aaa Basic guts question. - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

22-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Basic guts question.

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             12-Apr-00  @  05:12 AM   -   Basic guts question.

Maarten

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

I own one for nearly a year now .I'm a bit (actually very) scared to open the box up. So my question is ; Could I adjust the resonance inside , bring it up a bit more? If so this probably is a simple procedure to most of you .But I'm not so technicaly gifted (please keep that in mind).
Thanks, -M-

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             12-Apr-00  @  05:40 PM   -   RE: Basic guts question.

Sorry couldn't resist!

Link?:  No link

Okay Maarten, here's the basics:
When opening the unit up locate the hydronium capacitators ( these are just to the left of the multi-phasic dual bonded quantum dilaters) now take a double sided harmonic regenerator and VERY CAREFULLY modulate the lower registers of each pair, this should, if done correctly yield a 12% increase in the resonance. If you require more resonance than this you could try altering the sub audio matrix array with a 7 hectobar vertical resitode, it can get a little to hectic at such extreme settings but to compensate for this I recommend fitting a low loss thyronic compensator. I can send you a circuit diagram if you wish ;)

Actually there is no easy adjustment to make to increase the resonance of the 303, it can be done with some changing of components but to be honest it isn't really worth it. The effect that you may be refering to is normally acheieved with distortion and EQ (that is, an increased perspective of resonance) I can recommend increasing TM3 to give a higher cutoff point.(great for that watery, birdlike sound)

Keep smiling  

Message 3/4             13-Apr-00  @  04:34 AM   -   RE: Basic guts question.

trevor

Nah, mate. You just need to replace the dilithium crystal ;-)

Seriously though, I was playing with Rebirth the other night and discovered that it you can crank the resonance up higher than on my TB303. Of course, Rebirth is just a bunch of algorithms - but my understanding was that it's supposed to be a very good simulation.

I guess that, to increase the resonance, you would just need to replace a resistor value or something in the feedback path - this could possibly be quite simple.

Trev

Message 4/4             13-Apr-00  @  06:03 AM   -   RE: Basic guts question.

Maarten

Thanks for the effort   ,but I do think I'm gonna look up some diagrams for visual explination , I wanna be 100%
clear and understanding of what I might do , otherwise I don't feel it's worth taking the chance of killing my little baby.

thanks again,
-M-

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)