aaa Korg Prophecy 303 patch - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

09-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Korg Prophecy 303 patch

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             26-Mar-99  @  10:55 AM   -   Korg Prophecy 303 patch

dan303

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Just got a Korg Prophecy a couple days ago and I downloaded the 303 patch from DJ terrorist's 303 page. I think this is a cool emulation and it's cool using the 5 knobs on my Prophecy to edit the sound. Very deep bass and a pretty good piercing high.
By the way I also think the Prophecy is one of the coolest synths I've played, I like it!
Also for those people getting brainwashed by all those 505 bashers who think only original stuff can come out of the old analogue stuff, I got an mc-505 and though it is not perfect, it can dish out some pretty good original beats, cool effects, although I do admit that someof the synth sounds are not to my liking(thats why I use my JP-8000,Prophecy, and Korg 01/W for sounds)but some sounds are cool. The 505 is an exellent drum machine with exellent effects to produce orignal beats. Just think original when playing ANYTHING and you'll surprise people. I never like to bash any instrument and these instruments are being bashed simply because somebody has the wrong expectation of what it should sound exactly. A TB-303 is a TB-303. An MC-505 is an MC-505, and so on. Get whatever is to your liking and respect what is not to your liking, because you never know what can be done with anything if such ignorance and wrong expectations obscure the true capabilities of an intrument.
Much Respect to all and to thier perticular equiptment & keep those slammin tracks coming!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             26-Mar-99  @  02:44 PM   -   RE: Korg Prophecy 303 patch

pedicelli

When I first got my Prophecy, I was making a patch with just one standard analog oscillator and produced this screaming 303...was pretty wicked! What ROM version do you have?

Message 3/8             27-Mar-99  @  11:28 AM   -   RE: Korg Prophecy 303 patch

dan303

It turns out I have rom version 13, right know I'm in the process of updation it to #20.How about you?

Message 4/8             27-Mar-99  @  09:17 PM   -   RE: Korg Prophecy 303 patch

pedicelli

Woh...you get major arpeggiator problems with version 13...I've got 16, and it's just fine...I was supposed to get 20 over my Spring Break, but never got around to going to the service center...

Goddamn it, I want a Z1!!!

Message 5/8             28-Mar-99  @  06:40 PM   -   RE: Korg Prophecy 303 patch

How can i tell which rom version my prof has?

Message 6/8             28-Mar-99  @  09:02 PM   -   RE: Korg Prophecy 303 patch

pedicelli

Hold the ENTER and EXIT buttons on power-up.

Message 7/8             31-Mar-99  @  01:29 PM   -   RE: Korg Prophecy 303 patch

How do you upgrade it?

Message 8/8             01-Apr-99  @  01:13 AM   -   RE: Korg Prophecy 303 patch

pedicelli

Get in touch with your Korg dealer/customer servicer....they carry the ROM version #20 cards. I think that it's a socket connection....highly doubt that anything has to be soldered....

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)