aaa JoMoX IS HERE! - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: JoMoX IS HERE!

Viewing all 25 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

Original Message 1/25             27-Feb-99  @  04:25 PM   -   JoMoX IS HERE!

ReZo-99

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Has anyone tried out anything from JoMoX? A friend of mine said that the JoMoX XBase09 is doper than a 909. Its pure analog and it has more 'punch' than the 909. It has its own step sequencer like the 909 and all the same functions. JoMoX also has a synth on the way called the SUNSYNTH or something like that, I forgot but it looks tight. Its pure analog and it has I think 8 sounds. Go check it out!

ReZo-99

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/25             28-Feb-99  @  01:13 AM   -   RE: JoMoX IS HERE!

pedicelli

Fucking Christ!! I just checked this mother out on harmony central....looks dope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks like a 909 too in a sense...

Message 3/25             28-Feb-99  @  03:04 AM   -   RE: JoMoX IS HERE!

ReZo-99

Sorry...the homepage is www.jomox.com

Check out all the functions this baby has to offer! I want the XBase09 but its like $1150. Oh well, I guess its better to buy an XBase09 than an actual 909. So I heard.

Peep the site.

ReZo-99

Message 4/25             28-Feb-99  @  05:33 PM   -   RE: JoMoX IS HERE!

The JoMoX is way too expensive, thats why it hasn't took off here in the UK plus the number of simultaneous voices is like 4 or something. The novation Drumstation is MUCH better and way more flexible and less $$$£££

Message 5/25             01-Mar-99  @  01:40 AM   -   RE: JoMoX IS HERE!

ReZo-99

It hasn't taken off here in the U.S. either. I was just told about it, before that I never heard of it. How is the Drum Station? I hope the quality isn't the same as the Bass Station. I have one and its not very friendly. The knobs trip out and the output jack messed up, you have to pull it out some in order to hear it. It never used to be that way. I thought about getting a Drum Station but I dont know...tell me more.

ReZo-99

Message 6/25             01-Mar-99  @  05:07 PM   -   RE: JoMoX IS HERE!

WILLy

Get the drumstation it has all of the controls on the original boxes with 25 different kits. For about £350 you get a 909 and a 808 and i dare anayone to tell the difference between this and the real things. Plus it's twelve note
ploy and all the knobs can be controlled from your computer.

Message 7/25             01-Mar-99  @  06:41 PM   -   RE: JoMoX IS HERE!

The drumstation kicks the JoMoX's butt, better sounds, much more features, more polyphony, more voices, more edititing and about half the price.
I've never had any problems with reliability, I've gigged it loads of times and it stands up to the abuse......Get one, you won't regret it.

Message 8/25             01-Mar-99  @  09:05 PM   -   RE: JoMoX IS HERE!

ReZo-99

Thanks! Ill look into it!

ReZo-99

Message 9/25             01-Mar-99  @  09:36 PM   -   RE: JoMoX IS HERE!

pedicelli

Question.....if a drum synthesizer like the basstation is just a rack with no sequence interface, how exactly would you sequence everything? You guys do that with Cakewalk or something?

Message 10/25             02-Mar-99  @  12:36 AM   -   RE: JoMoX IS HERE!

ReZo-99

Thats what I want to know too. Can I do it on my ASR-10?

ReZo-99

Message 11/25             03-Mar-99  @  09:25 PM   -   RE: JoMoX IS HERE!

You can sequence with a computer(Cubase VST) this is what I use or you could use a ASR10 or any MPC series. You just need a master controller. Good luck. The JoMoX is a little pricy though the Drumstation has a shitty power supply. The super nova kicks ass sooooooooo much.

Message 12/25             03-Mar-99  @  10:58 PM   -   RE: JoMoX IS HERE!

ReZo-99

Does the Super Nova have drums? I thought it was just a synth.

ReZo-99

Message 13/25             13-Mar-99  @  02:48 AM   -   RE: JoMoX IS HERE!

PZZ

I got an XBase09 it's Fu*kin' amazing, send
and recieves all controllers, only 3 sound multi
though but that's one wicked kick, one twangy
snare, and one rapid Hi-hat(open or closed) or
noise / clap. and it's got a sequencer.

Real time clockability, the detroit kids will
love it........

WARNING::WARNING::WARNING::WARNING::WARNING
THIS DRUM MODULE CAN SERIOUSLY DAMAGE YOUR
BANK BALANCE.....What's all this about Jomox
doing a synth?

'Tall' Paul Reilly - aka Purple Zig Zag

Message 14/25             29-Mar-99  @  07:07 PM   -   RE: JoMoX IS HERE!

squalcho

I played the Jomox beat box at NAMM in '98 and then saw it again this year. I spent quite a while at the booth talking to the designer and the distributor, and probably a half an hour playing the machine. In a word, it is AMAZING. Those of you who are saying that the Drumstation kicks its ass have obviously never used it. It is not the same thing. The drumstation is a sound module/drum synthesizer and the Jomox is a drum machine. It has a sequencer... a very cool sequencer. It is indeed expensive for a drum machine, but I personally think that it is the ultimate replacement for an 808 and a 909 (especially since you would have to buy those used for a total of about $1500-$1700 US). Don't form an opinion about this box until you have had the opportunity to play with it. You will not be disappointed.

Squalcho©

Message 15/25             30-Mar-99  @  12:12 AM   -   RE: JoMoX is for my little sister

jcu3

Why do you blokes insist on paying ridiculous prices on "klones" ? Jomax, Drumstation, crapbox 1, etc,etc,. Have fun scratching your head and your nuts sitting there wondering why you didn't buy the real things, when you could have after all the money you invested. By the way I tried the Jomax and it sounds like a cheesy Soundblaster card with knobs on it. OK, if you like it thin then buy it. I like it huge and fat (kinda like your mom's arse). That's why I own the real stuff. Well back to programming my TR/TB droids.

Message 16/25             30-Mar-99  @  12:15 AM   -   RE: JoMoX is for my little sister

jcu3

Why do you blokes insist on paying ridiculous prices on "klones" ? Jomax, Drumstation, crapbox 1, etc,etc,. Have fun scratching your head and your nuts sitting there wondering why you didn't buy the real things, when you could have after all the money you invested. By the way I tried the Jomax and it sounds like a cheesy Soundblaster card with knobs on it. OK, if you like it thin then buy it. I like it huge and fat (kinda like your mom's arse). That's why I own the real stuff. Well back to programming my TR/TB droids.

Message 17/25             30-Mar-99  @  12:44 AM   -   RE: JoMoX IS HERE!

pedicelli

Mingia...what the hell is up with the classic analog purism.....of course the original stuff is great, but there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with such devices like the Jomox and especially with the Drumstation......I've even tried the Rave-O-Lution 309 and it serves its purpose quite well for percussion (synth was shit on a stick...).....Future Music even rated it #1 drum machine (for today's era). Gotta remember, it's what beats!!! People aren't gonna be banging their head on the dancefloor and stop suddenly and say: "Hey, that's not a real 909.....d'ya hear the decay 4/7th's of the way after the kick?"

Message 18/25             30-Mar-99  @  01:09 AM   -   RE: JoMoX IS HERE!

jcu3

Pedicelli, your right. I agree. But I guess I'm kinda anal. I spent a great deal of time at the Guitar Center trying to get the 309 to sound right. It's soooo thin. Anorexic thin. Have you ever played with the Yamaha CS1x? I'm talking that thin. Do what you want, dude. I must have some amazing ears, because I hear the differance a mile away. Jomax or 909? " do I need to even answer that"

Message 19/25             30-Mar-99  @  01:12 AM   -   RE: JoMoX IS HERE!

jcu3

Pedicelli, your right. I agree. But I guess I'm kinda anal. I spent a great deal of time at the Guitar Center trying to get the 309 to sound right. It's soooo thin. Anorexic thin. Have you ever played with the Yamaha CS1x? I'm talking that thin. Do what you want, dude. I must have some amazing ears, because I hear the differance a mile away. Jomax or 909? " do I need to even answer that"

Message 20/25             30-Mar-99  @  01:14 AM   -   RE: JoMoX IS HERE!

OOPS

SORRY ABOUT THE DOUBLE EMAILS. MY SYSTEM KEEPS LAUNCHING EMAILS TWICE. I WISH MY COMPUTER WAS ANALOGUE!!!

Message 21/25             30-Mar-99  @  06:47 AM   -   RE: JoMoX IS HERE!

the_real_deal

I have a hard time reading through all these
rants about analog purism sometimes.

well, back to the bedroom.

the girlfriend is waiting.

Message 22/25             30-Mar-99  @  09:47 AM   -   Analogue Purism as Fuck!!

jcu3

Damn right, CHODE! I've seen to many kiddies at the music stores with a sucker in their mouthes, backback, hugepants, jogging shoes, pierced out, choked up and smoked up rave puss. Hitting the start button on some Rave-o-Lution or some MC-505 with some tasteless factory pattern bullshit. And sitting there thinking their soo fucking talented. It's become so instantanous! We purists are a dying breed and we'll never change. Analog is expensive and it actually takes some work. Imagine that? So go head with your Digibeam Controller and new flourescent pink "Groove Approved" !$1000 piece of trash. Twist a knob and hope it doesn't fall off in your hand, sir.
Well, I gotta go step-time something in this little silver box we all seem to hate so much. ..... over.

Message 23/25             30-Mar-99  @  10:17 AM   -   RE: JoMoX IS HERE!

Rob Brown

No shit JCU3@hotmail. Your right man!

Message 24/25             30-Mar-99  @  03:52 PM   -   RE: JoMoX IS HERE!

pedicelli

You're right about the Groove Approved shit...it's all bullshit and looks all fancy 'n' stuff to attract little kids....Roland's on crack...

Message 25/25             21-Apr-99  @  03:26 AM   -   RE: JoMoX IS HERE!

Blue

Link?: Link

Jomox Xbase09 Has been here for quite some time now and I'd like to say that the bass drums are some of the fattest I've ever heard. You can program every step of the grid to play a different pitch for each instrument.(A drum and basssist's wet dream) The only negative that I can think of is the fact that it is only three part polyphonic with alt. clap/rim/cym ect. but this problem has now been eraticated by the development of the Airbase (the every drum sound having it's own voice engine multiple outs for each rackmount interface). Does anyone have any realtime feedback on this interesting module?

Viewing all 25 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

There are 25 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)