aaa synth help.. - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: synth help..

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             17-Jan-99  @  08:11 AM   -   synth help..

gmacdona

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

hey people....im lookin around for a synth but i dont really know what to buy...i was interested in the Kawai 5000w but i dont think it has an arpegiator or knobs (both which i need  .plus i dont have enough money to go buy sumthin like a nord 2.i wish i did but i dont.....so if anyone has ANY suggestions please send em my way.....oh yeah itll be used for trance....THANK YOU

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             17-Jan-99  @  02:00 PM   -   RE: synth help..

Franky

The Kawai 5000 W has no Arpeggiator but can by an additional module with knobs for realtime edition. The same the 5000 S has. YouŽll save more money if you buy the Kawai 5000 S (you have an Arpeggiator + Realtime Edition ...) and you use an External sequencer ---> If you have an Computer then take a Software Sequencer (Cubase ...). IŽts cheaper and good as some hardware sequencers.

Check it out ...

Franky

Message 3/8             17-Jan-99  @  10:17 PM   -   RE: synth help..

gmacdona

thanks for the imput.......but i thought you couldnt find the 5000s's anymore....i heard they were all sold out everywhere....   do you know anywhere to get them.?...also can you compare it to a Nord Lead1?thanks again

Message 4/8             18-Jan-99  @  08:16 AM   -   RE: synth help..

Franky

Go to the German Kawai Page: www.kawai.de --> under the Point Service youŽll find all adresses of all Kawaii Pages over the World + all Adresses of all Kawai MainDistributors. Perhaps this will help you. Frank

Message 5/8             19-Jan-99  @  11:47 PM   -   RE: synth help..

pedicelli

If you're looking for a synth for trance, you can't go wrong with a Korg Prophecy. Fattest since on the face of the earth, and has a lovely arpeggiator. Also synchable to MIDI clock! May not be polyphonic, but if you're looking for trance lines runned by the arpeggiator, go for the Prophecy.

Message 6/8             20-Jan-99  @  09:53 AM   -   RE: synth help..

Franky

Hey Pedicelli, were can i get the Korg Prophecy ? I asked my Local Dealer and i called to Korg Germany but this synth is not more available. Or can i only get this synth used ???

Franky

Message 7/8             20-Jan-99  @  05:08 PM   -   RE: synth help..

Have you got any other kit? If you've got a PC with audio sequencer then a monosynth might do. What are you gonna sequence on? A good cheap starter synth is the Yamaha CS1x (Ł400), though anything all-in-one that's cheap is gonna have it's limitations.

Message 8/8             20-Jan-99  @  11:29 PM   -   RE: synth help..

pedicelli

The Korg Prophecy was discontinued in 1997, but in 1997, Korg released the polyphonic and multi-timbral version of the Prophecy; the Z1. It's got 12 polyphonies, and 6 parts, and of course, is more expensive than the second hand price of a Prophecy...

Look around and see if you can get it....if you just need a good trance line going on the arpeggiator, it's an amazing synth. And it's still the fattest synth on earth! Fatter than the JP-8000, and even fatter than the almighty Clavia Nordlead!

Check my website for more information on the Korg Prophecy, I've recently made a page for it:

http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Museum/3068/smek.htm

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)