aaa Future Retro 777 - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Future Retro 777

Viewing all 25 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

Original Message 1/25             11-Nov-99  @  03:18 PM   -   Future Retro 777

[bokonon]

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Why is it everyone is so concerned with TB-303's? I had the silver box for a while and the 777 takes everything that's worth half a shite from it and integrates it with modern technology, ya know like midi. check out www.futureretro.com for info on what is the last nail in the 303's coffin. (a less expensive nail i might add)

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/25             11-Nov-99  @  08:07 PM   -   RE: Future Retro 777

jcu3

If I was given one, I would sell it...

Tasteless machine. (fake klone)

There is nothing I can't do with a TB and Kaoss Pad. I have made some of the most SICK trax with those two. That 777 is neat, but I would feel embarrased to use it live.

Message 3/25             12-Nov-99  @  05:42 PM   -   RE: Future Retro 777

fat chance...........nope!

Nothing sounds like a 303. You buy a 303 for a 303. If you want "that" sound, it's all you can use. 777 sounds "like" it but, not exacly. You can make a 101 and 202 sound like a 303, but still.....it's not the same. Put any thing you think that sounds like a 303 in the same board and listen. Then post a reply back. End of story.

Message 4/25             23-Nov-99  @  04:46 PM   -   RE: Future Retro 777

oliver

The 777 is no match for a 303, yes it is a cool toy but to me anyway, it falls between 2 stools. i.e its not a full blown synth like the Waldorf Pulse or Minimoog and it's not a 303 clone like the TeeBee or MB33 (which in my opinion is THE best 303 clone). Run a 303 thru a Hafler distortion or whatever and watch the 777 run for cover!

Message 5/25             23-Nov-99  @  06:51 PM   -   RE: Future Retro 777

jcu3

no shit, thats what I said.

no need to reiterate, unelss you want to, heh.

Message 6/25             24-Nov-99  @  01:30 PM   -   RE: Future Retro 777

flat-e

Ok Bokonon if you still have your 303 I will swap it for 2 x FR777's

Message 7/25             25-Nov-99  @  04:52 PM   -   RE: Future Retro 777

Pongoid

Link?:  Link

Wow! Check you acid heds out!! used both, still want to see a devilfish in effect. Not into 303 too much, but occaionally, someone does something that's outa hand w/one.

Ape

Message 8/25             29-Nov-99  @  05:21 PM   -   RE: Future Retro 777

htek

The 777 is it's own machine. It does the 303 perfectly, but so what. You can't compare the 777 to a Mini-Moog. Not the same. Maybe a Pro-One or a Mono/Poly. The 777 is an awsome machine. JCU3, have even heard one in person? If not, then i wouldn't go putting it down. MP3s can't give it justice. And i use it live all the time. And sure as hell am not emabressed by it. I'm sure you wouldn't be either. If you actually heard one.
-Larry

Message 9/25             30-Nov-99  @  08:01 AM   -   RE: Future Retro 777

jcu3

Dude, or "computercontrolled" whatever. I couldn't give a rat's nuts what that thing does or doesn't do. That's like using a Jomox09 instead of a 909. Go for it! It probably does more, has more capabilities and just eats the 303/909 for breakfast, but whatever. That's like comparing a 2000 Mitsubishi model car with 4 wheel sterring, twin turbo or whater jap trix there are now making or driving a Mercedes(tb303). The Mitsubishi does more and has alot more bells and whistles, but if your into the real sound that has nostalgic written all over it, then there is NO option. You wouldn't catch me dead in a Mitsubishi or using 777 or Jomox (goofy machines). But you will easliy catch me smiling my harry arse off in an MB and 2 303's....(real and original. Closer to the point, I would never use Vestex or Gemini turntables, verses 1200's. (That's if I spun). No matter how many fruity colors they paint those turntables and modifications they "try" to implement, your still going to look like a puss...

I've always persued what fits for me.

Message 10/25             01-Dec-99  @  09:22 PM   -   RE: Future Retro 777

pp

the 777 sucks, it's for gay kids

Message 11/25             06-Dec-99  @  02:29 AM   -   RE: Future Retro 777

htek

Just so you know, the 777 is 100% analogue. And it's not trying to be anything but it's self. Dissing it is like dissing the 303. Also, the Jomox is also an analogue machine. Just the 909. The cymbols are samples. As are the claps i believe. Although those are analogue on the 909=0) I agree about if you want a particualr sound, then use the real thing. I would never use a sampler for any 909 or 808 sounds. BUT, the Drum Station is a great alternative for those on a budget. But for you & I, nothing will beat the original. I would never use the 777 as a TB-303 clone. I already have a 303. So i use the 777 for odd & harsh sync sounds. But some people can't afford a 303, so the 777 is there. It sounds exactly like it. For some, that's all they need. Whatever. No use getting all hell bent militant over it.
-Larry

Message 12/25             06-Dec-99  @  02:59 AM   -   RE: Future Retro 777

jcu3

I am not. I think I overloaded on sugar and cafeein and sugar that day...

But I am sure the 777 can be very useful in a lot of situations.

peace

Message 13/25             06-Dec-99  @  10:41 PM   -   RE: Future Retro 777

Jason

The 777 is as real as a 303 except it doesnt look like a 303. It gives more and cost less. I see the reason why you people are so offended is because you spend more money on a silver piece of crap and now you see a clone that does much more for less. Not just a clone its also original. But then I cant tell you any different. Hey I bet even if Future Retro made a 303 clone that looks just like a 303 YOU still wont buy it cus it doesnt say Roland on it. Names are names Big deal.

Message 14/25             07-Dec-99  @  02:45 PM   -   RE: Future Retro 777

Hey Jason.

the first day I ever heard of techno, I was instantly in love. It was years ago. And the first was a thing called plastikman. He always used this "sound" I couldn't get over. Every time I heard that "noise" I melted. A few years passed and I started to dj, playing techno. And still looking for tracks with the "noise". Well years passed and I finally found out it was a machine called a "303". I said, whatever it is I want one. So I started searching on the net about 3 years ago. I found all this crazy info and found there is a bunch of us 303 feins. So I found one about 4 hours away from me, I never touched one, only seen them. When I finally grabed on to that knob. It was the best feeling. This was the "noise". I never used any synths/drum machines in my life. So I started to learn how to program this thing. I learned it inside and out. I know how every single thing in it works and why. Now, to me I learned how to program the 303, and it's the only way I know how to get the lines I need. I understand the sequencer, the slides, up's down's.......everything. Now, if you gave me a different machine, saying make a good line. I wouldn't have a clue, the 303 is me. It's the way I program, take it away from me, and I'm a lost boy. I will never in my life use another machine for the acid sound in my life. Thanks for reading.

Message 15/25             08-Dec-99  @  12:30 AM   -   RE: Future Retro 777

jcu3

JASON

Your words:

" I see the reason why you people are so offended is because you spend more money on a silver piece of crap and now you see a clone that does much more for less. Not just a clone its also original. But then I cant tell you any different. Hey I bet even if Future Retro made a 303 clone that looks just like a 303 YOU still wont buy it cus it doesnt say Roland on it. Names are names Big deal. "

Geez , let me educate you on somethin Jason. What drives people to do anything in this life? What one thing has more effect on you and me and everyone else, more than anything else? EMOTION. That is the one thing that gets people to do what they do and not do. From, making acid muzik, to running a marathon, to getting woman, to doing crack! no matter whatever it is. It's root will always be our emotions. What made you take action to save the funds and purchase that 777? Emotion,

So most people here on and off the board pay large sums of money and delete almost all other capable synths, because they feel very passionate about their silver boxes. It's what drives all of us. To do, or not to do, is always comes down to emotion.

And when I look at the 777, I feel nothing. I think it may useful as another box with 16 steps and it's mono synth engine, but it doesn't make me get up and move and take massive action to acquire the thing, regardless of its features and advantages over "silver pieces of crap".

I also think that once you make that distinction about the people here, you'll get along better, and possibly with other people off the board as well.....

James

Message 16/25             08-Dec-99  @  03:13 AM   -   RE: Future Retro 777

Maarten

Link?:  Link

Well said James.

Message 17/25             08-Dec-99  @  11:43 PM   -   RE: Future Retro 777

htek

Yes, well put=0) The 303 is the 303, the 777 is the 777. I hardly agree the 303 is a peice of crap. Far from it. Hell, i spent $850 on that little plastic box, & don't regret it at all. If you (Jason) have anything against the 303, why are you on this board? I know there are retards that come here & cause trouble, but i don't think you're one of them=0) Now i say we ditch the 777 threat & talk about our favorite buddy, the 303. Anyone put any cool colored LEDs in theirs?
-Larry

Message 18/25             09-Dec-99  @  12:04 AM   -   RE: Future Retro 777

technician

I've seen a 303 that had all different coloured lights. But talking to robin whittle. (devil fish mods), he said that blue leds drain more power than a red one. So he doesn't trust putting in different colored lights. Each of the different colors drain different power. So you may be sucking out of the main engine? Or be putting to much energy into the tone generator?? So I suggest not to do this. Because that man knows his shit. Anyway, hope that helps.

Message 19/25             09-Dec-99  @  04:53 AM   -   RE: Future Retro 777

jcu3

Robin is on crack. I just got mine done a couple of months ago. My 606 too. They are both working at optimal performance and look so fricken sexy, it's not even funny. I respect his devil fishness, but he knows all dick about LED's. Like I said, the only drawback is the underwear I soil everytime I turn them on. My website will be up again shortly, and you can seem them there.

James

Message 20/25             09-Dec-99  @  07:16 PM   -   RE: Future Retro 777

11 fricken years!

Plastikman! He's a new boy  (2nd wave) The very first record I heard with the magic sound (in the acid style)was Bam Bam's "Give it to me" in 1988.

The LED's can be changed without any problems whatsoever, as long as you use the correct voltage. There are never more than a few alight at any one time so the slight differences in current would be negligable. Also Robin does do LED mod's, check his website for info.

Message 21/25             13-Dec-99  @  11:13 AM   -   RE: Future Retro 777

Hey 11 fricken years.........
Sorry I wan't listening to acid music when I was 9 years old. I'm only 20. Chill out.

Message 22/25             14-Dec-99  @  03:18 PM   -   RE: Future Retro 777

jcraig

what the hell, kid, do you live in a vacuum or something? hell I bought my first 303 when they came out with money from my paper route...I was 8 years old at the time.

Naw, I've had it just over a year and didn't know what one was until 1994. And I got raped buying it...but whatever. I wasn't about to wait for a bargain, just saw one for sale and figured I'd better act right away. I could have shopped wiser, but oh well, I can always get my money back (despite what some will tell you prices ain't dropping.) As for clones, the only similar piece I played with was a keyboard basstation...an ok synth, but 303 for me, thanks. Weeeoouuwwwoiiiii.........and so forth.

Message 23/25             28-Dec-99  @  01:57 PM   -   RE: Future Retro 777

gijody1

why bother pitting one piece of gear against the other.
i have a tb 303 AND a fr 777, together i use them with my 909 to kick ass. i figure you never can have too many guns.
i wouldn't trade my three 0 three for anything tho, its kinda like a piece of rave culture to me.

Message 24/25             28-Dec-99  @  01:57 PM   -   RE: Future Retro 777

gijody1

why bother pitting one piece of gear against the other.
i have a tb 303 AND a fr 777, together i use them with my 909 to kick ass. i figure you never can have too many guns.
i wouldn't trade my three 0 three for anything tho, its kinda like a piece of rave culture to me.

Message 25/25             13-Jan-00  @  07:44 PM   -   RE: Future Retro 777

ReZo-99

Link?: Link

I finally updated my FutureRetro section on my website...some what anyway. If you have any reviews, pics, patches, or audio samples of the 777, send them to me and I'll post them on my site.

Peace.

ReZo-99
High Society

Viewing all 25 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

There are 25 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)