aaa Yo!!! Mark@Darkstate :) - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Yo!!! Mark@Darkstate :)

Viewing all 21 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

Original Message 1/21             02-May-01  @  07:31 PM   -   Yo!!! Mark@Darkstate :)

sitar

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

Hey Mark, and anyone else. I couldn't resist because of your Orbital comments (which I deeply appreciate. I put this 33 second snippet up. It's called 'Sounds Like Them Eh?'. It's part of a track I'm doing. Have mostly the drum sections written. This is one of them. I couldn't resist laying something very reminiscent of an Orbital track on top of it...just for you :P Course I have no plans on using these chords in the track. Not exactly Orbital's chords too close and the track will be much different anyway.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/21             03-May-01  @  09:54 AM   -   RE: Yo!!! Mark@Darkstate :)

dARKSTATe

Link?: Link

Mark, you've certainly got a feel for that "Orbital" style..   Though I was really impressed by You Left Me So Sweetly 2!!

In preparation for the new album I gave Middle of Nowhere another good listen! Talented guys..

Doin' a track in that style myself called "Title Sequence"... kinda Vangelis-y with major Orbital overtones.. Its a bit of an opus, got most of it written now I have to bring myself to get it into Audio and mix the damn thing (we're talking a LOT of weaving parts here!!)

More please!!  

Marc_D

Message 3/21             03-May-01  @  10:06 AM   -   RE: Yo!!! Mark@Darkstate :)

Maarten

Finish im sitar-san!   good drums, yum

Message 4/21             03-May-01  @  02:47 PM   -   RE: Yo!!! Mark@Darkstate :)

sitar

Thanks Maarten, I'll do my best.

Marc, sounds exciting. Let us know when we can hear something from 'Title Sequence'. You might get yours done before Orbital gets theirs done. Thanks for chiming in...pun intended.

Message 5/21             03-May-01  @  04:00 PM   -   RE: Yo!!! Mark@Darkstate :)

dARKSTATe

Well I thought some of your stuff was pretty Way Out and now there's Nothing Left 'cept for me to go and talk to the Girl with the Sun in her Head...

Erm... time to go lie down now..

M_D

Message 6/21             03-May-01  @  11:30 PM   -   RE: Yo!!! Mark@Darkstate :)

dARKSTATe

kay.. kay.. stoned. met up with Lia.. kinda feel in lurve (check lia and U know wot I mean)... Gonna re-listen. some tunes.. Gonna relaese "Title Sequence.." - Sitar.. hope it makes U proud boy...

Message 7/21             03-May-01  @  11:30 PM   -   RE: Yo!!! Mark@Darkstate :)

dARKSTATe

kay.. kay.. stoned. met up with Lia.. kinda feel in lurve (check lia and U know wot I mean)... Gonna re-listen. some tunes.. Gonna relaese "Title Sequence.." - Sitar.. hope it makes U proud boy...

Message 8/21             04-May-01  @  04:37 AM   -   RE: Yo!!! Mark@Darkstate :)

sitar

Proud or jealous dude??? :P

Message 9/21             04-May-01  @  05:29 AM   -   RE: Yo!!! Mark@Darkstate :)

influx

marc...darkstate...really really really diggin "lounge"

is that lianne singin? cool  damn I miss that dark downtempo breaks stuff. early funki porcini was SO good!

hey...whats all this stoned talk about lovin lia? shes MINE man dont you know that?

oh, and sitar...enjoyed your track as well. there was a point where it builds and I THOUGHT it was gonna get all hard and dark but it didnt..went the other way...to be honest I was a little disappointed cuz it sounded like harold faltermeyer (sp?) 

damn good stuff though, man! god Im so jealous of all you fuckers who seem totally in control of your music! my shit is so chaotic, and chanc-ey! blech

hey..btw....did a bunch of you guys from here go to my MP3.com page mid last month? I had like 100 downloads in 3 days, then NOTHING!?! got up to like 44th or some shit? how funny. I even have money on account there now

that place is hilarious

Message 10/21             04-May-01  @  11:06 AM   -   RE: Yo!!! Mark@Darkstate :)

dARKSTATe

Grrr.. my head hurtz.. and now Lia's laughing her arse off! You know I lurve you in a "brotherly way" baby!!!!  

Thanx for the props on Lounge Influx, it isn't Lia singing its Natalie - but I'll be getting the bird to release her vocal chords as soon as I can - she's got a WICKED voice and isn't afraid to use it but just seems to be busy ALL the time!!! Though the fact she's posting on DT again is a good sign..

Marc_D

(Didn't realise she'd had such an effect on all U boyz..  

Message 11/21             04-May-01  @  03:20 PM   -   RE: Yo!!! Mark@Darkstate :)

sitar

She's mine I tell you! MINE!

Message 12/21             04-May-01  @  03:21 PM   -   RE: Yo!!! Mark@Darkstate :)

sitar

Thanks Influx. Maybe I'll have to turn down the dark path with it then. Your music rocks.

Message 13/21             04-May-01  @  09:28 PM   -   RE: Yo!!! Mark@Darkstate :)

influx

no...see..thats me imposing my taste on YOUR expression. not a good idea. you just keep doing what youre doing cuz it sounds pretty damn good.

and...Ill fight ya for her. all of you.

oh, wait...she lives in england...uh...uh...thats a pretty long ride on my unicycle, no? especially with a flat tire and no seat

Message 14/21             04-May-01  @  09:44 PM   -   RE: Yo!!! Mark@Darkstate :)

influx

man! marc!

daddys little girl!!! jeez man! I fuckin quit

obviously I lean toward the breakier stuff. just dont like 4 on the floor much I dont know why, but...

wow. Im impressed. the backwards snare sounds a little loud but of course I always have to qualify that with the fact that I am listening on crappy speakers

hey nobody..if you read this..you really otta check this daddys little girl track out

Message 15/21             04-May-01  @  11:47 PM   -   RE: Yo!!! Mark@Darkstate :)

sitar

"no...see..thats me imposing my taste on YOUR expression. not a good idea. you just keep doing what youre doing cuz it sounds pretty damn good"

OK I'll keep doing what I'm doing.....but only cuz you said I should :P

And I'm closer to the UK than you are. That makes her MINE.

I gotta listen to those tunes Marc.

Message 16/21             06-May-01  @  01:58 PM   -   RE: Yo!!! Mark@Darkstate :)

dARKSTATe

Jeez!! Thanx for the props Influx... Its always puts a big grin on my mush when people appreciate what you're doing!!  

Just wanted to do some nasty dark breaks, with an evil vocal (me, SoundForge and a little freeware "trashcoder" plugin) and something else a bit different in the riddim section..

Lia's coming round with the rest of the team a bit later, I'm not sure she's read DT the last couple of days.. if she has then she's gonna be unbearable once she gets to your unicycle comment.. ;)

Marc_D

Message 17/21             08-May-01  @  12:57 AM   -   RE: Yo!!! Mark@Darkstate :)

psylichon

Nice trax, man! I wish I had listened to them sooner...

You see, I live near about a dozen radio towers, and my dial-up connection suffers miserably as a result. Well, one trip to Radio Shack and $20 later, and now I have a doohicky that lets me actually download again! So now I can listen to some tracks...

You left me so sweetly... man, killer drums. I liked the trancy chops in the middle, though they felt a little off beat at times to my internal drum, ya know? Great sound-blending, though... I can tell you put some time into your programming.

Rising Moon - Liked the electro element. You ever listen to Mouse on Mars? Reminds me of their stuff (big compliment there... they're true sound wizards). Overall, I just like the vibe, especially when the ethereal choir stuff comes in after about 1:30. If anything, I'd want a little more variation... though hypnosis is nice :}

Will check out your other tune later. I really want to upload an old one of mine now that I'm hearing everyone else's choons.... I think y'all will dig...

psylichon

Message 18/21             08-May-01  @  04:23 AM   -   RE: Yo!!! Mark@Darkstate :)

influx

Lia can have a laugh at my expense any day.

Hey..are english girls players like Californians? I cant say like americans because I havent dealt with that many but it seems like...oh...no need for personal stuff here

back to my unicycle. Did I mention that I can eat grapes one at a time while juggling alaskan king salmon with the other hand all while riding my unicycle?

Message 19/21             08-May-01  @  02:26 PM   -   RE: Yo!!! Mark@Darkstate :)

dARKSTATe

Influx.. the whole English girl thing is a quandary in more ways than one! But yeah, you could say that they're players...

Lia's not yer typical English girl though... which I'm not sure scares me more or less!! ;)

M_D

Message 20/21             09-May-01  @  07:09 PM   -   RE: Yo!!! Mark@Darkstate :)

sitar

That's right. I listened to Lounge and Carrier a while ago. Like them both lots. Listened to Razors Edge (I think that's the name...3 songs ago) I like Lounge and Carrier more though. Love the opening of Carrier. Listen to more later.

Went back to listen to Deep Inside. I like it alot. Like her voice. Nice rhythm. Synth parts work well together. Like the synth that comes in toward the beginning of Razors Edge btw. Great stuff.

Message 21/21             10-May-01  @  10:01 AM   -   RE: Yo!!! Mark@Darkstate :)

dARKSTATe

Thanks for the feedback Sitar, its really encouraging to know that for the most part, what we're doing is working..  

Finished recording and mixing three more BIG vocal tracks... gearing them up for release on these two EPs we've got planned.. 6 tracks for our "GroovaMoova" project, and 6 for dARKSTATe...

If you liked Deep Inside, then two of the new dARKSTATe tracks, "Clear" and "Winter (All Alone)" might strike a few chords (ho ho chortle!)  

Will see if I can get a version up on DT..

Marc_D

Viewing all 21 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

There are 21 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)