aaa k , some help please? - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: k , some help please?

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             17-Apr-01  @  01:23 PM   -   k , some help please?

Boxwell

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I've been having trouble uploading my song to the website. I've made sure it is small enough, I've even taken it down to 11kHz sample rate with. The problem may be with the bitrate. It's still at 16 cos my Cubase doesn't seem to want to export it as 8 bit. I tried using MusicMatch Jukebox to convert it but it always seems to turn it into 44.1. It's doing my napper in, so to speak.

Any help greatly appreciated

Graeme
(if it uploads successfully, should we be able to access it straight away?)

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             17-Apr-01  @  03:23 PM   -   RE: k , some help please?

k

the bitrate is irrelevent to uploading, we just ask for 22.050 24kbit/second cos it is easiest for our server for streaming whilst offering the commonest protocol everyone can use and better sound quality than equivilent RA file at the similar bandwidth.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/6             17-Apr-01  @  06:52 PM   -   RE: k , some help please?

Boxwell

Thanks k, I've managed to get that tune uploaded now. I find that when I play it that it jumps the whole time. It also happened when I tried one of sitar's (but I didn't know what to expect from him and thought it might be part of the tune!!) Is it my player or just a downside of getting somewhere to host tracks?
If you fancy giving constructive criticism, it would be very much appreciated.

Message 4/6             17-Apr-01  @  07:16 PM   -   RE: k , some help please?

k

yeah, hippy-hop mate   plays ok for me, i assume all those weird rumblings etc are synth weirditty yes?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/6             17-Apr-01  @  09:53 PM   -   RE: k , some help please?

Boxwell

Just some sample free with a magazine that has been played with and timestretched.

I'm using the windows media player to play the files. Can I associate Winamp or Realplayer to play the files? I'll see if that will work.

Any advice on the track?

Cheers
Graeme

Message 6/6             17-Apr-01  @  09:58 PM   -   RE: k , some help please?

Boxwell

Just realised what you meant. The weird rumblings are the original guitar lick, chopped,stretched and twisted about!!
It's the bouncy bit after that thats the sample

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)