aaa Roland TR-707 Rythm Composer - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Roland TR-707 Rythm Composer

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             18-Dec-98  @  04:45 PM   -   Roland TR-707 Rythm Composer

pedicelli

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Aside from it's very plastic-like construction and that the buttons sometimes get stuck when pressed, and that it has no individual modulation knobs, what other problems are there with this machine? (forget about the sound...I've heard that when you pump them thru some effects, its sounds alright)

Would it be possible to use Cubase VST to engineer the individual sounds? (the 707 does has individual outputs and has MIDI implementation).

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             18-Dec-98  @  05:12 PM   -   RE: Roland TR-707 Rythm Composer

cyborg0

Nah, much to the chagrin, there is not much one can do with the 707, and the midi note outs only work in song mode, so it sux badly..
use its internal stuff and like it.. thats about it..
I ended up getting a 505 cuz it had better midi implementation and could output notes in any mode.
rob

Message 3/4             18-Dec-98  @  09:31 PM   -   RE: Roland TR-707 Rythm Composer

cd

messed with one once in a used music shop,the dude was going to sell it to me for 40 bux,but damn.........the sound sux!!!!

Message 4/4             19-Dec-98  @  12:13 AM   -   RE: Roland TR-707 Rythm Composer

pedicelli

Alright, thanks, but we can forget about it all now, cause this deal I was working out wasn't gonna go THRU....

Anyways, I've got Rebirth and my Roland MCR-8 controller, so it's doing its job for percussion....

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)