aaa MISC... - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: MISC...

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             07-Apr-99  @  08:56 AM   -   MISC...

gmacdona

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

hello.....what can you guys tell me about samplers.? opinions on the Akai mp2 2000 (i cant aford more)....and i own a korg prophecy but its my only synth and i cant make SH*T with it since its monophonic so im thinkin of selling it....but i dont want to lessen my sound quality to much.....any opinions on that...??i dont really want to sell it though  ....thanks

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             07-Apr-99  @  11:52 AM   -   RE: MISC...

jcu3

Link?: Link

Dear Sir,

Don't even think about selling your Korg. I respect the shit out of it. Not because the 303 emulation, because it has so many other features. As far the Akai goes. I wouldn't even recommend that thing to anyone. I know alot of people swear by their MPC-2000 and 3000's. I like that it reads wave files and reads and writes SMF. But it has the most god aweful sequencer on the planet. I had it for 3 monthes and hated it. Plus I could hear polyphony drop out on two or three voices! Back to the sequencer. It writes in this fucked up track mode, up to 64 tracks. Plus, and most of all who would even want to own a sequencer that doesn't write in steptime grid style? Especially for producers as my self who generate minimal droided out Kraftwerk trax. There is no way that would work for me. I would suggest the new Yamaha RM1X for a fly sequencer. 16 trax that you can send out through midi. It reads and writes SMF. And writes in grid style as the XoX boxes do. Don't worry about the voices, the are thin and weak. Send all the parts out to your Korg and 15 other modules/sampler/keyboards, while locking up a TB-303 to it via midi time clock!

That's my opinion,dude.

Message 3/7             07-Apr-99  @  09:43 PM   -   RE: MISC...

gmacdona

cool.....thanks man....thats weird you say that cuz my roomate was goona get the RMX-1 but ended up getting the Yamaha SU-700....that sampler.....the RMX-1 did look pretty cool but im not an expert on everything so i lost myself.....he says the SU-700 is hard to program and he's actually buying the RMX-1 tomorrow....i remeber he said the sequencer on the RMX-1 was pretty easy to use to.....hmmmm... interesting.....what do you mean when you say the voices are weak.?and whatever else after that that you said.........thank again for your help man...much apreciated.....anything else.?

Message 4/7             07-Apr-99  @  11:32 PM   -   RE: MISC...

jcu3

What I mean about the voices, is that it has the AWM2 chip inside. It's PCM based samples. Not like your Prophecy that it is physical modeling. That thing growls, chirp, burbs, bleeps, farts, grunts, zaps hard. That's why I like it. It's fat. But the Yamaha RM1x voices are sharp and plasticy sounding. No balls. It's like the difference between analogue and digital, simply. And as far the other stuff I mentioned. Well, you may want to buy a book or something on midi and using Standard Midi Files. It's pretty straight forward stuff. But I'm sure the rest of the forum doesn't want to hear about it. Email me personally if you want.

james

Message 5/7             08-Apr-99  @  01:03 AM   -   RE: MISC...

pedicelli

Link?: Link

The reason why you can't make anything with the Prophecy isn't because it's monophonic....that's like saying you can't make dick with an SH-101 or MS-20....learn to program it! I make all of my sounds with it, and I've even made a JP-8000-like patch which Scooter uses frequently...and you could swear than it sounds polyphonic...how I did that is my own secret technique.......it's my own secret technique....it's my own secret technique, technique, technique...

(damn I hate Firestarter, but boy does the introduction even whop fuckin' ass....)

Message 6/7             08-Apr-99  @  08:08 PM   -   RE: MISC...

gmacdona

yah i dont know crap.....but i thought thats what this 'discussion' shit was for.......im just tryin to learn

Message 7/7             09-Apr-99  @  02:56 AM   -   RE: MISC...

jcu3

Then read on. "Reader's are leaders" dude.

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)