aaa LISTEN!!! AND LAUGH!!! - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: LISTEN!!! AND LAUGH!!!

Viewing all 29 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

Original Message 1/29             07-May-01  @  02:19 PM   -   LISTEN!!! AND LAUGH!!!

breakerbox

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

Ok, I finally got a net connection in my apartment, so i just uploaded my tracks, i think they suck...I uploaded them so you guys feel better... so whatchya think?

Click on my name to get to my artist page on dancetech...

And Kilo! You should put "Soundtrack" and "absolute crap" in the genre section, cause most of my stuff would be filed under those 2...
*i really don't think my tracks r that bad, but this is the first time asking for people to listen to them... Comments welcome.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/29             07-May-01  @  02:21 PM   -   RE: LISTEN!!! AND LAUGH!!!

breakerbox

i ment click on view user... probably you guys already know that...

Message 3/29             07-May-01  @  02:33 PM   -   RE: LISTEN!!! AND LAUGH!!!

nothingnewhere

Link?: Link

I just listened to all of em... not bad man. I especially likes take 6. would really like to hear these at a higher bitrate though.

Message 4/29             07-May-01  @  03:20 PM   -   RE: LISTEN!!! AND LAUGH!!!

breakerbox

Take6 sounds bad, we were recording it on tape, itrasferred that to my md, then i trasferred it to pc, and the original mixer was a powered mono/pa mixer, so you are not missing that much, altough i wish the mp3s could be little bit higher quality like 50kps instead of 24...
Thanks, for the input...

Message 5/29             07-May-01  @  03:29 PM   -   RE: LISTEN!!! AND LAUGH!!!

Maarten

Just listened to tracks 1 through 4 and don't think you should put up such pittyfull attitude towards yourself. Thought they were good tracks, take 6 being a bit too chaotic for me though, but what's taste?

-M-

Message 6/29             07-May-01  @  03:30 PM   -   RE: LISTEN!!! AND LAUGH!!!

Maarten

That sounded less friendly than I intended it to be... oh well... bye now.

Message 7/29             07-May-01  @  03:45 PM   -   RE: LISTEN!!! AND LAUGH!!!

breakerbox

I guess you didnt read the track notes...
It was all live, it s me and 2 other guys making up stuff as we go... it is not suppose to be produced... thanks for the comments...

Message 8/29             07-May-01  @  03:49 PM   -   RE: LISTEN!!! AND LAUGH!!!

k

i like goodnight wendy... very nice...

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 9/29             07-May-01  @  06:13 PM   -   RE: LISTEN!!! AND LAUGH!!!

Defector Z

Listen and laugh my ass. Don't be self-depricating - doesn't suit you. Sounds like you're fishing for compliments.

"oh I suck I suck" he says full of woe.

"oh no you don't! you're wonderful!!" replies she, showering him with hugs and kisses...

Don't be an idiot. You've got good stuff there and you know it.

Message 10/29             07-May-01  @  09:25 PM   -   RE: LISTEN!!! AND LAUGH!!!

Rhea

I love "Goodnight Wendy" too. It made me feel. Thank you.

Message 11/29             07-May-01  @  10:09 PM   -   RE: LISTEN!!! AND LAUGH!!!

PointBeing

they do suck.. you need to work on quality upping

Message 12/29             07-May-01  @  10:11 PM   -   RE: LISTEN!!! AND LAUGH!!!

influx

you know what? your jams DO SUCK!!!! you should quit now. sell your gear to the next E-tard and take up knitting

is that what you wanted to hear? jesus! dont you have an opinion of your own music? is it really that it sucks? if thats the case then you SHOULD quit, but seeing as how you felt the need to play it for other people then that indicates that you dont genuinely think it SUCKS, so knock that BULLSHIT off, aight?

Message 13/29             07-May-01  @  11:32 PM   -   RE: LISTEN!!! AND LAUGH!!!

rhea

you guys are fucking arsh! Give the guy (or girl) a break.

Message 14/29             08-May-01  @  02:00 AM   -   RE: LISTEN!!! AND LAUGH!!!

breakerbox

Damn... Take it easy... I do think most of the stuff i upped is ok, but i know i could do better.. thats why i think they suck, not for your pitty love, i think the stuff i did is sometimes better then people at my stage, but when i listened to them, i think i could have done better, and the reason i u/l them is to see what people think... So fuck off Influx, why r u such a flaming jack ass???
I know my thread was pretty self-depricating ... i guess, sorry for that.. last nite kind of sucked...i felt bad ok?
And check out the song descriptons, none of them except one says its bad...
i am sorry that i wasted your time influx...
Thanx for the comments guys...

Message 15/29             08-May-01  @  02:19 AM   -   RE: LISTEN!!! AND LAUGH!!!

influx

apparently irony and sarcasm are lost on the ignorant

did you even READ your own post? listen and laugh"

thats like saying "here..heres my little piece of shit I already think it sucks but I really dont and I really want your opinion on it"

funny that you totally missed my point in your defensive little reaction

and isnt the word self-deprEcating?

I basically said the same thing as DZ only in my own way, which holds very little regard for all this false humility. If youre good, youll know it. If youre mediocre, same thing, and you can work on improvement.

btw..I didnt even listen to your stuff because of your presentation. Why would I want to check something out that someone hands to me and says "this isnt very good"? think about it before coming back crying at me and calling me names, yeah?

Message 16/29             08-May-01  @  02:31 AM   -   RE: LISTEN!!! AND LAUGH!!!

influx

and I never said anything about wasting my time did I?

Message 17/29             08-May-01  @  02:42 AM   -   RE: LISTEN!!! AND LAUGH!!!

breakerbox

about "self-deprecating" i copy and paste it from defector-z post so there you go... (coz my spelling is not that great, so is my english, coz i am not english,american,australian,or any other country people learn english whe they r born so every once in a while people make mistakes... It s WORLDwideweb (not USWideWeb) you know... so stop trying to correct peoples spelling if it doesnt change the meaning of sentences, it might make you think that you are clever, but its kind of mean...)
i put that heading so it will get some attention...
Fuck, i didnt want to get into this e-fight...
Nevermind, I listened (listening it right now to 14th floor.. nice)to your stuff BTW influx, really tight stuff you got there...
thnaks again

Message 18/29             08-May-01  @  03:31 AM   -   RE: LISTEN!!! AND LAUGH!!!

Defector Z

Spelling isn't the best thing to go after, especially on a message board like this. My spelling sux. Sorry.

look Breakerbox... I listened to your stuff, and was quite impressed. I actually ENJOYED listening to your crap. But don't play the "I'm tired" game. We all have bad days. I'm sick of people trying to get away with shit because they have a bad day... (okay - I'm starting a thread in the rant section...). Anyhow - you've got good licks, good ideas, and I really chilled to them. Liked it a lot. Influx is right though, if YOU don't like it, why should anyone listen to it?

Message 19/29             08-May-01  @  03:52 AM   -   RE: LISTEN!!! AND LAUGH!!!

breakerbox

i guess you are right... I shouldnt started the post like that... Thanks for the comments.

Message 20/29             08-May-01  @  04:17 AM   -   RE: LISTEN!!! AND LAUGH!!!

influx

hey..its not a fight! I was never upset! See...i just bludgeon people sometimes, and I REALLY dont mean to!

What it comes down to is the ever-decreasing level of honest self-evaluation and the resulting lack of a true opinion of oneself or ones actions.

THAT is what I try to avoid and to get others to avoid. sorry for bein so heavy handed

and the spelling thing..uh...has nothing to do with any sort of imperialism. If youre using a language use it correctly, no?

Didnt realize that english wasnt your language...up until your last post up there you couldnt even tell!

in any case...no fighting from me, I promise. and keep writing music if you love it!

oh..and where the hell did you hear 14th floor?

Message 21/29             08-May-01  @  10:40 AM   -   RE: LISTEN!!! AND LAUGH!!!

breakerbox

I have been visiting the dancetech over 2 years, and most of the time, i really dig your comments, coz you r straight up, and i really dig your music too, influx... And i am not trying to suck up...really...
I heard the 14th floor on mp3.com you are influx1 on mp3.com, right?

I live in US but I am not from here, I came here to go to college, 3 years ago, i learned english when i was 12 but didn't really put it to practice till i came here.

Did you guys hear survivor by destiny's child, one part they sing " i am not gonna diss you on the internet, my moma taught me better than that"
doesnt have anything to do with anything, but i just heard it, its kinda funny...

thanks

Message 22/29             08-May-01  @  07:50 PM   -   RE: LISTEN!!! AND LAUGH!!!

influx

yeah, thats me. but I have a lot more tracks up there than that one!

sorry dont know any destinys child lyrics. all I know is that one of em has a nice ass. thats about all theyre worth to me

Message 23/29             09-May-01  @  12:20 AM   -   RE: LISTEN!!! AND LAUGH!!!

breakerbox

I listened to all of your stuff on mp3.com
it s good stuff.

Message 24/29             09-May-01  @  12:40 AM   -   RE: LISTEN!!! AND LAUGH!!!

influx

ok so yeah...

I listened to 'level 22 dork'

aside from the fact that its apparently only a partial idea..whats wrong with it? drums are LOUD and big, which I like a lot. Id have done a little more programming..ghost snares, some delays maybe, but...nice and dark and ominous

Ill check out some more later

Message 25/29             09-May-01  @  12:54 AM   -   RE: LISTEN!!! AND LAUGH!!!

funky_ol_shit

Chek dis spellin;)
i like Swing no 9, nice!
do u dig elite force?
i hope it 4 twenty, cus i just luv happy endins 

Message 26/29             09-May-01  @  04:57 AM   -   RE: LISTEN!!! AND LAUGH!!!

breakerbox

The reason songs are so undercevoloped like level22dork is i was making it with the reason demo so i can make it until the my pc crashes, or i leave the house/sleep and the pc goes to sleep and never wakes up... But i am getting the full version soon....

Do you have any tips about drum compression?
What i do most time is compress everything except the kick together and put the kick on seperate channel... should i try to compress the kick too, i cant get the drums crisp with enough low end...

So any tips?

Message 27/29             09-May-01  @  07:02 AM   -   RE: LISTEN!!! AND LAUGH!!!

psylichon

I like to compress all my rhythm tracks together. Kick, snare, hats, cymbals, bass, 808 drops... all bussed to a channel and compressed (slow attack, fast release if you want it to pump). If you feel you can't get enough low end, you're probably mixing all your tracks too loud. Pull your other tracks down and give yourself some digital headroom. Just start with the drums and work the other tracks in around them (they are the focus of your mix, right?) Also, when you EQ, try to pull down frequencies you don't want and boost the whole track instead of just pushing up 80 Hz to get your kick. When you boost stuff in EQ, you lose a lot of headroom quickly and your track just won't slam. I'm not saying you've made such mistakes (hard to judge a mix at 24kb/s), but they're common in desktop production, so keep them in mind.

As for your tracks, I think they sound pretty good! I obviously can't speak with authority without hearing them in full fidelity, but they sound like they survived the lo-fi transition pretty well, which means your mix isn't too far off the mark at all.

Goodnight Wendy is nice and moody. Nice bell tones.... Drums in Level 22 sound right on the mark. And Take6... well, that's my cup of tea, man! Truly out there... but with intent. I said this in another post referring to someone else's music, but it reminds me of Mouse on Mars... check them out if you haven't already. I really enjoyed that one... Nice sound mangling, dood!

psylichon

p.s.- I finally put some tracks up in my profile that I actually think are quite good and that you all will enjoy listening from beginning to end! I think you'll enjoy writing comments about them, too ... At no time in writing or posting these songs did I think I sucked!

Message 28/29             09-May-01  @  11:11 AM   -   RE: LISTEN!!! AND LAUGH!!!

breakerbox

Hey, thanks for the tips...
I just lisetened to your stuff psylichon , i reaally dig the philly ambient, It sounds like its gonna lead to something bigger, like more drums, or thats what i expected at the end...your mix sounds so much better then mine... nice drums on imsonia, it reminds me of dj shadow remixed enigma...

Message 29/29             09-May-01  @  11:12 AM   -   RE: LISTEN!!! AND LAUGH!!!

breakerbox

well... dj shadow never remixed enigma, but if he did...

Viewing all 29 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

There are 29 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)