aaa Selling My JP-8000. - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Selling My JP-8000.

Viewing all 19 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/19             09-Apr-99  @  12:26 PM   -   Selling My JP-8000.

jcu3

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

What do you think a good street price is for a perfect JP-8000? I still like it, but I can't seem to own anything anymore by Roland made in the 90's. I sold the Groovebox a couple of days ago. How embarrasing. Groove anything is for children. I could actually see Autechre or Seefeel using any of those joker boxes. ha ha. (not)
--------HEY ROLAND YOU BLEW IT------

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/19             09-Apr-99  @  02:37 PM   -   RE: Selling My JP-8000.

pedicellI

Link?: Link

Street price is something usually between $800.00 - $900.00 US, so I've seen.....but dunno why you would wanna get rid of that, it's a good synth.....I would love to take it off your hands, but I can't blow all my cash again on a synth......damnit I want one!

Oh, and would you possibly have any Autechre in MP3? I wanna check out their stuff...

Message 3/19             11-Apr-99  @  06:28 AM   -   RE: Selling My JP-8000.

dan

Why wait to see other artists use certain gear!? Its ridiculous, maybe its you that can't do anyhting with your gear! I don't mean to be blunt but C'mon now, You got to ask yourself is it going to be any different if I have the "approved, everybody has it gear"? and as far as the Jp-8000 it is a great synth, keep it and try harder to get what you want out of it. but if you need the cash well thats a different story......

Message 4/19             11-Apr-99  @  12:57 PM   -   RE: Selling My JP-8000.

All I can day is that I was having a hard time making music on my Alesis QS8 until I got my new JP 8080 My music whent threw the roof. Ideas were every were. The Jp 8000,8080 are definatly an Idea maker synth for me. I was stuck on a tape for a while but boy the JP 8080 sure help speed things along.

basically I wouldnt sell such a good piece of gear unless I know I am going to get somthing better. As for the price I payed for mine I think it was all worth it.

Later

Message 5/19             11-Apr-99  @  11:23 PM   -   RE: Selling My JP-8000.

I never said I couldn't make music on it. It's just that those voices are just way to fluffy. Dripping with effects. I hate Roland these days anyhow. I've been searching for a Roland Promars Compuphonic and some of the old SH-09/SH-01 boards. Now thats fat. Real fat. No modelling or PCM bullshit. The JP8K is ok if you like simulation of true analog fattness. I think people get confused between "fat and "bassy".I tried a friends Jupiter 6 once and about blew my headphones of my head and on to the floor. There is such a livelyness and humm to the character of the sound. It's like Rebirth and a TB. Sonically the 338 program "sounds" like a real 303, but the "rawness" is deleted. This is what I mean with the JP-8000 and it's real counterparts.

That's just my anal OB-1 Kenobi analog purism coming through. sorry. Let the flames begin. ..........here we go

Message 6/19             12-Apr-99  @  03:01 AM   -   RE: Selling My JP-8000.

Jason

Ok say that the old analogs are fatter is great. But How about prices, Reliability, Who is willing to sell there old analogs to you, No Midi, primative Midi,? There is alot of things about old analogs. Sure they may sound more alive and better. But they are very old and the fact that most of them are too expensive and unreliable. Have you heard about how much some of these old gears cost to get fixed? Tons! And the fact that they may just quit on you in a rather of months.

I wouldnt mind owning alot of the old synths but I am turned off by there old technology and primative or no Midi unreliableness of them.

Later

Message 7/19             12-Apr-99  @  03:48 AM   -   RE: Selling My JP-8000.

Hey Jason I think your right man. I hate analog, it sucks! What I really want to do is is trade my 606, 909, 303 and Juno's for a Groove Approved EG-101. Why not, doesn't the EG-101 or the MC-505 have all those sounds in there? Can you help me? I really don't know what I'm doing. whatever

Jason perception on analog:

"analog is old technology and primative or no Midi unreliableness of them."

Obviously, you don't know anything about ANALOGUE!

-Reliable as fuck!
-Dopefer, Kenton, Phil Reese make interfaces to make them work with midi.
-Hardly no more expensive than physical modelling or PCM based crap!
-Holds way more value than some the latest "Dance Solutions"

I'm truly wasting my time try to explain.
-

Message 8/19             12-Apr-99  @  05:14 AM   -   RE: Selling My JP-8000.

groove approved is for the basic "I wanna make tracks"! Old analog is for the "I'm dead serious about making tracks". If you care enough about what you're going to be putting out, you're going to wanna put it out with the best sound possible. Using half assed equipment will make the recording sound half ass. If you wan't you're shit alive, a groove box ain't gonna do it. Analog is for who care about sound. Digital is for people who care less.

Message 9/19             12-Apr-99  @  06:04 AM   -   RE: Selling My JP-8000.

jcu3

Oh my god. Someone finally posted something fucking intelligent. That's amazing. Thank You very much, and I thought there wasn't any one out there who would agree with me. It makes posting all worth it. I coudn't agree more. Brilliant.

Nice one.

Message 10/19             12-Apr-99  @  09:59 AM   -   RE: Selling My JP-8000.

Jason

I completely forgot about Retro fits and stuff sorry. But I have to say atleast there is still problems about old gear. And I was not talking about new gear. The new analog synths (not talking Virtuals)that were released in the 90's should be the perfect solution for reliability and Todays Midi. Who Recomends the best analog synth released from these days. I know there is the Novation bass and Super basstsation,Waldorf Pulse and Pulse +, Technosaurus, Oberheim Matrix 1000, etc. What real analog synth from the 90's do you recomend?

The new Virtual analogs seem cool. I bought the roland JP 8080 and later found out that when you turn the knobs slowly that you can hear stepping. About each knob and slider had up to 128 veriations. Which means you can only hear 128 veriations of the sound per knob or slider. It does however sound smooth when you turn them quickly and it helps make them sound smoother when you add alittle delay to them. I also found out that the knobs were made to be used with MIDI and MIDI is only powerfull enough for 128 steps for sound programing. Atleast the DCO's and LFO's are liquid smooth no matter how fast or slow you make them move.

Later

Message 11/19             12-Apr-99  @  11:59 AM   -   RE: Selling My JP-8000.

yea, the 8080's nice. Not sure what i'd recommend for your taste on old synths? I don't know what you produce? As far as what you mentioned about about the Waldorf stuff above. The Waldorf Pulse and Pulse Plus has a %100 analogue engine. NICE! I respect it. Most of the of the others don't. I'm not 100 percent sure on the OB. I'm not a analogue expert, but I know what sounds real to me.

Message 12/19             12-Apr-99  @  11:45 PM   -   RE: Selling My JP-8000.

pedicelli

Nothing beats the sound of analog gear, but you cannot deny that this stuff breaks down. Age, temperature, and many other factors contribute to their failiure.....plus, if you're not experienced with a voltmeter, tuning can be a bitch.

This does not mean that I support any kind of sampled based shit-in-a-box....don't start with the missinterpretations...it has nothing to do with what I'm saying....if you still think this and you're that hard-headed, then go fuck your mother...

Message 13/19             13-Apr-99  @  12:48 AM   -   RE: Selling My JP-8000.

that's not necessary.

Message 14/19             13-Apr-99  @  12:56 AM   -   RE: Selling My JP-8000.

jcu3

Settle down Pedicelli.

Message 15/19             19-Apr-99  @  09:55 AM   -   RE: Selling My JP-8000.

Trevor

Hey jcu3@hotmail? what you selling the Jp-8000 for?

Message 16/19             19-Apr-99  @  03:27 PM   -   RE: Selling My JP-8000.

jcu3

Sold it man. Thanks anyways. Cheers.

Message 17/19             19-Apr-99  @  11:36 PM   -   RE: Selling My JP-8000.

pedicelli

Ahhh...dag nabit...I was hoping that I could make you an offer you couldn't refuse!

Message 18/19             22-Apr-99  @  11:30 AM   -   RE: Selling My JP-8000.

skot_e

Does Phil Reese have a web address? My searches have failed to find anything.
Cheers

Message 19/19             10-May-99  @  08:13 AM   -   RE: Selling My JP-8000.

oz

who gives a flippity flappety fuck what you use. if you're jammin you're jammin. give this groove approved "crap" about 5 more years so we can see what there really is to see with them. you limited negative peeps.

Viewing all 19 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 19 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)