aaa 303 sequencer question for you all - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: 303 sequencer question for you all

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             02-Apr-00  @  03:40 PM   -   303 sequencer question for you all

james

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I dont mean to sound like an idiot, but how does the sequencer on rebirth compare to the real 303 ? d

mainly what i want to know is can you set it to like only 5 steps etc, like on rebirth, or do you need to program 16 steps in each time ?

i really like being able to cut the last few steps off a pattern i make, sometimes i can come up with something alot nicer doing that

i would love to have the real 303 though, but i hope it can funtion like that

thanks

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             02-Apr-00  @  03:43 PM   -   RE: 303 sequencer question for you all

james

oh, forgot something else, does a real 303 slide the same as rebirth ? like the slide from a "ghostnote" i think its called ?

I had a fr777 for a while, and didnt find its slides sounding much like rebirth, but maybe rebirth is wrong.

I didnt think the fr777 sounded like a 303 at all either, square wave wasnt hollow at all, the filter seemed more like a 24db, to close to self osc, than the real 18db 2pole, envelopes didnt respond the same, etc, not a bad unit, but not 303 like i dont think

Message 3/9             02-Apr-00  @  03:45 PM   -   RE: 303 sequencer question for you all

keith wells

Link?: Link

OFF TOPIC, BUT DIDNT WANT TO START A NEW THREAD.....SO..

any of you figured out that pump panel track from Blade ? i try to program it but always sounds wack

maybe someone wants to post their interpreatation here ?

laters

Message 4/9             02-Apr-00  @  05:39 PM   -   RE: 303 sequencer question for you all

pedicelli

Link?:  Link

Rezo-99 sequenced it a long time ago, ask him.

Message 5/9             02-Apr-00  @  06:12 PM   -   RE: 303 sequencer question for you all

keith wells

i actually tried to contact rezo but the email address he gave didnt work

rezo ?

Message 6/9             03-Apr-00  @  04:19 AM   -   RE: 303 sequencer question for you all

trevor

I've played with Rebirth for a while and now just got a TB303. Having used Rebirth for a while I expected to be able to use the 303 straight away... not in hell!

Rebirth *sounds* very much the same [though I don't want to argue this point, I know it is a matter of opinion, and I don't wish to start this argument again!] BUT it is very different in the way that you operate the sequencer.

I would say that the only similarity between Rebirth's control layout and the TB303 is that it looks the same. Rebirth is so much easier to use; the way that you can enter notes, accents and slides at the same time, and freely go back and forth through the steps using step/back buttons and so on.

I'd say that there's nothing that you can do on Rebirth's sequencer that you can't do on a real 303 - only the TB303's sequencer is a bit of a bastard at first when you're used to Rebirth!
I'm getting used to it already tho'..

Message 7/9             03-Apr-00  @  12:14 PM   -   RE: 303 sequencer question for you all

pedicelli

Link?:  Link

I've only had my TB-303 for a few days now, and I got used to the sequencer fairly easy. I too was using ReBirth for the longest time. The trick is to have a piece of paper and pen nearby to keep track of the step your own, and also to back up your pattern.

Message 8/9             03-Apr-00  @  09:12 PM   -   RE: 303 sequencer question for you all

pedicelli

...the step your ON, tabarnak......

Message 9/9             03-Apr-00  @  09:12 PM   -   RE: 303 sequencer question for you all

pedicelli

...the step you're ON, tabarnak......

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)