aaa Tb-303 midified= change in sound! - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Tb-303 midified= change in sound!

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             16-Apr-99  @  09:10 AM   -   Tb-303 midified= change in sound!

dan

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I've read somewhere that when you midifiy a tb-303 the sound doesn't remain the same. How true is this? Also that the tb303's differ from one another and that actually you can get a shitty sounding one! Can any tb303 owner clear this up for me,Thanks!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             16-Apr-99  @  09:18 AM   -   RE: Tb-303 midified= change in sound!

technician

I've heard that too! But have no clue if it is true or not? I've only used on, which is my own. So I could not tell you. But if I duplicate the same line as another record I own, it's filtering will sound the same. Exept for nearly all the plastikman stuff. the filters always sound a little different. sometimes a little ruffer, some a little softer. So I wouldn't mind knowing either? Any help?

Message 3/3             16-Apr-99  @  12:39 PM   -   RE: Tb-303 midified= change in sound!

jcu3

Yes, I tried this once. If you get your TB modified with CV/Gate inputs. You can drive it from an external sequncer. You need to have it modified because it only comes with the CV/Gate outputs. Once that is done you can purchase a Midi to CV interface from Kenton/Dopefer/Phil Rees etc,etc.. But it actually sounds pretty boring. The 303 analogue engine is pretty plain without it's heavenly sequencer. That's why all the klones are just mediocre. They're missing the best part! The fly sequencer ! As far as Mods go. Tom Carpenter @ Analogue Solutions and Robin Whittle do these tricks. Also, as you may probably know Hypereal, has links to show you to install the CV/Gate inputs yourself.(I'd never.) You can actually buy the parts at Rat Shack. Hope this helps on this issue guys.

jcu3@hotmail.com

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)