aaa Problem syncing my TB - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

10-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Problem syncing my TB

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             30-Mar-99  @  10:36 PM   -   Problem syncing my TB

illcheckback

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hey guys,

Last week I bought a TB-303 to add to my small setup. I already own a Syntecno and am trying to get it to sync with the TB. The light blinks in tempo alright, faster when I increase speed and.. (drum roll) slower when I decrease it. Except! No sound. Volume is up and as soon as I take out the DIN-plug my silver box plays like normal.

Anyway, the manual is a bit unclear here, it says to press the "CLEAR/RESET" button on the TB-303 (page 75).. but I haven't been able to find one. I would figure they mean PATTERN CLEAR/BAR RESET, but when I press that it doesn't do anything.

So what am I to do? The blinking indicator light must mean it's getting the sync signal okay.

Thanks a million!

Lars.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             30-Mar-99  @  11:29 PM   -   RE: Problem syncing my TB

jcu3

I have two 303's sync'd up to my sequencer and It's not doing that. What I've experiancend is that when you have it sync'd up correctly, you should not be able to adjust the tempo on your 303. No matter how much you speed up or slow down your 303 tempo knob, it should not adjust it's tempo, to be truelly locked up. This is the same with all my droids. By the way I don't know what page 75 says in the manual. I never really look at it that much, it's hard to follow. It's too much brain damage for me....

Hope this helps.

Message 3/8             31-Mar-99  @  01:19 PM   -   RE: Problem syncing my TB

What kind of lead are you using.i.e. is it a regular midi lead or a propper DIN lead (the pins used are different).
Also what are you plugging the other end of the lead into? Does the Synteco have a DIN sync out?

Message 4/8             31-Mar-99  @  06:51 PM   -   RE: Problem syncing my TB

First off, thanks to you both for replying!

Ehm, I'm using an old DIN cable that I dug out of a box. And I've tried MIDI-cables, but I figured it wouldn't work. :D

But since the DIN-cable is really old, I have no idea where it comes from or if the pin-layout is maybe specialized or something. There is a shop I'll go to, to get a real-genuine DIN-cable and try again. At least then I'm 100% sure that the cable isn't to blame.

Yeah, the Syntecno has a whole set of CV/GATE outs, and one SYNC out. It's still the spider in my setup, and will remain so even now that I have a 'real' TB-303. It's always cool to be able to have two riffs eating into each other.. heeh..

So, I guess checking it out with a new cable isn't a bad move, right?

Grtz,
Lars.

Message 5/8             01-Apr-99  @  02:00 AM   -   RE: Problem syncing my TB

jcu3

Dude, Rat Shack has them. They only come in black now. They used to have them in gray. The DIN cords that is. They work great, that's about the only thing I would buy there.

Message 6/8             01-Apr-99  @  12:44 PM   -   RE: Problem syncing my TB

Rat Shack? Hm.. I'm in The Netherlands, so I'll just go to my special shop this evening. :D

But yeah, a grey DIN-cable would be much cooler than a black one. Good tip.. I'll ask for a grey one!

Cheers,
Lars.

Message 7/8             05-Apr-99  @  12:06 PM   -   RE: Problem syncing my TB

Lars

Alright!! I just got my TB-303 synced with all my other equipment.. it was indeed a faulty cable.. now I have a genuine Roland SYNC cable and it works like a charm.. thanks again to all who replied..

I'm off to play with my silver box!

Lars.

Message 8/8             06-Apr-99  @  01:09 PM   -   RE: Problem syncing my TB

lucky boy!!!

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)