aaa the Mighty TeeBee - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: the Mighty TeeBee

Viewing all 17 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/17             05-Mar-00  @  12:59 PM   -   the Mighty TeeBee

druma

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

alot of folks say its sonicly superior than the real thing! I'm thinking of picking one up..., and from listening 2 the audio on the web it does sound extreamly close to the original, any thoughts/experiance tb-heads..

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/17             06-Mar-00  @  12:15 AM   -   RE: the Mighty TeeBee

ReZo

This is the Syntecno TeeBee, right?

Man, I've messed with one of these and I have to admit that it is truly under-rated. It does a really good 303. The accent is closer to the 303 than the 777 is, all though I love my 777 to death. Any note played with the velocity over 100 on the sequencer that your using triggers the accent. It sounds exactly like the TBS-303 which is the best hardware clone without a sequencer out there. If you can find one out there for a cool ass price, you should snatch it up. I was really blown away with its emulation. You can also get some non 303 sounds with the ring mod feature. (I forgot...it is the ring mod...no?) I have a TB-303 and a 777 and I would like another 303 but I'd snatch up a TeeBee or a TBS-303 in a second cause the price is right and the sound is amazingly close.

ReZo-99

Message 3/17             06-Mar-00  @  05:54 AM   -   RE: the Mighty TeeBee

Maarten

Link?:  Link

About 600 Dutch guilders ,+/- $300

-M-

Message 4/17             06-Mar-00  @  01:22 PM   -   RE: the Mighty TeeBee

druma

Rezo thanks for the feedback, there was a dude selling a few for $425 on harmonycetral,..the TBS wasn't mass produced was it? long waiting list right? does tbs have midi? I'll might look into that always good 2 have a 2nd choice.. 3o3 & 777 hooo dude u must love your sound  , Maarten 3oo!!! hook a fellow acid head up...man if u have a link to a store/place that has the teebee for $3oo, well then I alredy have one  

Message 5/17             06-Mar-00  @  08:23 PM   -   RE: the Mighty TeeBee

ReZo

Link?: Link

No problem.

About the TBS, yeah it has MIDI. Its MIDI controlled. Theres no sequencer = (

And about the list...yes...a super long list and no, they are not mass produced. I talked to Daniel, the creator, and I was added to the waiting list for one about 2 years ago and I never heard anything back.

Another clone that sounds very good too is the TB-303 Pro. Its almost the same thing as the TBS. I was even impressed by the TB-3030. If I win the Lotto, I'll snatch one, maybe 2, up!

ReZo-99
High Society

Message 6/17             06-Mar-00  @  09:00 PM   -   RE: the Mighty TeeBee

adams04

I got mine from Paris s/h last year,its wicked!!!!!!
Play it from a keyboard thats velocity sensitive,to get that real squelch and slide.
Yeah,the Korg filter gives it a lead sound,but you,d probably need to double it with another source to get a really phatt harmonic sound for fiffs etc.
Haven,t figured what i could send thru it in terms of external other gear.Its a mono jack in.My XP10 is stereo.

Mail me or go to the Syntecno site for more info.

Peace Guruzoo.

Message 7/17             07-Mar-00  @  03:32 AM   -   RE: the Mighty TeeBee

Kilo

The teebee is for girls.

Message 8/17             07-Mar-00  @  04:07 AM   -   RE: the Mighty TeeBee

Maarten

Link?:  Link

Correct me if I'm wrong , but I thought you liked the TeeBee Kilo?
Druma , a mate 'o mine bought it new for this price,I'll give him a call as to where he got it and let you know tommorrow.

-M-

Message 9/17             07-Mar-00  @  06:49 AM   -   RE: the Mighty TeeBee

adams04

Hmm,hadn,t thought of the sexual aspect of my Teebee .
Is it the color -bright yellow that you object to?
Price was 350 squid.
Anyhow,i read your review here ages ago,so i know you like it.Just hard to get?

Cheers Guruzoo.

Message 10/17             07-Mar-00  @  12:28 PM   -   RE: the Mighty TeeBee

druma

"The teebee is for girls" hahaha..very funny   .. Maarten thank u for your effort, I'll look out for your reply, adam u wouln't b intrested in selling the TeeBee would ya hehe.. I can't seam to find any retailers...aslo anyone driven a MAB-303, I tought it sounnded nicer that the TeeBee judging from the audio on the web, more carachter hmmmm...

Message 11/17             07-Mar-00  @  01:55 PM   -   RE: the Mighty TeeBee

adams04

try Emailing Robbie at Syntecno.
I don,t want to sell .Now i got a dedicated 303,don,t have to think about that anymore.
Compare that MAM in terms of hands on control i would.7 knobs on the Teebee.

Good luck.Guruzoo.

Message 12/17             07-Mar-00  @  04:38 PM   -   RE: the Mighty TeeBee

Teebee

www.wusstech.com is blowing the Teebee unit out for 69 pounds with PSU and manual.

Message 13/17             07-Mar-00  @  06:26 PM   -   RE: the Mighty TeeBee

oldskool

The MAM MB33 is probably closer at true TB sounds than the Syntechno unit - The TeeBee is very overpriced, yes it has great build quality but compared to most other clones it's a rip off. Check out the MB33 or the Freebass they are about a third of the price and IMHO more authentic. To be honest if you are going to buy a TeeBee you may as well put a little bit more and get a real Roland TB303. Sorry if I sound negative, the TeeBee is a great synth but just too expensive for what you get.

Message 14/17             07-Mar-00  @  06:37 PM   -   RE: the Mighty TeeBee

Teebee Machine

http://www.wusstech.com has the MAM MB33 for $59.99 USD on blow out prices. Get them while there hot!!

Message 15/17             10-Mar-00  @  06:48 PM   -   RE: the Mighty TeeBee

druma

anyone up to buy a TeeBee in US/CAN, they cost $425! plese email me at daftcomand@hotmail.com for further info..

Message 16/17             11-Mar-00  @  12:45 AM   -   RE: the Mighty TeeBee

druma

actually all info is at:
http://hometown.aol.com/reselect44/myhomepage/index.html

Message 17/17             30-Mar-00  @  03:03 AM   -   RE: the Mighty TeeBee

anthonydl

Hey, what is wusstech.com?
my computer can't find it. I bought a TeeBee from Connie of TeeBee while he was here in LA... i think it sounds thin and sucks. But it does have cv control, which is nice. I just wish things like seq-303 worked for it, but seq-303 has some special footnote why the slide doesn't work controller wise or something. Syntecno should just invent their own sequencing program and everyone would be happy.

Viewing all 17 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 17 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)