aaa IF you Thought Rebirth Wasnt Good Think Again - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: IF you Thought Rebirth Wasnt Good Think Again

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             08-Mar-99  @  06:58 PM   -   IF you Thought Rebirth Wasnt Good Think Again

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Guys, if you ever had any doubts in your minds that you thought that Rebirth wasn't as good as the TB-303 well think again! Obviously nothing beats the real thing but you can make some really good songs using Rebirth and its very hard to tell the difference between songs created with Real hardware ie. the TB-303, TR-808, TR-909 and the Rebirth emulation of these. Take for example T.G. Virus's songs ie. "Adrenaline" "Rush and Base Of Love" all the songs he makes are excellent, and seem to be professionally done, I can in no way find any faults with the sound that comes out of the TB-303 in Rebirth when he creates songs. If T.G. Virus ever reads this, please put a message up or any other Rebirth enthuisast please put up a message, becuase ive been using Rebirth for 2 months now, but the trouble is my songs will never compare to T.G. Virus's or others like DJ Mouse. And I find it very hard to create patterns for Rebirth. Please put up a message thanks  

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             08-Mar-99  @  10:38 PM   -   RE: IF you Thought Rebirth Wasnt Good Think Again

Willy

If you can't come up with anything good on rebirth give up now cause thats as easy as it gets!!!

Message 3/9             08-Mar-99  @  11:27 PM   -   RE: IF you Thought Rebirth Wasnt Good Think Again

pedicelli

Willy's kinda right.....programming the 303 in Rebirth is rather easy...you get to know what step your on and everything, and you can program the slides and accents as you go along...

Message 4/9             07-Apr-99  @  08:23 PM   -   RE: IF you Thought Rebirth Wasnt Good Think Again

fant0m

Ok.. the reason T.G. Virus and Dj Mouse have songs that sound so great is they control rebirth via midi and an external keybord controller. With this type of setup Rebirth is a good adition to your studio.

F0t0n Fant0m

Message 5/9             07-Apr-99  @  11:44 PM   -   RE: IF you Thought Rebirth Wasnt Good Think Again

jcu3

I have both. The 303 and Rebirth. Now I would never release anything with the Ribirth program in a hundred years. How can I explain this?I think you need understand something: The differance is like having the latest Penthouse in one hand and spanking it, or having your girlfriend come over to your Apt and go to town till 3 in the morning! What would you rather do? Ribirth 338 or TB-303? ............tuff one.

Message 6/9             08-Apr-99  @  12:55 AM   -   RE: IF you Thought Rebirth Wasnt Good Think Again

pedicelli

Link?: Link

Ya, but not all of us have access to real 303's and not all of us are willing to pay $1,000.00 US for one.....a real 303 is of course better, but Rebirth along with a MIDI controller does the job well.

Message 7/9             08-Apr-99  @  01:12 AM   -   RE: IF you Thought Rebirth Wasnt Good Think Again

ReZo-99

I have both too. I love ReBirth. I use the drum machines alot and I use the 303s through the PCF to get some real trippy sounds for background effects. I think ReBirth does a good job for what it does. Check out my page on mp3.com (address above^) and listen to a song I did called Static Control. I used the the drums and the 303s on this track. When this track was made, I didn't own my TB yet so I was just using ReBirth. Download the song and listen to it. If this song doesn't convince you that ReBirth can get down and dirty...well, then I guess your not a versitile person. I like to try things with all my music gear, software and hardware.

Now Im not saying that ReBirth is better than the original TB cause its not, I love my TB. Im just saying that ReBirth can do some nice tricks if you know how to freak it. All the close minded people saying its the 303 or nothing...well...suit your self, but if you need some sounds to back you up or if you want a second 303 to back you up and you dont have a second one well I think ReBirth will to the job.

ReBirth sounds close but once you own a TB, you can tell the difference. ReBirth sounds like a digital TB, theres not enough bass in the basslines unless you use the PCF. The accent on ReBirth doesn't really sound like the original either. Its close but the accent on a TB-303 is stronger and has more punch. The sequencer on ReBirth is alot easier but once you try a real TB, you'll love it. The sequencer on the TB is unique and its alot of fun try to see what your going to get out of it. ReBirth is hella fun too just to mess around with it. If you havent tried ReBirth yet, give it a whirl.

People should be more versitile.
Thats my 2 cents anyway.

ReZo-99
High Society

BTW the original mix of Static Control was uploaded to mp3.com but it hasn't shown yet, Ill post it here when its up. Its just pure acid and it freaks the hell out of the ReBirth 303's.

Message 8/9             08-Apr-99  @  01:30 AM   -   RE: IF you Thought Rebirth Wasnt Good Think Again

ReZo-99

I have both too. I love ReBirth. I use the drum machines alot and I use the 303s through the PCF to get some real trippy sounds for background effects. I think ReBirth does a good job for what it does. Check out my page on mp3.com (address above^) and listen to a song I did called Static Control. I used the the drums and the 303s on this track. When this track was made, I didn't own my TB yet so I was just using ReBirth. Download the song and listen to it. If this song doesn't convince you that ReBirth can get down and dirty...well, then I guess your not a versitile person. I like to try things with all my music gear, software and hardware.

Now Im not saying that ReBirth is better than the original TB cause its not, I love my TB. Im just saying that ReBirth can do some nice tricks if you know how to freak it. All the close minded people saying its the 303 or nothing...well...suit your self, but if you need some sounds to back you up or if you want a second 303 to back you up and you dont have a second one well I think ReBirth will to the job.

ReBirth sounds close but once you own a TB, you can tell the difference. ReBirth sounds like a digital TB, theres not enough bass in the basslines unless you use the PCF. The accent on ReBirth doesn't really sound like the original either. Its close but the accent on a TB-303 is stronger and has more punch. The sequencer on ReBirth is alot easier but once you try a real TB, you'll love it. The sequencer on the TB is unique and its alot of fun try to see what your going to get out of it. ReBirth is hella fun too just to mess around with it. If you havent tried ReBirth yet, give it a whirl.

People should be more versitile.
Thats my 2 cents anyway.

ReZo-99
High Society

BTW the original mix of Static Control was uploaded to mp3.com but it hasn't shown yet, Ill post it here when its up. Its just pure acid and it freaks the hell out of the ReBirth 303's.

Message 9/9             08-Apr-99  @  01:39 AM   -   RE: IF you Thought Rebirth Wasnt Good Think Again

ReZo

Sorry about that. ;~)

Also, another good song that uses the 303's from ReBirth is Space Vacuum from SLiCE. Check out his homepage at www.tb303.com/slice and download Space Vacuum. This song is fucking tight and the ReBirth 303's tear shit up! Check it out.

ReZo-99

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)