aaa Help - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Help

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             06-May-01  @  11:52 PM   -   Help

oldskool

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I posted up a track called People Electric, thing is I'm not sure I like it, I'm happy with the production and arrangement but is it a good track? I have had differing feedback from friends some say its great and others say its really pants, none of them are musicians and obviously they could be biased (the ones saying its good, so as not to hurt my feelings). So I would really appreciate it if some of you could check it out and let me know if it is of the same quality (good or bad) as my other tracks. I wrote it a long time ago and don't know whether to include it on my album. Maybe I'm being too critical? Or is it a pile of cheese!

Thanx

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             07-May-01  @  01:29 PM   -   RE: Help

Maarten

Well... to be hounest, I find the beginning cheesy up- untill 2:40, then it evolves to something more interresting. I don't know, I think it's the 303ish lil'stabs starting round 1:15 that sound too happy for my likings. It does correct itself along the way though...  

-M-

Can't blame me for being hounest.

Message 3/5             07-May-01  @  01:56 PM   -   RE: Help

Maarten

Screw this shit, I think 'People Electric' sucks!
Excuse my language but I'm listening to your 'Alien Cargo'track and I think it's fucking brilliant, it has the mysterious atmosphere the name carries. I can see the hangar-bays already... not kissing ass here, very good tune.
People Electric has no place in your list. :P
Sounds rough but it's actually a compliment.

-M-

Message 4/5             07-May-01  @  02:13 PM   -   RE: Help

funky_ol_shit

Link?:  Link

Alien Cargo made me shit a gold brick!
It's a big one 

Message 5/5             08-May-01  @  01:21 AM   -   RE: Help

oldskool

Thanx guys, M, I appreciate your honesty  
Just checked the chart on the frontpage and K has put it in! I guess its just one of those tracks some ppl love some ppl hate! I kinda like it for being indifferent now ;)
I put Ghost in the Machine up tonite, check it out.

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)