aaa ALL U NICE 303 GUYS HELP ME!!! - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: ALL U NICE 303 GUYS HELP ME!!!

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             07-Mar-99  @  08:04 PM   -   ALL U NICE 303 GUYS HELP ME!!!

pmbst23

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

hey guys im new here. i just bought rebirth a month ago and although i really like it i think id like to try out
the real equipment. ive heard these machines are real expensive but i was just wondering if u guys knew
where to get the best deals. id really like to get into makin house but i dont know exactly what equipment i
would need. I figured the 303 and the 909 would be the bare minimum but im not sure what other practical
stuff i would need to get started. if anyone could help i would really appreciate it.

Not goin to cancun for spring break, Pete

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             26-Mar-99  @  09:31 AM   -   RE: ALL U NICE 303 GUYS HELP ME!!!

DJ Sight

Well, I've got an AKAI MPC2000. I love it. It's a sampling drum Machine. You can load samples like drum sounds of any kind into it and you can sequence all your other gear too. I use it for drums, loops, and throwing samples in. other than that, get your self some old synths like the Roland Juno and Jupiter series, Roland SH-101, or a Korg Trinity.

Message 3/4             26-Mar-99  @  02:47 PM   -   RE: ALL U NICE 303 GUYS HELP ME!!!

pedicelli

I've always been a bit confused about the Korg Trinity....is it solely a sampling workstation or is a synth built into it as well if you just buy it like that alone (meaning without a Prophecy or Z1 card...)

Message 4/4             15-Apr-99  @  03:45 AM   -   RE: ALL U NICE 303 GUYS HELP ME!!!

Blue lapis azure Deep

I've been into electronic filters since I was 13. I am 27 now. A Juno series keyboard would be an excellent starting point. It's cheap and versitle. I really think you should get yourself a sampler, just because. The new korg Trinity is awfully fun. The sounds are rich and warm. This is good for any style of music. A bit pricy for someone starting out: but then this; my friend, is not a poor man's hobby. I've got a sugestion for you all(It comes from expierience) If you buy something you should hold on to it and not sell it or trade it for something else just because the new all in one claims to be the shit and you have to have it. Keep your gear that you have and try to make the best use of it because you never know what the next "sound" will be..It could be you!Anyways...SAmple cd are fun so is a 1200 with a good record collection in the hands of a expierenced samplist. But there is nothing like a vintage computer controlled(303, I forgot you were new) feed through some raunchy distortion- or even dry for that matter. Love to all. Blue

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)