aaa Who needs a 303 when there's the FR-777 :) - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Who needs a 303 when there's the FR-777 :)

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             26-May-99  @  07:16 AM   -   Who needs a 303 when there's the FR-777 :)

Leviathant (mpd138

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Seriously! The FR-777 is $777, a good 300 less than your average
TB-303 price, it has filter input, syncs to MIDI, the sequencer is the
shit, it has 2 oscs, 2 sub oscs and noise, 3-pole AND 7-pole filter,
with filter and oscilator frequency modulation, did I mention the
kick ass sequencer? CV/Gate input and output, built in overdrive...
It's more than worth the 13-week wait, this box is a classic already!
I've got the 29th one made  

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             26-May-99  @  06:31 PM   -   RE: Who needs a 303 when there's the FR-777 :)

jcu3

Hey that's neat.....

You know I heard the EG-101 is pretty good too, try it with rust remover and dirty socks and bread, I hear it can perform alot better. You may be able to sound like John Tesh or Yanni!!!

(sigh),,,, SNORE.....

Message 3/10             26-May-99  @  07:27 PM   -   RE: Who needs a 303 when there's the FR-777 :)

pedicelli

Hey, no bad mouthing Yanni. I like his moustache and his pathetic speeches about world peace...

(and the fact he uses a Korg Trinity solely for piano....FUCK!!!)

Message 4/10             27-May-99  @  02:16 AM   -   RE: Who needs a 303 when there's the FR-777 :)

jcu3

Link?:  No link

I think he uses like 3 or 4 of those fuckers... I went to my parents house recently and they were watching one of his videos, and that Greek bloke had like 4 Trinitys piping out some rather descent shit out of him. Now if he could just get a TR-909, he just might end up sounding like Robert Miles or somethin..

Message 5/10             27-May-99  @  06:19 PM   -   RE: Who needs a 303 when there's the FR-777 :)

pedicelli

Hey, there's nothing wrong with Robert Miles...and in the FM issue, they said he had nothing but like an Akai and controller for the first album...

And plus, he's Italian!!  

Message 6/10             27-May-99  @  06:27 PM   -   RE: Who needs a 303 when there's the FR-777 :)

jcu3

I don't think there is anything wrong with him either. He's almost the one who really implemnted that genre. I meant, I don't purchase that Dream House Athem stuff, but it's quality stuff. I like it...

Message 7/10             28-May-99  @  04:07 AM   -   RE: Who needs a 303 when there's the FR-777 :)

circuit slave

Yanni? He's a poor man's Jean-Michel-Jarre. I saw that "Live at the Acropolis" on PBS. All that gear (especially that Emulator) and nothin' but John Tesh crap.

Message 8/10             28-May-99  @  04:23 AM   -   RE: Who needs a 303 when there's the FR-777 :)

jcu3

John Tesh is my biggest influence..

jk

Message 9/10             28-May-99  @  04:46 PM   -   RE: Who needs a 303 when there's the FR-777 :)

pedicelli

Hey, you guys, can you please stop hurting my feelings? You're bashing my greatest influences!!

I don't know what took him so long to quit Entertainment Tonight to pursue his music career....I cry when I listen to his music...

(not because it's beautiful but maybe because IT SUCKS ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Message 10/10             28-May-99  @  05:21 PM   -   RE: Who needs a 303 when there's the FR-777 :)

planet

I think that my biggest influences have diminished into nothing lately. I hear a lot of stuff that I like but no bands have me completely hooked. 13 years ago my biggest influences where right there in plain record sleeves: Gary Numan and Tangerine Dream.

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)