aaa SYNC cable vs. MIDI cable - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: SYNC cable vs. MIDI cable

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             29-Jan-99  @  04:12 PM   -   SYNC cable vs. MIDI cable

jcraig

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

ok...I heard a warning on another thread that these 2 cables were wired differently. I'm wondering what difference it makes...will I be risking harm to my 303 or 808 if i sync them together using a MIDI cable? I have already successfully with no problems, but I'm not about to take chances if there's any potential problems....

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             29-Jan-99  @  07:08 PM   -   RE: SYNC cable vs. MIDI cable

Looney Boy

Just to let you know some midi cables are wired different. On some the sync pin is not wired but on the newer midi cables they can send sync. I am not sure what pin it is? But syncing your 808 and 303 with a midi cable will do no harm. I have done it for about a year and no problems on my end.

Message 3/4             03-Feb-99  @  11:05 PM   -   RE: SYNC cable vs. MIDI cable

Midi uses pins 1-3-5 (I think) while Dyn Sync uses pins
2-3-4.

Message 4/4             05-Feb-99  @  11:41 PM   -   RE: SYNC cable vs. MIDI cable

Midi uses 3 pins + ground. Sync uses 4 pins + ground. Some midi cables work cause they have made each pin's wire run to the other end. Some midi cables don't work, cause they only wired the pin on the 3 pins midi uses. Any midi cable that is wired to all pins will work, the only way it wont work is if you get a midi cable which is made strickly for midi. They are actually kinda rare. But to make sure your actually getting a sync24 cable. Buy at radio shack. They're so far behind, they still make sync cables! And possibly a bit cheaper!

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)