aaa Making perfect loops - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

10-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Making perfect loops

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             02-Apr-99  @  08:18 PM   -   Making perfect loops

pedicelli

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I'm in the process of sequencing stuff in Sonic Foundry Acid...now putting a 303 and 909 loop together is no big deal whatsoever...since I'm using Rebirth, the loops are always perfect...

Now I'm layering live patterns with my synth..I hit the record button, and I hear what I have layered so far....I wait for correct timing, and start to play my synth....then hit stop when I'm done...fine...
I delete the silence, then move the pattern to where I want, but it sounds off beat...I try again and again, and sometimes I get it ok, but there's got to be an easier way of doing this?

Any suggestions? Software that can help?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             03-Apr-99  @  03:24 AM   -   RE: Making perfect loops

ReZo-99

Yes, there is. I always edit my loops with Cool Edit 96 before I use 'em with ACID. ACID will automatically match the tempo and make 'em sync. Just open your loop with Cool Edit and go to options and click on loop mode and edit the loop until it loops on beat.

Pedicelli, send me some clips of your music. I'd like to check it out.

Hope I helped.

ReZo-99

Message 3/4             03-Apr-99  @  03:20 PM   -   RE: Making perfect loops

pedicelli

That's what I thought....I haven't really been using Cool Edit Pro that much, but I was aware of the feature, just never really figured it out.....hard to figure out some programs quickly when you don't have the manual!  

Give me an e-mail and give me your UIN for the ICQ Network. I'll send you one of my completed songs done with Acid which combines Rebirth and live patterns from my synth. The only problem with the song is that the sound itself (not the creativity of it) is very vague and not very sharp...I've gotta figure out how to use those directx plugins and get a compressor working, I think...cause a volume mix definetely doesn't do the trick.

Message 4/4             03-Apr-99  @  04:37 PM   -   RE: Making perfect loops

ReZo-99

Will do.

ReZo

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)