aaa knob replacement - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: knob replacement

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             29-Nov-99  @  06:05 AM   -   knob replacement

dan

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

anyone know if a certified technician could change the pots on a TB-303??? Would roland still have the original pots? Would it sound the same?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             29-Nov-99  @  03:02 PM   -   RE: knob replacement

k

well, none of them 'sound the same' exactly.. anyways - alot are subtly different.. ask roland about the parts... hang on... this lot do repairs: http://www.cadvision.com/ranaud/

also, search the Dancetech newspage for an article on MITAC posted about 90 days ago or so ... all that i guess is stateside

Message 3/4             29-Nov-99  @  05:02 PM   -   RE: knob replacement

htek

Well, i don't think Roland stocks the pots anymore. They are a Mauser pot. Not sure of the part number. But they ARE hard to get. Anyone skilled in electronics should be able to desolder the old one & put the new one in. I had a friend replace a switch on my 909.
-Larry

Message 4/4             29-Nov-99  @  06:32 PM   -   RE: knob replacement

i3k

The 303 pots are made by a japanese company called Alps, they are long discontinued and to my knowledge Roland have none left. However you can use pretty much any other pot as long as you can get it to fit, it will NOT change the sound as long as you use the correct value. The resonance one is the hardest to match as this is a dual pot.

Hope this helps.

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)