EG - 101 GrooveKeyboard

ReZo-99

Is it another digital box with drums and stuff or is it analog? I tried to look it up on the net but its not up anywhere, do you have a web address?

Message 4/10             15-Dec-98  @  06:03 PM   -   RE: EG - 101 GrooveKeyboard

Hi ReZo!
The web-adress is www.rolandmusik.de. You see it at first when you enter
the site!!!

Check it out !! Franky

Message 5/10             15-Dec-98  @  07:28 PM   -   RE: EG - 101 GrooveKeyboard

cyborg0

WEll, it looks like an mc303 with speakers, a keyboard, and a sequencer. It also says something about a sampler being inside, but then in the specs it doesnt. It also has a audio to midi sync converter built in.. it looks like a challenge to quasimidi's Sirius, cept without vocoder and a sampler added.. has built in FX too..not too shabby. I think I have heard rumours about this machine before this, basically my industry buddies told me it was an mc303 with keys, and thats exactly what it looks like.
rob

Message 6/10             15-Dec-98  @  07:45 PM   -   RE: EG - 101 GrooveKeyboard

cd

I just went to the roland sight and Id does look like an mc with keys and speakers..........dont let roland fool ya into playin there game,save up a couple more bills and get a synth with iron clad balls attached to it.....you'll be happier in the long run 

Message 7/10             16-Dec-98  @  02:14 AM   -   RE: EG - 101 GrooveKeyboard

ReZo-99

Well, I seen the EG-101 and it looks like Roland is going for that retro look with panel angled upward. I dont know, I dont like the idea with the speakers being added. I guess its just another 'band in a box' as everyones been calling them. Nothing impressing 

Message 8/10             16-Dec-98  @  02:10 PM   -   RE: EG - 101 GrooveKeyboard

cyborg0

As far as I am concerned, built in speakers are just a ploy to hit the home market where they dont really care about sound quality, since the speakers bleed into the audio circuits like mad. If they didnt, every pro keyboard would have em.. Home market ma and pa types wont buy shit for their goofy raver wanna bee teens unless it has keys, speakers, and seems respectable..My own parents have asked me that.. How do you make music with this stuff, there is no piano keys!?! Score one for Roland: they finally marketed the mc303 to ppl who will actually like it! Nothing like repackaging old stale technology. Mind you, I like the mc303, good idea, but the damn thing is too expensive for what it does.. mc303s should be 400 bux retail, not 800!!
Get a Nord Modular if you want an all in one sequencer in a box machine. It will do that for days.
If you need a 303, get a FR777..
Rob

Message 9/10             16-Dec-98  @  02:11 PM   -   RE: EG - 101 GrooveKeyboard

cyborg0

As far as I am concerned, built in speakers are just a ploy to hit the home market where they dont really care about sound quality, since the speakers bleed into the audio circuits like mad. If they didnt, every pro keyboard would have em.. Home market ma and pa types wont buy shit for their goofy raver wanna bee teens unless it has keys, speakers, and seems respectable..My own parents have asked me that.. How do you make music with this stuff, there is no piano keys!?! Score one for Roland: they finally marketed the mc303 to ppl who will actually like it! Nothing like repackaging old stale technology. Mind you, I like the mc303, good idea, but the damn thing is too expensive for what it does.. mc303s should be 400 bux retail, not 800!!
Get a Nord Modular if you want an all in one sequencer in a box machine. It will do that for days.
If you need a 303, get a FR777..
Oh, BTW, if you are all wondering how I knew what that german advert said, I lived in Germany for a few years, I can still read it ok.  )
Rob

Message 10/10             16-Dec-98  @  03:38 PM   -   RE: EG - 101 GrooveKeyboard

Franky

Yes i agree with the comments. If you wanna make some cool tracks you donīt need this. I think this is for some hobby djīs who like to add some sounds to her sets. Itīs just an advanced keyboard. And itīs featured the "Band in a Box" idea more than by the MC 303. Many toys will buying these keyboard. Its got all you need to make some LITTLE tracks. I think there are enough people who will using these keyboard. I think Roland produce more and more some shit for the main people. About the words "Everybody can use our gear". Iīts not so wrong as it seems now. In view of their bussiness. More people will start to making some techno as the will starting if there were no "Band in a box" and stand alone machines. I started in the same way. It was for me to expensive to my a sequencer, a synth .... . So I started with the 505 and added later the SP 808. Ok now i think this was wrong to by an 505. But now know more about the making of music and i know what for a gear is now inportant. So this is a twilight what Roland do. If you dont in the businnes you think COOL Roland build stuff i can use with no expertise. And if you making techno than you see this stuff in other eyes. Just like me. I hope you understand what i wanna to say. I think my english is not so good. Thats the reason i dont write so often in these board. Usually i only read the comments to learn more about producing .... . Ok Thats all ------ > Peace Franky

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)