aaa BATTERIES - Interesting thought - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: BATTERIES - Interesting thought

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             10-Jun-99  @  07:15 PM   -   BATTERIES - Interesting thought

kilo

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I just read an article about how different batteries can make a unit sound different, cos different types of battery offer different internal-resistances to others... one guy reckoned he could tell if a unit was using duracell for example just by listening.... for fx pedals, for example, some manufacturers make their own to match their fx pedals.... wonder if the battery type effects the old 303 sound at all ??

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             11-Jun-99  @  06:35 PM   -   RE: BATTERIES - Interesting thought

Highly doubt it.

Message 3/6             11-Jun-99  @  09:25 PM   -   RE: BATTERIES - Interesting thought

jcraig

Yeah I 'm skeptical about that one too..
"for best results, use Casio brand batteries" or some shit. Sell some more of your brand name product...

Message 4/6             12-Jun-99  @  04:45 PM   -   RE: BATTERIES - Interesting thought

k

nope it's a fact... if you understand electronics... everything has a different internal resistance...

Message 5/6             12-Jun-99  @  05:42 PM   -   RE: BATTERIES - Interesting thought

pedicelli

Link?: Link

Very true that each battery has a different internal resistance, but I don't think that the differences are so great to make different changes. Plus..we're talking about internal resistance...it doesn't contribute as much as the actual resitance of the 303 board...

Message 6/6             12-Jun-99  @  07:43 PM   -   RE: BATTERIES - Interesting thought

jcu3

Link?: Link

If you want to fuck up the sound, just run the mother fucker under a lower votage. Say for instance it takes the AC 9-12 volts, well drop the voltage down to 3 or 6. Make sure you remove the batteries though...duh. Try it and post your results. I know you can buy a variable AC adapter and Rat Shack, that has the different settings. But fuck if I am gonna try it though! heh..

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)