aaa Novation Drumstation vs. Rebirth - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Novation Drumstation vs. Rebirth

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             02-May-99  @  09:12 PM   -   Novation Drumstation vs. Rebirth

pedicelli

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I presently have Rebirth and a MIDI controller with plently of knobs, sliders, and buttons to control it and I was now considering the Novation Drumstation...

Now it doesn't have the 16 step interface (it's rackmounted), so everything will have to be done with the mouse which will slow down the programming process...or I could use the buttons of my MIDI controller, I dunno....

What my main concern is, would it be worth getting the Novation Drumstation even with all the controlled parameters of rebirth for the each individual instrument? Drumstation also has individual effects, and ReWire seems to be pretty shit due to all the processing power needed......Drum Station is a real synthesizer...not based on sampled shit...

Also gotta consider that I'm always on a low budjet....should I stick to Rebirth? Or sell my MIDI controller, and just use the knobs of my Prophecy for Rebirth? Mass confusion again...please help...

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             02-May-99  @  11:00 PM   -   RE: Novation Drumstation vs. Rebirth

freddy

Link?:  No link

rebirth doesnt offer you anything like the pattern variations and signature/groove facilities of a drumstation & sequencer s/w...imho you can access both kits on DS easy & there is alot of parameters to mess with before you get to the possiblities of outboard processing with the seperate outs (also good with a mixer for live dub mixes)

Message 3/6             03-May-99  @  09:01 AM   -   RE: Novation Drumstation vs. Rebirth

skot_e

Just to clarify, the DS does have smpled hats, as well as some other instuments - can't remeber what they are though.
The Kick snare and clap are Analogue Synthesis Modeling

Message 4/6             04-May-99  @  12:30 AM   -   RE: Novation Drumstation vs. Rebirth

pedicelli

I think I'm gonna with something that has a 16 step sequence interface...

Comment about the 309 and ER-1?

Message 5/6             05-May-99  @  08:06 AM   -   RE: Novation Drumstation vs. Rebirth

skot_e

Jomox 09 maybbe???? Although I think that the polyphony is pretty weak.

Message 6/6             07-May-99  @  04:48 AM   -   RE: Novation Drumstation vs. Rebirth

pedicelli

Forget about the 309...too fuckin' expensive...

I'm gonna go with the ER-1...

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)