aaa is it possible to shuffle a 303? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: is it possible to shuffle a 303?

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             19-Apr-99  @  10:16 PM   -   is it possible to shuffle a 303?

acid

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

someone told me that it is possible..but how??

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             19-Apr-99  @  11:29 PM   -   RE: is it possible to shuffle a 303?

pedicelli

Link?: Link

There's a shuffle function in Rebirth, but I don't know of any actual FX units for the actual TB-303...

Message 3/7             19-Apr-99  @  11:47 PM   -   RE: is it possible to shuffle a 303?

nospam-gendreau

Shuffle is not an FX that you pass the 303 sound through.
You have to mess with the tempo signal.

The easiest way to do that is to DIN sync it to an external clock like from a TR-707 drum machine. The TR-707 is cheap(~150US on ebay) and it has a shuffle feature.

As an added bonus, the 707 also puts out MIDI time code, so you can sync your PC/midi rig to it as well.

After i finish my SH-101 MIDI mod i think i would like to build a master tempo box. It will put out midi time code as well as din sync. In addition to being able to select specific BPM, i will also put a +/-10% fader and a +/- bump buttons so it can be manipulated like a DJ CD player.

-Dan G.
PS. Remove the 'nospam-" if you want to reply via email.

Message 4/7             20-Apr-99  @  12:45 AM   -   RE: is it possible to shuffle a 303?

Blue

Right on...

Message 5/7             20-Apr-99  @  05:37 AM   -   RE: is it possible to shuffle a 303?

Blue

I remember the day with fondness. It was a friday evening and I had been waiting for 3 months because I had to put the darn thing on layaway. $1075.00 did'nt come to easy back in those days. Anyways...I was so excited. I could hardly wait to get home and plug it in to see if it sounded as good as it did when I had been demoing it. I was real cool about not calling attention to myself and did just that-"Shuffled" my Transistor Bass right out that door!

Message 6/7             20-Apr-99  @  06:58 AM   -   RE: is it possible to shuffle a 303?

NOTEVEN

Hello all,
To shuffle yo' little twee o' twee:
707/909trigout>ARP/SCItrig in>ARP/SCI CV/GATEout>twee o' tweeCV/GATE in

I use:

ARP Axxe and Sequential Ciruits Pro One for trig to CV/GATE conversion to my Devilfish

out...

Message 7/7             21-Apr-99  @  06:21 PM   -   NOTEVEN - you have a Devilfish?

©hrisFader

hey, i asked aboiut this a while ago, but started a flame war betewwn a bunch of heads. I want to talk to someone who HAS a Devilfish. If you do, then I would like to correspond with you via e-mail and ask u a few questions. I am planning on getting the mods this summer. i have talked to Robin and am just saving some bones right now (when i did have the cash, he ran out of the 2.0 printed boards and some of the switches). Anyway, let me know. e-mail is squalcho@yahoo.com.

©hrisFader

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)