aaa Need some expert advice! - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Need some expert advice!

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             18-Apr-01  @  02:47 AM   -   Need some expert advice!

Smellhound

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I need to figure out how to make awesome transitions between sections of music within the songs I make. What I really like are those sweet machine-like, hollow sounds that Daft Punk used on Homework (especially in Around the World...listen one beat before every musical phrase) If you know how to make sounds like that with synths or if you know where I can just obtain some WAV samples of cool sounding cymbals and transitional noises, I'd greatly appreatiate it if ya pointed me in the right direction.

I'm looking for ANY help, ANY ideas. Creativity very welcome. Thankyou! -Smellhound

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             19-Apr-01  @  01:02 PM   -   RE: Need some expert advice!

sitar

Link?:  Link

Any way you can post a small snippet of what you're referring too?

Message 3/4             19-Apr-01  @  02:36 PM   -   RE: Need some expert advice!

Spybase

Link?:  Link

1) backwards cymbals
2) a passing note on the bass if the two sections are different chords
3) a kick drum (or snare) on the last sixteenth of the last bar before the change
4) a bass dive or slide
5) cut the drums for the last bar before the change...maybe cutting back in on the last snare
tick tick tick crack-tchi change...
6) a speech sample leading up to the change
7) a speech sample bridging the change
8) a delay of the last beat fading away

list of transitional changes is endless. you can use filters, timestretch, pitchshifting...

without a copy of around the world to hand i can't hear what it is exactly you're after but the bridging the change bit of a song is often the best bit. i can give you another 8 off the top of my head if you think those were the kind of advice you were after.

for hollow sounds you might want to try really short reverbs, or playing the same sample twice at the same time with one shifted up/down a fraction. or finally two versions of the same sample but one delayed by a few ticks...

Message 4/4             21-Apr-01  @  01:11 AM   -   RE: Need some expert advice!

PointBeing

Link?: Link

another 8 would be cool

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)