aaa Synching The Arpeggiator of the Prophecy - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Synching The Arpeggiator of the Prophecy

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             30-Dec-98  @  04:53 PM   -   Synching The Arpeggiator of the Prophecy

pedicelli

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I'm having a lot of trouble working something out...I need to synch the arpeggiator of my Korg Prophecy to Rebirth....

In this MIDI setup, I also need to incorporate my Roland MCR-8 MIDI Controller (to control the knobs and such of Rebirth) along with the program to handle the MCR-8's signal's, Reconvert..

Can someone please give me a procedure on how to do this (including cable connections - both machines have IN OUT THRU, and my soundcard only has one input, but acts as an IN and OUT). Also, can this be done solely with Rebirth and my Korg and MCR-8, or do I have to really use a sequencer like Cakewalk and Cubase to do this? If so, doesn't matter which one, I have both.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could show me how to do this! Thanks!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             31-Dec-98  @  02:08 AM   -   RE: Synching The Arpeggiator of the Prophecy

cyborg0

Ok, you will have to have the Prophecy as the master clock..Tell it to send midi beat clocks..
soo Korg(out) to (IN)MCR8(OUT) to (IN)PUTER

in this config, the Korg send a signal OUT to the IN of the mcr8, then OUT of the MCR8 to IN on the puter..
easy enough..
press play on the Korg, and rebirth should start playing..

Another way to do it is cakewalk sends sync to Rebirth (via Hubis loopback) and cakewalk also send sync OUT via midi..
Then, connect the MCR8 (out) to (IN) puter
Rob

Message 3/8             02-Jan-99  @  03:52 PM   -   RE: Synching The Arpeggiator of the Prophecy

pedicelli

Thanks, but I finally figured it out. It was the most complicated thing I've ever done....it took a shit load of ins and outs and 3 Hubi Cables....

Now what I'm looking into is a second sound card...should this dramatically change my setup?

Message 4/8             04-Jan-99  @  08:50 PM   -   RE: Synching The Arpeggiator of the Prophecy

cyborg0

No, I wouldnt think it should, but, honestly, I wouldnt recommend a second sound card (well, of course, unless its a Microwave XT card) I mean, why?
Ok, if you are doing DAW stuff, then get a really good card, but, if not.. I dont understand.
Rob
BTW, it shouldnt have taken 3 hubis... yknow, you are introducing lag into your system with those..be careful!
Rob

Message 5/8             05-Jan-99  @  04:01 AM   -   RE: Synching The Arpeggiator of the Prophecy

pedicelli

Well, the 3 hubi cables is what made it work...keep in mind that my setup consists of Cakewalk, my Roland MCR-8 MIDI Controller, the Korg Prophecy, Reconvert (the program which translates the MIDI message to Rebirth), and Rebirth. Believe me...it was the only way to make everything work.

About the second sound card...I do need it. My sound card doesn't have true full duplex capabilities, so I can't output wave by more than 1 program. What I wanna do is layer things from my prophecy into Cakewalk and at the same time, have Rebirth running.

Back to the arpeggiator of the Prophecy....does anyone know how to bloody well program it?? I can't get fuckin' notes inputed.......I'd appreciate help on that...I just wanna make a simple 16 step sequence and work from there...

Message 6/8             07-Jan-99  @  08:46 PM   -   RE: Synching The Arpeggiator of the Prophecy

cyborg0

Well, if you have the manual just drudge through tutorial. Its pretty bizzarre, but it does tell you how to do it. I read through it on mine about 3 times before it finally sank in..
BTW, I thought they had a program that could graphically edit the sequencer from the puter?
Look on the net, I swear they have something that does it and makes it MUCH easier..
Rob

Message 7/8             08-Jan-99  @  06:12 PM   -   RE: Synching The Arpeggiator of the Prophecy

pedicelli

Well...I found out how to use it in one sense. It can't sequence step by step...you've gotta play "chords", and it goes thru the chord in step by step form. Kinda stupid, but this is supposed to be an arpeggiator, not a sequencer...

They do have a program to edit the arpeggiator...Progenie (I posted this message before). The bloody bastard wants $100.00 US for it. I say he can suck it.

Message 8/8             17-Jan-99  @  04:30 AM   -   RE: Synching The Arpeggiator of the Prophecy

skot_e

I think the progenie looks like a good program, though I'm not sure the arpeggiator can be edited using this. I wouldn't really know though as I have not paid for the program, I have only got the share version.

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)