aaa Casio synths ARE the bomb! - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Casio synths ARE the bomb!

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             15-Apr-99  @  03:14 AM   -   Casio synths ARE the bomb!

Deep Blue

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Of course it depends on which model we are refering too. the only models that are worth a rats ass are the cz series and the fz series. These are not department store keys they were made back in the early 80's. Mr. Vincent Clark uses them...And so do I! So get a clue before you open your mind and type shit about Casio synths!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             16-Apr-99  @  05:41 AM   -   RE: Casio synths ARE the bomb!

Jay

Hey Deep Blue why did you post this topic in the TB 303 Chat site?

Message 3/3             17-Apr-99  @  06:38 PM   -   RE: Casio synths ARE the bomb!

Lapis lazuli

A CZ series synth can make fairly good emulation of a a bassline synth. The Cz family of keyboards employ a synthesis method called phase distortion...Even though this method is purely digital by nature there are some ways to make the coldness of this (4 part mulititimbral $100.00) synth sound fairly warm. Case in point: The sixth waveform(of eight) you have to choose from has an ample amount of "resonance" to get the emulation started(I've put resonance in quotes because there is'nt any real resonance involved here just a digital waveform.) This waveform alone passed through an envelope in the basic shape of A:0%,D:100%,S:100%,R:0% sounds really cool...(the cz actually has 8 stages of envelope contol!) As you can see I really have the hots for this synth. I went all out and spent a whole $200 for the flagship of the line (CZ-1) The models to be on the lookout for are the 101,1000,3000,5000, and the 1.
I input my thoughts at this forum because I am philoanalosyntologist(one who operates vintage analog gear will losta love.) I fell that anything that has to do with this sexy silver brused metal box has a right to be here. I surely did'nt post my message to put down anyone or to say mean things about anyone here...just to help. I enjoy recieving email from creative individuals who also share a love for this way of life...so feel free :DeepBlueStudios.email@msn.com...Happy filtering, gotta go!

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)