aaa Rm1X not just a box to groovE!? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Rm1X not just a box to groovE!?

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             30-Jun-99  @  07:22 AM   -   Rm1X not just a box to groovE!?

Weesagonnadie

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Actually this box has okay sounds and a very good sequencer,

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             01-Jul-99  @  03:20 AM   -   RE: Rm1X not just a box to groovE!?

jcu3

How much brain damage is it to load MIDI files into the unit?

Also, does it truly have 16 step drum grid programming like an 606,808,909 for all 16 parts?

One more thing, is the arcitecture of the unit soo ass backward Yamaha?

Message 3/6             01-Jul-99  @  05:04 AM   -   RE: Rm1X not just a box to groovE!?

ReZo-99

Link?: Link

Good question. I hope it ain't made like the CS2x. I swear. Its like a fucking toy. I can't believe I actually bought it, well, tested it out for 30 days. Its on its way back to the store now. I just had the impression that is was a synth like the Nord or some type of virtual analoq synth. I guess, I'm going to get the JP-8000 or hopefully a Nord. Should I look into the RM1x or should I even bother with Yamaha's toys?

ReZo-99
High Society

Message 4/6             02-Jul-99  @  02:33 AM   -   RE: Rm1X not just a box to groovE!?

jcu3

Rezzo, here's the stuff on the Yami' shit. THe CS1X is PCM based 4mb of ROM. The CS2X is PCM based and is 16mb of ROM. The AN1X is the analogue modeling version of both of these. The CS1x has been discontinued, although I am sure a person could find a new one. The whole line is pure fluff to me. The RM1X has the same engine as the CS1X, but I hear the sequencer is fucking cool. But after demo-ing it twice now, it hasn't stoled my heart like I was hoping...

As far as 16 step sequencers are concerned there is nothing out there. There is the 2 Grooveboxes, the RM1X, the Schaltwerk by Doepfer and.....fuck that's about it. I would just get the Dopefer, because I love them so much, but that thing looks like you would have to have a PHD in German and MIDI. Seriously, it's mad! So I am frustrated beyond no tomorrow. I need a fly-ass 16 step sequencer right fucking now! I wish the MPC wasn't so ass backwards, that things seems cool, but I had it for a few months and couldn't get the thing to step like an X0X.... So I am toast for the moment.

Message 5/6             04-Jul-99  @  03:13 PM   -   RE: Rm1X not just a box to groovE!?

jcu3

I spent 3 hours with the RM1X yesterday with my music partner at The Guitar Center and I just about puked all over the RM1x. It sucked ass!

It's sooooo "ass backwards Yamaha" !!!

FUCK IT! I would not purchase this sequencer. It's a pain in the fucking ass to use, it makes no sence, the manual sucks, the layout and acrchitecture blows and the sounds are fucking thin and wack. This thing can just eat me. I really don't like this one, can you tell? heh

Serioulsy, not recommended ReZo-99.

Message 6/6             04-Jul-99  @  05:13 PM   -   RE: Rm1X not just a box to groovE!?

ReZo-99

Thanks. Ill take that into consideration.

ReZo-99

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)