aaa Newbie - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Newbie

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             17-May-99  @  06:05 PM   -   Newbie

djmowax

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

hi there everyone out there,i'm a dj who started to produce breakbeat.Can anyone give me some suggestions, what kind of gear should i have.Now owns gears like roland jv1080,yamaha djx,cubase vst ,2 turns and a vestaxpro6 mixer.Hopping to get a drum machine and a sampler.can anyone advice.Thank

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             17-May-99  @  06:21 PM   -   RE: Newbie

pedichelli

EG-101 is da bomb.

Message 3/7             17-May-99  @  08:47 PM   -   RE: Newbie

pedicelli

Link?: Link

Well, looks like Mr. Prick Face has started up again with the impersonating...

Message 4/7             17-May-99  @  10:41 PM   -   RE: Newbie

planetalgon

I say sell the JV-1080 because they are plummeting in value. You would do better using that money for a sampler anyway. If your doing breakbeat or any loop based music for that matter then you should get all the memory you can. Check out the new Akai or Emu samplers. Sweetwater Sound can sell them to you all full of RAM. Dump the DJX and get yourself something analog for bass. The Novation Bass Station would be a good place to start. Cubase is perfect. Korg Electribe R is a good value for a drum machine. Your mixer should get you by for a year or two.

Message 5/7             17-May-99  @  11:53 PM   -   RE: Newbie

jcu3

Sell the Roland, and the Yamaha DJX thing. Then go purchase the Yamaha RM1X and the Korg Elektribe R, and then order a shit load of Doepfer MS-404 modules. A little micro Mackie and an EFX box or two would suffice. But it all depends what your trying to achieve, this would be the perfect set up for minimal Kraftwerky "bleep" tricked out Electro or IDM muzik. It's a really old school set up, but it's effective. But nothing else will sound like it. On the other hand you can keep the Cubase and buy some thin GM module with a Soundblaster Live card, a few virtual software synths and run Sonic Foundry's Acid with Rebirth or something. But don't come yelling at me with a bunch email if you pull all your hair out with
the brain damage, that you'll experiance with SYS EX and MIDI Control Messages and a bunch of hex/dex errors....alright?

Disclaimer: "that's just my Kling Klang Produkt opinion...."

Message 6/7             18-May-99  @  01:36 AM   -   RE: Newbie

planetalgon

BRAKEBEET NON STOP!

Message 7/7             18-May-99  @  04:20 AM   -   RE: Newbie

jcu3

DOEPFER : MUZIK ELEKTRONIK

IT"S MORE FUN TO KOMPUTE

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)