aaa A4000 Discontinued ???????????? - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: A4000 Discontinued ????????????

Viewing all 13 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/13             19-Apr-01  @  07:28 PM   -   A4000 Discontinued ????????????

Pbuggers

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Just my luck i've Just been into Dawsons UK (Warrington) and they say the A4000 has been discontinued (just when i was gonna buy one) but Turnkey are still advertising them. Anyone know more on this subject and more importantly will i still get one????

B

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/13             20-Apr-01  @  12:03 PM   -   RE: A4000 Discontinued ????????????

Jasper

Link?:  No link

if that's the case then turnkey will probably sell the rest at real cheap prices.

erm, try phoning turnkey mate.

Message 3/13             20-Apr-01  @  10:00 PM   -   RE: A4000 Discontinued ????????????

Pbuggers

I tried turnkey just after i got of the internet and they told me it was discontinued as did 3 other companies, luckily i found a shop with 7 in stock, they also told me that they had recived comformation from yamaha that the A4000 is not discontinued. There are no reductions on price (£599.99 for the sampler £139.99 for the output board).

I also couldnt seem to find the A4000 under the Synths and samplers section of the yamaha website.

WTF!!!!!

B

Message 4/13             21-Apr-01  @  03:28 AM   -   RE: A4000 Discontinued ????????????

k

try studiospares camden they might have some.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/13             21-Apr-01  @  03:51 PM   -   RE: A4000 Discontinued ????????????

Link?:  Link

i`d jus like 2 say that what a bargain that is £599, i payed £550 4 a 2nd hand A3000v2 about 6 months ago.
Also i think there r quite a few 4000`s around 2nd hand and u might get one with the outs plus maybe a zip disk or hard drive.

Message 6/13             24-Apr-01  @  02:59 PM   -   RE: A4000 Discontinued ????????????

Jasper

yeah, and I paid 1299 for an a3000+board+32meg+zip drive 2 years ago.. so stop whinging about 600quid and go and buy one.

Message 7/13             26-Apr-01  @  10:34 PM   -   RE: A4000 Discontinued ????????????

Pbuggers

I got one from andertons music uk in the end, it was there last one.
Im more than pleased with it but i dont quite understand the multi mode, i am new to sampling, and yamaha operating systems

B

Message 8/13             27-Apr-01  @  12:26 PM   -   RE: A4000 Discontinued ????????????

Jasper

oh you'll be having fun this weekend then  

ask away if your stuck.

Message 9/13             28-Apr-01  @  12:10 AM   -   RE: A4000 Discontinued ????????????

Pbuggers

I think i've pretty much mastered the multimode now, but i dont understand what the master program does?

From what the manual says I presume I use it for fx. Is it ok to use it as a normal midi channel as well? (thats what ive been doing.

Also, when I use a filter, say on program 1 (in multi mode) do I need to change the transmit channel in panel play every time i change to say program 2?

Hopefully i'm doing these things right, coz the manual dosent go into depth enough for someone who is new to sampling like me.

(sorry if none of this makes sense)

Cheers for any help 

And cheers for the invitation

B

Message 10/13             01-May-01  @  01:07 PM   -   RE: A4000 Discontinued ????????????

Jasper

think of a program as a collection of samples and effect settings for a track.

the samples contain all the info like filter/tuning/envelope/lfo/modulation/channel response

you only really need to use program 001 when writing a track, but it is usefull to copy all the settings to program 002 and use that if you want to try out a different effect combination without losing the original settings.

it might be usefull to you to download bzone from the link above, this lets you edit stuff from your pc, and also displays stuff so you can see how the a3000 arranges its samples/programs etc.

Message 11/13             01-May-01  @  07:49 PM   -   RE: A4000 Discontinued ????????????

Pbuggers

Ok, so i dont have to use a different program in the multi setup, for each set of samples i want to assign to a midi channel. coz thats what ive been doin. Then ive been using the master channel set up the fx, and routing the outputs of other samples in other programs to them, i thought that was what the manual was kinda getting at, or am i just doing it the hard way 

oh yea, didnt u mean A4000, not A3000, or do they have a similar O/S.

Cheers 4 ya help

B

Message 12/13             02-May-01  @  12:05 PM   -   RE: A4000 Discontinued ????????????

Jasper

I have an a3000, sorry I never realised the a4000 had an actual multi mode. this is supposed to make the setup simpler I suppose. The rest of the OS is the same.

"and routing the outputs of other samples in other programs to them"

not sure what you mean by this bit, can you explain a bit more?

also try a search in this forum for a3000 or a4000, and you should find a lot of threads covering this sort of stuff.

Message 13/13             02-May-01  @  11:38 PM   -   RE: A4000 Discontinued ????????????

B

I'm sorry was just talking shit, but i think i've just about got it covered now (i've had a few days hardcore sampling), it's just unformilar teritory at the moment, i just expected to be able to use it instantly, coz with my supernova i pluged it in and that was it it worked, with a sampler theres just so many more posibilitys, its sorta like learning logic audio again, i'll never be able to use it until i've figured out whats actualy avalible.

I think the only way to make the most of it is to quit uni and work, dump my girlfriend and spend 3 months in my room, but then that would be a bit drastic.

Sorry if i waffled on, but i've had a realy shit day (apart from finding out the new O/S is out for my supernova, Horray), cheers for all ya help, im gonna look up them links tomorow, but at the moment it's new O/S time for the supernova.

Cheers

Viewing all 13 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)