aaa Nordlead 2 real deal or no deal? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Nordlead 2 real deal or no deal?

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             29-Mar-99  @  09:34 AM   -   Nordlead 2 real deal or no deal?

dan303

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I want to know if the Nordlead 2 is as good as the reviews I see on the net? I'm not looking to buy anytime soon(unless I see one at a great price), it's just that I'm wondering what other musicians prefer as far as virtual analogue synths go. I got a JP-8000 and Korg Prophecy, how does the Nord compare? Is it about the same, ect?
Thanks

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             29-Mar-99  @  09:54 AM   -   RE: Nordlead 2 real deal or no deal?

TheRite

Get a Nord Modular ot Micromodular, they're MUCH more versitile.(is that correct english?...)
You've alreadey got an JP-8000 four you're 'basic' analog sounds, and the NL2 is similar as you already mentioned.

Bart

Message 3/5             30-Mar-99  @  12:52 AM   -   RE: Nordlead 2 real deal or no deal?

pedicelli

The fattest one you've got is the Prophecy, but one of the clerks at my music store will put the Nordlead II over the Z1 for techno use, so it's gotta be good for something! I've heard the Nordlead I, and it blew me away! Fucked up sounds à la masse!!!!! You can't go wrong with it! It's red!

Message 4/5             07-Apr-99  @  07:33 AM   -   RE: Nordlead 2 real deal or no deal?

Jason

Just in case. How about the Access Virus or the waldorf Microwave XT? How are they compared to the rest. I own the Roland JP 8080 and I think the Virus will sound too familiar and the XT will be different. What do you people think?

Message 5/5             07-Apr-99  @  08:12 PM   -   RE: Nordlead 2 real deal or no deal?

Looney Boy

The Nord Lead 2 is a great synth. First you have four audio outputs so for those who sequence its like having 4 keyboards. Future Music did a review of the JP8000, Nord Lead, and the Yamamha ANX1, They all came really close. I think the ANX1 got a better review only on the fact that it had a few more features and cost less. The Nord Lead though sounds a lot warmer than the JP8000, and ANX1. It is a good synth. The Nord Modular is better a lot better but cost twice as much...Though if you have the cash I would look into the Novation Super Nova. Multi timbl, a lot of outputs, and can be upgradeed from 16 to 32 voice.

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)