aaa Syncing TB-303 with SH-101 - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Syncing TB-303 with SH-101

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             24-Nov-99  @  01:58 AM   -   Syncing TB-303 with SH-101

mark

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

How in fucks do you sync the SH101 to the TB without making the SH101 play the tune of the 30, and how do you do it without changing the sequence the way you saved it on the sh101. also who has one of those spreadsheets for 'backing up' patterns on the sh101. ive got one for the 30.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             24-Nov-99  @  07:50 AM   -   RE: Syncing TB-303 with SH-101

jcu3

It's impossible without a "clock" that I know of. I give the 101 a constant trigger from the trigger out on my 606 on the hi/low tom. If I give it 4 ticks per bar, the 101 locks up perfectly. This has been effective for me, but maybe some others users pull it off differently, even though I doubt that it can be done differently.

good luck

J

Message 3/5             24-Nov-99  @  09:26 AM   -   RE: Syncing TB-303 with SH-101

mew

You can use the gate from the 303 as a trigger but if it also can be used as a clock for the sequencer of the 101, I don't know, try it!

Michel

Message 4/5             26-Nov-99  @  01:33 AM   -   RE: Syncing TB-303 with SH-101

mark

To all those who replied, I thank you. However, you have not helped me and I just wanted to let you know that I figured it out about five minutes after starting this forum. What you do is:
- make your own cable with a small headphone jack (mono I think) on one end, and a 1/4 inch mono jack at the other end. you will need a soldering iron.
-use your new lead to send the gate signal from the 303 to the 'Ext clock in' jack on the SH101. if you have arpeggio or the sequencer playing, then the sh101 will sync to the clock of the 303.

wallah. now you can do more weird shit to your eardrums - look after them though, mine are ringing now and ive heard that it doesnt go away. but fuck, its well worth it.

Message 5/5             29-Nov-99  @  05:15 PM   -   RE: Syncing TB-303 with SH-101

htek

You don't need to make 1/8" to 1/4" cables. They are readily available.

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)