aaa P C F - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: P C F

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             16-Apr-99  @  02:52 PM   -   P C F

ME

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

You know the effect on rebirth2 - PCF? What is it and can you get it as a real effects box? ta

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             16-Apr-99  @  06:29 PM   -   RE: P C F

technician

Link?:  No link

Yeah, good question! I wan't one to! So someone help out!

Message 3/7             17-Apr-99  @  07:05 PM   -   RE: P C F

As blue as blue can be...

Pulse code filter. or p.c.f. through the minds of those people with those funny hats...You cannot get A pcf outside of rebirth but you colud get one of it's several analogous hardware equvilents: Waldorf 4 pole, waldorf xpole, sherman filterbank, The "new" mutron designed by bob moog himself. It is the same filter found in the minimoog. I had this idea long before I started seeing these devices appear on the market in response to how cold make dx100 sounded.(I should have patented it.)Now I simply use dx for cold hard sounds. This module in a program or hardware standalone is (in my opinion) one of the most important features of a cool piece of gear...The filter! The thing that makes your keyboards sound like a frog ribbiting in a louisiana swamp or a pig hollering right before it gets slaughtered on the farm. These are good things...we want our keyboards to have organic similarities. We wamt our toys to behave in manner that blushes even the trampiest red light whore. With that said, Happy filtering and then some...Deep Blue

Message 4/7             17-Apr-99  @  10:16 PM   -   RE: P C F

ReZo-99

Link?: Link

PCF stands for Pattern Controlled Filter. It uses different preset patterns to filter your sequences, or you can use it as a standard filter, cutoff, resonance, decay, and amount. Thats what the switch on the top is for. As for an external module that does this, you have to do like Deep Blue said and buy different modules. BUT, then again you still wont be able to get the exact filtering out of these modules. You can filter the cutoff, resonance, etc., but the only way to use these exact filters is to gather your samples and create your own ReBirth mod. This way you can get exactly what you want.

Hope I helped.

ReZo-99
High Society

Message 5/7             18-Apr-99  @  08:20 AM   -   RE: P C F

Deep Bloopers

My aplogies for the incorrect info...Rezo is correct. It is called a pattern controlled filter; However, you can program stand alone filter boxes via controller messages through midi. These patterns will be yours exclusive...you are not limited by preset patterns only by your lack of creativity...

Message 6/7             18-Apr-99  @  08:42 AM   -   RE: P C F

NOT EVEN

Pussy Cunt Faggot?

Message 7/7             18-Apr-99  @  09:04 AM   -   RE: P C F

yes, thats right. well done

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)