aaa After a very long time at last! - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: After a very long time at last!

Viewing all 13 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/13             22-Mar-01  @  02:33 PM   -   After a very long time at last!

Maarten Visser

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I've finally come round to uploading some tracks, made a commitment to myself to do this as soon as the new DT was on the air. Soooo, a few tracks still need some fine-tuning. (loud bass) But, by all means let me know what ya think, I'm hoping to recieve some critique from certain people... we'll see  Don't be too hard on me though...

-M-

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/13             22-Mar-01  @  02:57 PM   -   RE: After a very long time at last!

Maarten Visser

Damn, just listened back to 'Neue Transistor Bass', that sonar sound is dominating the track all over ...irritating, will adjust and edit tommorow.

Message 3/13             22-Mar-01  @  03:20 PM   -   RE: After a very long time at last!

Frostbyte

Link?:  Link

that neue TB track, liked it man, nice trashy stuff, edgy. I like the piercing sound, but yeah, maybe bring it down a likkle bit and beef up the drums. I need an obvious in my face thud, it's longing for it, my taste tho'. Maybe layer the top end character of a leveling kick, droping the body. Your bass end is a bit cluttered, try to sort that out. Take all of this with a grain of salt tho', I'm no friggin' expert. really liked the track, aural aggro, nice stuff. I'll leave it to them now  

Message 4/13             23-Mar-01  @  04:08 PM   -   RE: After a very long time at last!

Maarten Visser

I posted the adjusted version, thanks Frostbyte.

-M-

Message 5/13             24-Mar-01  @  10:49 PM   -   RE: After a very long time at last!

sitar

I tried listening. All but Amphib gave me an error. Don't know why. It seems others can listen. And I couldn't really listen to Amphib because it needed to keep rebuffering. Bit rate is too high for it to stream through my 56k modem  

Message 6/13             20-Apr-01  @  07:33 PM   -   RE: After a very long time at last!

Boxwell

You've hit the nail on the head with the bass, it's cluttered in the mix. It's fuckin frantic stuff but I'm sure I've been jumping about off me nut to something similar!

Message 7/13             20-Apr-01  @  08:41 PM   -   RE: After a very long time at last!

influx

a FEW TRACKS? jesus!!!! I guess kilo wasnt shittin when he said theres plenty of room for all of us 

sad thing is I couldnt get a single one to play. odd.

STILL HAVIN THAT LOGIN PROBLEM!!! blech

Message 8/13             20-Apr-01  @  09:05 PM   -   RE: After a very long time at last!

k

excuses excuses... nowadays having proper intenet stuff sorted is as important to your music work as having a good synth - worth thinking about.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 9/13             20-Apr-01  @  09:39 PM   -   RE: After a very long time at last!

influx

aww cut it out, man. its not like my internet setup is all fucked up or something. funny how its just HERE it doesnt work?

of course..it must just be because Im an idiot and am doing something wrong 

Message 10/13             21-Apr-01  @  12:12 AM   -   RE: After a very long time at last!

Silver

Link?:  No link

i really like red cat and engine, very energetic and the mix sounds pretty good to me.

Message 11/13             21-Apr-01  @  01:08 AM   -   RE: After a very long time at last!

PointBeing

why so quiet?

Message 12/13             21-Apr-01  @  01:08 AM   -   RE: After a very long time at last!

PointBeing

why so quiet?oh yea, am talking about 1st on acid, then off again.. the mix stays really quiet the whole time.. not just the beginning.. sup with that? i like the 303 stuff you did

Message 13/13             23-Apr-01  @  09:59 AM   -   RE: After a very long time at last!

Maarten

Gee, thanks all for having a try again. I'm aware that a few tracks need more tuning in the mix. To be hounest, I have another 5-7 tracks ready for upload when there is more space. By that time I'm gonna replace two or three that I'm not so content about yet... too lazy this week ;).The track you're refering to was a lil 303 experiment, something I wanted to keep minimal with regard to the drums...if that's what you're getting at....

Influx, I havnt been sitting still the last three years visiting DT... just never came about to post anything on mp3.cum  

PB, took another listen and agree that it needs some more spice starting in the middle.

Thanks again all,

-M-

Viewing all 13 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)