aaa I want your unmodded TB303 or devilfish - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: I want your unmodded TB303 or devilfish

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             18-Jan-99  @  12:03 AM   -   I want your unmodded TB303 or devilfish

da

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I am willing to swap a Korg Prophecy with modern models voice card, boxed with manuals in VGC and my TR606 with KADI port and seperate outs in good condition,
so if you are bored with the 303 sound and have a mint original spec or Devilfish in good condition with no wear then email me. Please no MIDI retrofits, CV inputs or other mods except for Devilfish or bog standard. Thanx

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             20-Jan-99  @  11:34 PM   -   RE: I want your unmodded TB303 or devilfish

pedicelli

Oh???? You stupid or just sick in the head??? You don't trade a Prophecy for a stinking 303!!! The Prophecy is the fattest synth on earth! I'd never trade mine for a 303!!

Message 3/9             23-Jan-99  @  10:58 PM   -   RE: I want your unmodded TB303 or devilfish

cyborg0

um, i somewhat second this... just keep the prophecy and tr606 and save yer money for a FR777
rob

Message 4/9             28-Jan-99  @  06:47 PM   -   RE: I want your unmodded TB303 or devilfish

da

Yeah I know the prophecy is good but i had a 303 a couple of years ago and now need another to
do a remix of an old track, so if anyone out there has one they dont want, my offer still stands.
By the way i already have Rebirth 2.0 (NOT a crack before you ask), an MB33 (which is excellent),
a Waldorf pulse and loads of other gear BUT i still want a 303.

Message 5/9             05-Feb-99  @  08:58 AM   -   RE: I want your unmodded TB303 or devilfish

confusionrecords

This is to all the stupid kids out there who rip on the 303.

If it wasn't for the little silver box, so many things in this scene wouldn't be close to where they are now. There is nothing on this planet that can or ever will produce such a sound. The first synth I ever bought was a TB-303. I own no drum machines no anything. I bought one peice of gear and that's all I plan on buying. I've used every form of emulator and stupid "groove approved" shit to. Nothing on this earth will compare. And if this box is such a stupid thing, why do so many people try and reproduce it? Why do 11,000 web sites pop up when you type it in a search? Why will people pay $1,500 for it? The biggest form of flattery is copy'ing. And this is over done now. Anyone who doesn't apreciate this beautiful machine is either a stupid raver. Or someone who has done too many drugs in there life.

Also, if you think this box is stupid, find one, ask to play with it, then see what you think. The first time I ever touched one, I didn't put it down for about 4 hours. I just sat there amazed at this sound it produced by these little silver knobs. The TB-303 will be the most sought after synth in history. There will never be another, and nothing will ever compare or make such a big part of the music scene today or in the future............EVER!!!!!

TB-303................never an R.I.P

Message 6/9             06-Feb-99  @  07:19 PM   -   RE: I want your unmodded TB303 or devilfish

x

What beaty lies in the truth!

Message 7/9             08-Feb-99  @  10:54 PM   -   RE: I want your unmodded TB303 or devilfish

da

SO TRUE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Why do you think I want one?

Message 8/9             08-Feb-99  @  11:53 PM   -   RE: I want your unmodded TB303 or devilfish

pedicelli

I pay the biggest respect on earth to the TB-303. To me, it's the most influencial synth. If it wasn't for it, I would have never started composing techno. But we must come to realize that this is a 20 year old synth and becoming less and less reliable. The sound is worth the money, but the actually hardware isn't, if you see what I'm saying. That's why Roland has to bring it back, or we have to seek alternatives, as I did.

Message 9/9             09-Feb-99  @  06:15 PM   -   RE: I want your unmodded TB303 or devilfish

phear_b1

STOP THAT ! It's like if u were saying that you shouldn't try to own/play a Stradivarius because they are too old and the warranty is over !!!!! Yeah, the Stradivarius ain't MIDI and, shit, doesn't feature 24 bit TDIF outs w/ internal dither...what can it be good for, so??? The heart of the debate is : is the machine ALIVE, yes or no ? To me, it is.

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)