aaa HELP: Creating an 'elastic stomping' 303 - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

10-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: HELP: Creating an 'elastic stomping' 303

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             25-Feb-99  @  11:03 AM   -   HELP: Creating an 'elastic stomping' 303

rza

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi,

I currently own 2 TB's. However they both sound very different. One has an extreme filtering (Josh Wink like!) and the other one really bounces and stompes, really cool for fast hard techno.

Now I want to modify the one with the extreme filtering also to bounce and kick like the other one. How can I archieve this? Both are in original condition as far as I know. Can it be done just by replacing some caps and resistors?

Please help, I have one for sale btw, $1150,-

Thanks,

Martijn

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             25-Feb-99  @  06:01 PM   -   RE: HELP: Creating an 'elastic stomping' 303

Open it up, you will find 2 presets near the cutoff pot adjust them to get the sound you require.
$1150 for a 303? Is it made of solid gold? Get real! $600 tops. $800 if boxed as new with all accesories and unmodified. BTW Josh Wink used a 202 on higer state.

Message 3/6             26-Feb-99  @  08:42 AM   -   RE: HELP: Creating an 'elastic stomping' 303

Josh winks "higher state" goes into self oscillating, a TB-303 cannot do this, "unless modified". But he did use the 202, you can kinda tell. But for the mod to get you're tb sounding elastiky, just fuck with the pots inside, there cool as fuck.
well, good luck
and if you can afford it, get the devilfish mod.
I used richie's today and it is the absolute craziest thing I have ever heard!

Message 4/6             27-Feb-99  @  12:44 AM   -   RE: HELP: Creating an 'elastic stomping' 303

Josh Wink

Are you really sure he's using a 202? I really truly get the same sound when I tweak my 303. It's not modified at all, it's pretty unused. It has extreme filtering somehow. I also boost the mid-range on my eq (soundcraft studio lc).

Martijn

Message 5/6             27-Feb-99  @  03:09 AM   -   RE: HELP: Creating an 'elastic stomping' 303

bout 99.9% sure.

Message 6/6             27-Feb-99  @  08:12 PM   -   RE: HELP: Creating an 'elastic stomping' 303

ITS A 202 for sure

If you put just about any analog synth thru a distortion box and fuck with the cutoff & rezonance you will get the same effect, that sound is not exclusive to the 303 but it seems a lot of people think so.

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)