aaa Boss Distortion and other effects pedals - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Boss Distortion and other effects pedals

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             09-Apr-00  @  03:31 PM   -   Boss Distortion and other effects pedals

pedicelli

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I need some effects for my 303....been considering the Boss Metal Zone and the Over Drive / Distortion OS-2. I need the kind of disortion/overdrive for trance stuff as well something for some really hard acid (the Metal Zone can do that, I know....).

Also looking into a delay pedal. But what I've also been considering is the Korg Kaos pad. Wonder if that would be better.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             09-Apr-00  @  07:23 PM   -   RE: Boss Distortion and other effects pedals

mrfabulous303

Link?:  No link

why would it?

Message 3/8             10-Apr-00  @  09:57 AM   -   RE: Boss Distortion and other effects pedals

Maarten

Link?:  Link

I've got the Boss turbo-Overdrive OD-2R
and the Turbo-distortion pedal ,I found last mentioned sounded way better than the Metal-zone...how to explain?,=>more raw , I remember the MZ making the sound faint sooner as you raise the cut-off.As for delay , I was thinking of that myself but came to the conclusion you'd probably be better off with a multi-FX rack due to the prices I've seen for delay pedals!

greetings, -M-

Message 4/8             10-Apr-00  @  01:26 PM   -   RE: Boss Distortion and other effects pedals

k

the RAT .. (not the RAT2) - that is one ruff pedal - also a cry-baby makes an instant foot controllable sweep filter - yum

Message 5/8             10-Apr-00  @  03:19 PM   -   RE: Boss Distortion and other effects pedals

R

I've got the Boss Overdrive/Distortion OS-2 and the Xtortion XT-2.

The Xtortion is my favourite one. It sounds absolutely cool when using the saw waveform. And the Punch-control produces a very squelchy sound. Try it.

I was a bit disappointed when I've heard the OS-2 for the first time after having used the XT-2 some months. When you set it to pure overdrive it sounds a bit muddy and when you tweak it to pure distortion it sounds a kind of buzzy (I guess that's characteristic for these effects . But when you set the Color-knob to 12 o'clock (i.e. you mix both overdrive and distortion signals) you get THE standard 303 overdrive you've ever searched for.

But what's more important: Always try FX-pedals before buying them.

Message 6/8             10-Apr-00  @  04:16 PM   -   RE: Boss Distortion and other effects pedals

trevor

Hmmm... well, the owner of my local music shop is itching to have a go on my tb303... maybe I can get to try out all the distortion pedals he has in stock at the same time ;-)

Trev

Message 7/8             10-Apr-00  @  09:22 PM   -   RE: Boss Distortion and other effects pedals

pedicelli

Link?: Link

Well, I'm defintely gonna have to try them out...but that Boss Distortion/Over Drive OS-2 pedal seems to be a good buy since it combines both effects.

Message 8/8             10-Apr-00  @  10:01 PM   -   RE: Boss Distortion and other effects pedals

schultzmark

Well I use the Behringer Virtualiser DSP-100 24 bit effects rack. Picked it up for Australian $350. When I use the DSP with heaps ( I mean heaps) of reverb, and combine with the trim (pre gain) on my mixer at full level (this gives free and awesome distortion) and the 303 volume at full level and tuned low with heaps of bass, and saw tooth wave on the 30, the 303 sounds like the most twisted evil thing you ever heard. combine that with a spooky drum beat and you will probably end up in an asylum!

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)