aaa My TR-909 is pretty damn awesome!!! - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: My TR-909 is pretty damn awesome!!!

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             07-May-99  @  07:20 PM   -   My TR-909 is pretty damn awesome!!!

jcu3

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I had decided to keep my beast of a 909. I like the Korg too but.... I could never sleep at night thinking that analogue kick and those digital raspy 6 bit hihats are running through someone elses mixer.

Kinda like the feeling that I have when I think about my ex-girlfriend getting drilled by some other bloke. That shit hurts.......

So I'm keeping the Roland.

Disclaimer: "That's just my fucking opinion."

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             07-May-99  @  10:14 PM   -   RE: My TR-909 is pretty damn awesome!!!

pedicelli

Link?: Link

As stated in a previous message, I'm thinking of getting the ER-1 and will most probably buy it at the end of the month.

Questions though...can all knobs and buttons transmit MIDI? Can all aspect of the drum sounds be controlled like those of a 909 (attack, decay, tone, snappiness).....

Does the 16 step sequencer have a good feel? Select instrument, smack at the buttons, select another instrument, smack away...easy as that?

How is the sound compared to a real 909?

Message 3/6             07-May-99  @  10:53 PM   -   RE: My TR-909 is pretty damn awesome!!!

jcu3

I'm not sure if it transmits midi. I'll check my manaul.

AS far as the parameters on the voices go. It has decay, tone, waveform, output.... but no snappy or attack. Believe me though it's enough. It's a perfect match for a Prophecy, hell they look like each other.

The sequencer is the shit. It reminds me of my TR-606.....easy and very Robotic.
I've used non XoX drum machines a few times and hated every minute of it.

Contemplating to get the thing should not even be an issue Pedecilli. Go trade that MIDI controller in for it at your local gear shack TODAY!

Disclaimer:
Korg makes produkts today where Roland left off in the middle 80"s. That's not only my opinion, but the fucking truth!

Message 4/6             12-May-99  @  06:59 AM   -   RE: My TR-909 is pretty damn awesome!!!

tricki

Is it just me or does rebirth piss on the 909, 808, and the 303? I own all three, but I swear rebirth sounds better. I only use the 909 and 808 for mixdown cause of the individual outputs...but I won't even consider using the TB-303 in a mix. Too unreliable, dodgy sequencer, syncing is a pain. Hmm...love it still tho 

Message 5/6             12-May-99  @  06:51 PM   -   RE: My TR-909 is pretty damn awesome!!!

jcu3

Tricki, I am afraid to say that it's just you. "Too unreliable, dodgy sequencer, syncing is a pain."
.....that bogles my mind....

Too unreliable? Well, maybe you should tkae your 303 into a repair shop to see if it's working correctly. My droids are rock ass solid! Dodgy Sequencer? hardly, alot of people say that, but it's just like anything else. Have it be Cubase, a 777 or a 303, it will come if your persistant enough. And syncing? I'd question the reliability of your sync box, what kind do you have? I have the Doepfer MSY2 and it's balls tight! So, i'd say that I would have to disagree with you on this one. But isn't that with this discussion board is for? is to discuss gear and get others opinions?

BTW : you can always sell your stuff and buy an EG-101....hehehe (just kidding)

Message 6/6             13-May-99  @  07:46 AM   -   RE: My TR-909 is pretty damn awesome!!!

tricki

I'm using the 707 for syncing...and , sigh, yeah it prolly needs a repare cause the sequences aren't storing reliably enough. Sometimes I turn it on and all i get is this annoying rapid-fire bleep in `c' . I'm gonna have it devil fished soon so I'll get Robin to check it out for me. My real problem tho is I have been `spoiled' by rebirth and all its nice little bells and whistles...and I can't emulate the great number of songs I made on rebirth with my analogue gear. My friends all agree...even with similar kinda outboard fx stuff, the analogue stuff sounds inferior   Can't complain about teh 909 tho. Do i get any sympathy yet? )

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)