aaa Hello? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

23-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Hello?

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             25-Mar-00  @  03:59 PM   -   Hello?

trevor

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

What's with everyone... this board seems very quiet lately. Maybe everyone is bored with insulting each other, or something.

By the way, I am hopefully getting a TB303 from someone in Japan. He tells me that the pitch mode is faulty, but it is still possible to write patterns. I can repair any fault no problem, but I am just curious.... exactly *how* would you write patterns without the pitchmode? Is it possible? I've not used a real 303 before so I would not know.

Cheers for now,

Trev

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             25-Mar-00  @  05:01 PM   -   RE: Hello?

oldskool

Link?:  No link

Presumably he means that you can change the timing but not the pitch, eg rewrite the time mode thus giving a new pattern?

The fault is probably the pitch mode button not working due to dust, this can be cured by ordering a new one from Roland, part# 13129715 I think they are about 24p each. While you've got it open you may aswell replace the lot and make a dustguard, as these Alps switches are notorious for failing. Hope this helps.

Message 3/10             25-Mar-00  @  05:02 PM   -   RE: Hello?

k

pitch mode is to tap out pattern in realtime if i remember right.. as opposed to step sequencing the pattern - sorry, sold mine over 7 years ago - bit hazy on that...

Message 4/10             26-Mar-00  @  07:35 AM   -   RE: Hello?

trevor

Link?:  Link

Yeah, I want to make an order from Roland soon to get some parts for my new TR909 clone I am building. I could order those buttons in the meantime. I do understand that it has been battered around a bit; it is going to need a bit of work done to it. Faulty buttons are very likely, yes. I might well replace the whole lot.

When I play around with Rebirth, it is possible to enter patterns when not in pitchmode... but I know that Rebirth is very different (well, the sequencer is).

Still.... he's sent it, so hopefully in a week's time I'll be a proud owner of a 303 at last ... :-)

Trev

Message 5/10             26-Mar-00  @  11:57 AM   -   RE: Hello?

oldskool

K, yes you do remember correctly but also pitch mode is used to enter notes while the sequencer is stopped, when you press pitch mode in pattern write while the seq is running it is like the tap mode that you remember.

Message 6/10             27-Mar-00  @  05:10 AM   -   RE: Hello?

Maarten

Hey! watta ya know! "normal" talk, thought it would never happen again  
Congrats Trev!

-M-

Message 7/10             27-Mar-00  @  11:35 AM   -   RE: Hello?

funky house

Your love is my guiding light, that sees me right, and don'tchou know!

Message 8/10             28-Mar-00  @  04:34 AM   -   RE: Hello?

trevor

Link?: Link

Heh heh.. sssshh...! See how long it lasts for :-)

Ohmygod the days are passing by too slowly... how long does a parcel take to come from Japan??!

Trev

Message 9/10             28-Mar-00  @  05:17 AM   -   RE: Hello?

Maarten

Depends...I beleive Einstein had this theory for "bending" the universe in order to overlap great distances in a small step.... But don't bet on it.

-M-

Message 10/10             29-Mar-00  @  04:06 PM   -   RE: Hello?

Trev

The only thing Parcel Force ever bend are my bloody parcels...

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)