aaa Influx's hot new trance tracks! - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

Viewing all 125 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13

Original Message 1/125             08-May-01  @  08:33 PM   -   Influx's hot new trance tracks!

influx

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

Finally got some help ULing. thanks roller8 (and Horizens!!!)

its all there. some old some new. 2 remixes one for rhea one for roller8

figured I should put up or shut up

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/125             08-May-01  @  10:17 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

BassProShop

Link?: Link

this better be some good electronica

Message 3/125             08-May-01  @  10:35 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

sitar

Woohoo!!! Can't wait to listen.

Message 4/125             08-May-01  @  11:09 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

rhea

I heard everything already  

Message 5/125             09-May-01  @  12:05 AM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

k

HA!!!!!!!... rubbish... You suck!!... :-)

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 6/125             09-May-01  @  12:19 AM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

Formant

hey man i liked them all..

well all except interim

escape velocity and 14th floor are pretty hot man!

some of the vocally tracks sound too florida for me tho.

jamey

Message 7/125             09-May-01  @  12:35 AM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

influx

yes kilo I know I suck but I was hoping someone would tell me different

formant...interim seems to take getting used to.

dunno where you got the florida thing but I think youre smokin a bit too much!:L

Message 8/125             09-May-01  @  01:41 AM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

k

ha ha... just ribbin ya mate...

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 9/125             09-May-01  @  02:13 AM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

funky_ol_shit

(Interim)
Gives me the creeps, u know the willies!
Fantastico!.... i think i spelled that right;p

Message 10/125             09-May-01  @  04:11 AM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

sitar

I'll listen tomorrow dude. Just home from work and a little sick I think. Maybe I heard them all already but it's worth DLing from here just for the novelty of seeing you finally FIGURED OUT HOW TO POST A FRIGGIN TRACK!

Message 11/125             09-May-01  @  08:42 AM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

Maarten

Getting used to? I find Interim to be a straight-forward, great track.... what's to get used to? Nothing special. :P (!)
Listen some more later.

-M-

Message 12/125             09-May-01  @  08:55 AM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

dARKSTATe

Gonna listen tonite Influx, looking forward to it mate!

The old girl has a login, so I'm sure she'll be having a listen too!

Marc_D

Message 13/125             09-May-01  @  04:39 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

roller8

I really like Your Love (Spinner Mix). I think that's some of the best work I heard from you in a loooooooonnnnnng time! yay!

;)

Message 14/125             09-May-01  @  05:35 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

ghost b

nice stuff... I didn't know trance could be so interesting and funky ;)

14th floor is cool... nice breaks over the hits. too bad I can't crank it up at work...

to my ears, the Your Love (Spinner Mix) is shit-hot, and should be on platters throughout the world.... it's got it all.. vocals, a nice break, and a nasty bass... thweet.

Message 15/125             09-May-01  @  06:03 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

roller8

Agreed!

Message 16/125             09-May-01  @  06:55 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

sitar

That's what I'm talkin about. I like your breaks on escape velocity too.

Message 17/125             10-May-01  @  08:24 AM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

Panama

no mp3 player here on my mac... I'd like to hear
the remix of roller8's tune though.

got it in quicktime

Message 18/125             10-May-01  @  10:21 AM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

dARKSTATe

Okay.. gorged myself on Influx tracks and I seriously, seriously, SERIOUSLY like!!!!! You ain't quitting boy, you got some nice shit goin' on - I gotta insist on listening to it at "decent" quality now I've been teased with the lo-fi version at DT!! (just ta give my speaker cones a workout you understand... ;)

If the production matches the ideas i'm hearing then, bring it on!!! (Come to think of it, that's true of a LOT of great tracks posted here by people!!)

Nothing I can add critically, these tracks just gotta be listened to as completed works in their own right..

Come Git Some (Swarm mix).. damn boy!!   I know a LOT of people that will eat this up!!!!

Marc_D

Message 19/125             10-May-01  @  03:13 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

damballah

panama, go to apple's website and download ITunes pronto.

Message 20/125             11-May-01  @  03:35 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

sitar

That darn Swarm Mix  

Message 21/125             11-May-01  @  06:06 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

roller8

No, no! Your Love Spinner Mix is best!!  

Message 22/125             11-May-01  @  06:47 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

infrasound

aye, your loves the best.

and I had to break my law of conduct and actually say something on this board to state that so be grateful influx you mulletted hessian you.

Message 23/125             11-May-01  @  07:17 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

influx

Howd you know about my mullet? jeez. cant keep a secret these days

personally I like Escape Velocity best...just the way the drums work in and out. Needs to be mixed better to really work, but

OF COURSE we know Roller8s vote!

anyway...thanks yall for listenin. Just wanted to be sure I had something here to represent so when someone else comes along and says "youre an asshole wheres your music?" I can point em in the right durekshun. yup.

Mark...was that an attempt to procure a better quality sampling? If so, email me. nflux1@aol.com

Message 24/125             11-May-01  @  07:18 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

influx

shit that was marC...marc_dark...

Sitar already has most of that stuff

Message 25/125             11-May-01  @  08:04 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

sitar

I sure do. Makes me wonder why I'm listening to lo fi. Go figure.

I just like Dancetech.

Message 26/125             11-May-01  @  08:29 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

damballah

hehehe

Message 27/125             12-May-01  @  09:20 AM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

influx

jeez thats IT? oh..its not trance, i forgot.

you guys really should be paying more attention to me because eventually I will be all that matters and, oh..uh...

Ill get my jacket then

Message 28/125             12-May-01  @  05:59 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

8life8

Link?:  No link

just took a listen to "your love" ... man u've come pretty far .. love how it breaksdown w the amen breakes and the oldskool bass riff! and thouse synth stabs r the peak of the grove (I want more, what synth did that?) .. beatiful... u got style.. and yhea a ego to go w it..  

Message 29/125             12-May-01  @  08:39 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

influx

EGO?!?!?! I am an anti-ego

anyway...oh wait..come a long way? Youve been watching me? scary

ok so yeah...thanks. The stabs I believe you are referring to are from the original with a little added spice from yours truly. Dunno where they came from in the first place youll have to ask roller8

gonna do a little more drum work then let it go. I think its nice and simple. Didnt have time to check anything else? 

Message 30/125             13-May-01  @  04:29 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

8life8

no man I haven't been stocking u  ... I meant in u've come along way from a musical prespectif, u keep your image tight, don't over-prouduce or under-produce .. just right .. ying/yang.. I'll cheek out some more of your stuff once my ears feel better.. ta..

Message 31/125             13-May-01  @  06:07 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

Espoo2

I'd heard most of those from the DTCD as well, but I really liked the Your Love track.... Good stuff.

The bass on the Come Git Some mix is fucking killer, too. Good job influx.

Message 32/125             13-May-01  @  11:50 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

influx

hey 8life8...

waddaya mean when your ears feel better?!?! Not sure how to take that one 

Im glad youre not stocking me cuz youd run out of stock right quick

anyway..yeah..I try to keep it simple. Im not Liam as far as production goes and this is all bedroom shit so I just try to get it as good as I can and let go from there.

probably have to hire out a studio if I ever got an offer for a release though

Message 33/125             14-May-01  @  03:29 AM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

Panama

Liam, as in Liam Howlett?

influx: you definitley make your drums sound big and complicated. Nothing like a having a drum track that is always evolving; giving your ears something to dance to (whatever that means)

I love thoose electric piano stabs, from roller8. Reminds me of the sounds of my old juno synth.

just a thought... have you ever used pro tools? you could do a lot of after production with a digi 001. Everything is sample based, so you can throw whatever you want, where you want into a tune. No big tech programming, just playing synths by hand. putting a feel down. Maybe throw in a few tricks, that couldn't be done with midi or a sampler. But what do I know, I haven't really used logic or any other major midi sequencer  

Message 34/125             14-May-01  @  09:32 AM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

dARKSTATe

Ain't nothin' wrong with big and complicated drums... had yet another stab at Title Sequence last night, and it seems we could have another big and complicated drums thing goin' on...

(yeah right.. that's cool until I have to mix the fucker!!!)

Marc_D

p.s. Anyone heard "Doctor?" of the new Orbital album... fuckin' cheese-a-rolla!!!! ;)

Message 35/125             14-May-01  @  11:23 AM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

influx

uh...can someone point me to the complicated drums in my tracks? Seem pretty simplistic to me.

anyway..panama..I am actually leaning AWAY from the whole fucking computer/digital audio thing and really working my brain to try to develop a less complicated MO. This computer shit just isnt for me. Im having a hard time getting recordings that dont click and pop on the damn delta66. But thanks for the suggestion anyway

Message 36/125             14-May-01  @  12:09 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

dARKSTATe

Man, that really sucks.. I LOVE computer based production, but perhaps I'm one of the lucky ones that have had (touch wood) very little problems with configurations and stuff.. ahh for the money to have a more "stable" hardware based hi quality recording system.. alas I don't so I guess I gotta make a pact with the devil and do it all "online"..

Marc_D

Message 37/125             02-Jun-01  @  12:02 AM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

sitar

Am I nuts, stupid, ain't got a clue? Swarm Mix should be signed and available in a Virgin and Tower record store near you. Not to mention amazon.com and some vinyl shops as well.

Message 38/125             02-Jun-01  @  02:11 AM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

influx

sitar, quit blowin smoke up my ass wouldya? good try though 

Message 39/125             02-Jun-01  @  05:09 AM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

sitar

I'm being serious though Influx. The record deal route isn't easy but damn.

Message 40/125             02-Jun-01  @  05:12 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

damballah

but have you ever seen influx dance? (not that I have, but...) that's what record companies are looking for in artists -- young happy people who can get on stage and do all the moves the choreographers lay out for them. poor influx is hampered by showing too much concern for the 'music' portion of his 'product'.

once he gets happy feet, just try keeping him out of a Virgin. Umm, a Virgin record store.

heh heh, how ya like that smoke?

Message 41/125             02-Jun-01  @  07:28 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

sitar

Didn't somebody say that Influx and Madonna look like twins?

Message 42/125             04-Jun-01  @  04:30 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

dARKSTATe

Well after my car crash, it seems the hospital finally got my hand x-rayed and I've got multiple fractures on my fingers and glass embedded deep into the muscle tissue around my thumb - guess I won't be playing keys for a while...

But, I recieved Influx's CD in the post and after givin' my speaker cones a good work out I can safely say that the boy done good!!!!!

Hearin' yer stuff in decent quality rules man!! Lookin' forward to workin' with ya!! (In a limited capacity at the mo' unfortunately..)

Marc_D

Message 43/125             04-Jun-01  @  08:15 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

sitar

You were in a car crash??? Fuck. You're alive. That's a good thing. Have they recommended a plan of action for your hand?

Message 44/125             04-Jun-01  @  10:56 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

influx

yeah. great shit. too bad no labels think so

Message 45/125             05-Jun-01  @  03:49 AM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

sedation

..... barely legal records? justin johnson (co-owner or part owner) good guy. good breaks dj too.. don't try them, they're all dicks ;)

Message 46/125             05-Jun-01  @  03:49 AM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

sedation

??

Message 47/125             05-Jun-01  @  07:08 AM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

Panama

influx, digidesign awaits you... well, if you've got the buck, and you buy there tools, music becomes easier to produce, especially with pro tools and it's hardware. I've heard the MIDI timing with the digi hardware (forgot which one), has barely and latency, 1ms - 4ms... thats just phenomenal! anyway, with Pro Tools, you could buy a midi hardware sequencer, and just run the audio into pro tools from your virus or whatever synth... the digi 001 gives ya 24 tracks of audio on a mac... and on a pc, you can run 24 tracks and a ton of plugins, but its a bit buggy... If you do get a hardware sequencer, timing will be tight, or atleast on beat most of the time... so if shit pops and skips, pro tools is a great tool for tightening up audio tracks...

sequencing things with hardware, then throwing the stuff into pro tools, is key for taking the workload off and removing yourself from computer instructions and the digital blah blah, causing you to use your hands more...

sell the virus, buy a Q and use it's internal sequencer... OR just buy a 8-track, and play bass and sing :-) But hey, I don't know your approach - take what you see.

Message 48/125             05-Jun-01  @  08:23 AM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

influx

sedation, thanks for the link. Ill hit them up. Funny thing is..Im friends with some key people in the breaks scene and it hasnt helped much. The old back scratching days seem to be coming to an end, replaced by competition and seperatism. oh well

panama...listen, I appreciate that youre trying to help, but...well..its not my equipment thats the problem. My midi is just fine actually running cubase 5 and an ultra sampler

gotta laugh sometimes because it seems like so many people think that the best way "out" of a problem is to go buy more gear! digidesign can SUCK MY you know what as far as Im concerned.

the complaint I was voicing is that I hear it a lot from folks around me who really dig my stuff, but then...havent heard back from a single record label yet. not even a small one. Im not in this for the money but I DEFINITELY could use a little bit here and there, and the encouragement that having a release would bring would be endless I can say that. so its just a little bit of disappointment actually.

my rig works pretty damn good as is, thanks 

Message 49/125             05-Jun-01  @  09:51 AM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

dARKSTATe

Thing is influx, we dig your music coz its good... nuff said!! Sure, we're appreciating it from many levels, production, ideas, vibe and for those and many other reasons critical acclaim from other producers/peers etc might mean more (it might not)... but we're a SMALL proportion of ppl... how many labels you tried? Just coz you haven't had a response or a signing doesn't mean you ain't cuttin' it... you KNOW how much shit stuff gets signed and released, and that ain't an indication of quality, demographics perhaps..

The last thing you gotta ask yourself is *HOW* you are pushing your stuff to the labels...

I'm just talkin' coz we're at the stage of taking stuff around, and the same questions will be asked over the pond here in blighty...  

Marc_D

Message 50/125             05-Jun-01  @  10:34 AM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

dARKSTATe

File?:  [image]

[image file]

"Trust Me With YOUR Car"...

I was the front passenger...

Marc_D

Message 51/125             05-Jun-01  @  10:35 AM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

dARKSTATe

File?:  [image]

[image file]

..and from behind...

Message 52/125             05-Jun-01  @  03:17 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

sitar

Whoa. It is dangerous driving on the wrong side of the road and in a car with the steering wheel and pedals on the wrong side. Looks like the driver's side didn't fare too well either. Glad you're relatively ok Marc.

Yea Influx. I know it's a pain to push your stuff around and you have to really want to do it but DAMN. Don't you have some connections? You know those vegas guys, isn't it?

Message 53/125             05-Jun-01  @  04:03 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

dARKSTATe

Fucker that drove into us was speeding in a stolen car, the cops later told us...

The impact rolled us onto my side and then flipped us onto the roof...

Message 54/125             05-Jun-01  @  07:26 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

roller8

I have to agree that your current crop of tracks a slammin. You already know what you have to do.... put your own record out. If it'll make you feel better then you can watch your remix blow up first...  

But seriously.

Message 55/125             06-Jun-01  @  01:48 AM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

breakerbox

Influx... I think you got the most impressive shit I heard in a long while...
I am not trying to suck up to you... And I do think you are kind of an ass everyonce in a while... But man... Comparing your stuff to commercial releases you are as good as or better then most new nu skool break artists... How many record labels did you send your stuff to? Did you try any UK Labels? or do you have to live there?
Finger Lickin, botchit? I dont understand that you cant get a record out... Or you dont want it to be played by Djs? You want to put out an album?
Coz you got some slammin tracks...

Message 56/125             06-Jun-01  @  04:40 AM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

influx

ha! throws in "I think youre an ass sometimes"..now THAT is a valid compliment 

its so funny..if you knew me in person..oh well, you dont...

but anyway. Havent sent to botchit or TCR or marine parade. I was kinda waiting for a friend to help me with that...throw a little recommendation in there.

I DO want singles out. I have no intention of ever signing an "album deal" unless its something VERY small and not "5 albums 100% ownership" type shit that just breaks you down and is really nothing but a fucking scam.

thanks for the uh, kind words;) Ill keep on thats for sure. its fun when you can come up with something!

Message 57/125             07-Jun-01  @  03:38 AM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

breakerbox

I dont know you in person... But i listened to your stuff...
Good luck getting a record out... I would buy it if I heard at record shop.

Message 58/125             07-Jun-01  @  03:56 AM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

influx

thanks, man. thats a hella compliment. serious.

all I meant about the dont know me thing was that apparently Im looked at as a pretty big asshole, but its funny what Im really like is the exact opposite

but again, thanks for listenin. got a favorite?

Message 59/125             07-Jun-01  @  04:07 AM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

sitar

That's not true. You're a hole in one if I ever saw one.

Message 60/125             10-Jun-01  @  11:37 AM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

breakerbox

come git some , Subterrenean ,both swarm mixes.

Message 61/125             11-Jun-01  @  12:35 AM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

influx

you know I just realized...your stuff is on the DT CD right? Syntaq9..wasnt that you? you did the swing-feel breaks track, yeah? Swing no 9, innit?

good shit too!

Message 62/125             12-Jun-01  @  03:02 AM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

breakerbox

Yes i did... It was the time when i got a minidisk recorder.. i went thru my friends swing collection and sampler the shit out of it (dont know how you can sample the shit out of....)

Thanks...for the compliments

Self note: hmmm... got 2 compliments from influx... is the world coming to an end...

Message 63/125             12-Jun-01  @  03:23 AM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

influx

aww come on! that bad?

damn..I just now saw Marcs car. jeez, guy. hope youre counting your blessings (I assume you still have all the fingers on the hand that got smashed?)

Message 64/125             12-Jun-01  @  10:52 AM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

dARKSTATe

The fingers are still there, some of 'em don't work at the moment though..  

Still, I tackled my first bit of production since the accident last night, a jazzy drum'n'bass roller with a HUGE vocal from Joanna, that might put a smile on your face (or Rhea's).. ;)

Marc_D

p.s CD coming your way soon influx!

Message 65/125             12-Jun-01  @  07:42 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

influx

Put the new one on there!!!

Glad you're still intact, holmes!

Message 66/125             12-Jun-01  @  07:58 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

rhea_z19

Yes, please do! I need something to smile about today...

Message 67/125             12-Jun-01  @  11:41 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

influx

oh, and is Lianne gonna be in the package with the CD?

alright influx..enough cheezy greasy sleazy stuff

oops. sorry

Message 68/125             13-Jun-01  @  01:13 AM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

sitar

Dog.

Glad to hear you're back at the reins there Marc.

Message 69/125             13-Jun-01  @  09:21 AM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

dARKSTATe

Thanks guys, it wasn't touch and go or anything but only having the use of one hand and partial use of the other (until the bones heal) has really brought it all home...

Still, I'm working again if a bit slower than my usual lightning pace   Recorded some more vocal harmonies with Joanna last night (really getting into this vocal harmonies thang for sure!!!) and hoping to get the track into Audio and mixed for this weekend...

Influx, DEFINATELY gonna include this one on the disk (dontcha just love constantly changing track listings?!)..

I'll be posting versions of the EP tracks up here on DT soon as they're ready, but for those hedz out there who wanna listen at decent quality, I'll throw out some CDs!!!

Marc_D

Message 70/125             13-Jun-01  @  10:07 AM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

Boxwell

Bit of class, influx. Lovely build throughout. Just wish I could hear that bassline at its proper samplerate etc. Sounds like it might make your bones rattle!

Keep up the good work

Graeme

Message 71/125             13-Jun-01  @  02:40 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

sitar

Marc, have a listen to my tune "...buddhas..." if you have a moment and aren't too burnt. Stepping on Influx's toes here I know.

Message 72/125             14-Jun-01  @  02:04 AM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

influx

boxwell, thanks..but..which track are you referring to?

Message 73/125             14-Jun-01  @  03:58 AM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

sitar

Probably all of them dude. Sorry. I know you thought I'd be Boxwell. Just cutting in on your turf.

Message 74/125             14-Jun-01  @  09:24 AM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

influx

yeah, and if you step on my toes again Im gonna send a driver...115 mph swingspeed...into your rig 

Message 75/125             14-Jun-01  @  12:41 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

sitar

That'll help me in the ruff mix.

Message 76/125             14-Jun-01  @  12:43 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

sitar

I'll have to go to edit profile and select another genre...Club/Dance

Message 77/125             14-Jun-01  @  06:24 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

influx

ack!!!

Message 78/125             14-Jun-01  @  08:58 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

roller8

man, what the hell?!  

Message 79/125             14-Jun-01  @  09:55 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

influx

boxwell!!! cool shit, man!! sure the samples are "obvious" but how come no one told Si Begg that when he sampled American Beauty? or any of the other easily rec'd samples that are all over the place?

dude..thats some of the best drum programming Ive heard from an "amateur!"

whats with the flanging on the breaks? is that intentional or do you have a delay goin and snares are hittin on each other?

your mix transferred well to lofi, too!

Message 80/125             15-Jun-01  @  04:01 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

dARKSTATe

*heh* Sitar, had a listen to "..Buddahs" and enjoyed immensely!! Didn't feel too bad, coz I had influx's CD playing immediately before and afterwards...   (like his stuff, wanna hear yours in decent quality too now!!!)

The only thing I think when I hear yer stuff is how a well thought-out vocal would do in the mix on some of your trax... ;)

Marc_D

p.s. CD *really* nearing completion, almost mixed the last track down - the master is pretty much good to go and then..... ;)

Message 81/125             15-Jun-01  @  07:39 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

sitar

Yea I could use vocals for those tracks. I had from the outset a plan to add more words in the buddha track. The female will have time soon. My voice doesn't do it for you then!!! :P

Message 82/125             15-Jun-01  @  07:41 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

sitar

Sorry. Thanks for listening Marc. Look forward to your cd.

And about listening to my tune on Influx's thread? See that Influx. On your coat tails already.

Message 83/125             16-Jun-01  @  11:07 AM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

influx

GOD DAMMIT THIS IS MY THREAD!!!! START YOUR OWN FUCKING THREAD OK?!??!?!!?

jeez

Message 84/125             16-Jun-01  @  03:54 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

sitar

Too late. Already unpacked my suitcases.

Alright, no more sitar paraphenalia on influx's thread. Goodbye cruel world!

Message 85/125             16-Jun-01  @  07:16 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

damballah

but your thread gets all the action -- sorta like the singer. share a little with us mere roadies. 85 posts including this totally inane one. duuuuuuuuuuude!

Message 86/125             16-Jun-01  @  07:18 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

influx

hehe. 85, out of which 73 are sitar and th other 12 are Marc 

just kidding sitar. I can share

too bad hardly any of it was anyone listenin to music 

Message 87/125             18-Jun-01  @  12:06 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

dARKSTATe

How can u say that??  

That fKKking Stomp Mix of yours is already the cause of numerous noise complaints, but damn if I ain't playin' those drums of yours as loud as possible!!!!

BOOM BOOM BOOM!!!!!

Marc_D

Message 88/125             18-Jun-01  @  01:19 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

sitar

Well if you title your thread Influx's hot new trance tracks you're not gonna get non-trance listeners and you're gonna disappoint trance lovers. Why don't you give your threads normal titles that make sense, like me :P

Message 89/125             18-Jun-01  @  06:39 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

influx

yeah, like..had to do it.

marc...isnt the 808 in that a little loud/overwhelming?

noise complaints? YES!!!! Im smilin 

Message 90/125             18-Jun-01  @  06:48 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

sitar

Not that you're asking me, but I don't think it's too loud. I think the mix is great.

Message 91/125             19-Jun-01  @  09:23 AM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

dARKSTATe

Sounded okay from where I was standin'.. but what the folks next door thought? I couldn't tell ya!! ;)

Marc_D

Message 92/125             19-Jun-01  @  11:34 AM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

influx

shit man. rennie pilgrem at uberzone's studio today...played some tracks. he liked subterranean just enough to say "thats phat" but that was it. pretty much ignored the rest

it just aint there yet. Im glad people like it but Im not satisfied. I guess thats where the drive comes in?

so saw rennie spin tonight, and fuck me if the majority of tracks arent just a beat and a bassline with some filler sounds, maybe a vocal or two

why cant I go that simple? why do I always want to FILL space? was I weaned to early or something funny like that?

Message 93/125             19-Jun-01  @  03:36 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

dARKSTATe

Yer always gonna listen to other music (the signed published kind) and think about how they got there, what it was that you enjoy about their stuff.. the way I see it, the problem ain't about what's missing from your tracks influx.. but what's missing from your perception of what you want to achieve with your music; sonically, professionally, personally, publically...

People here have rated your stuff, and rated it highly with good reason.. too much space, unlike Rennie P? So what.. that's what makes an INFLUX track.. you ain't satisfied? That's good, work harder, strive for more, but also acknowledge your achievements and grow from 'em..

This is probably all old hat, but I felt I wanted to say it coz I often ask myself those self same questions and the answers only seem to come when your music is out there and its being enjoyed whether some "named" artist comments or not...

I guarentee that when your tunes are out there, alone in the world for public consumption, there'll be some other talented but unknown bloke with some great kit and the will to use it, listening to Influx stuff and saying the self-same things that you've been...

(Fuck me that's almost poetic!)

Now get out there and grace us with more dope shit!!  

Marc_D

Message 94/125             19-Jun-01  @  04:29 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

rhea_z19

Amen Mark!

Message 95/125             19-Jun-01  @  07:24 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

influx

I see where youre coming from, marc, but the thing is..I want to write DANCE MUSIC...and the stuff that i hear gets me going so much more than the stuff I do! (sometimes)

I guess thats where the concept of influence comes in, eh? take what you hear and apply it to what you do.

the thing with rennie is..that guy hears SO much music and with that in mind his opinion does matter.

funny thing is...Q, every time I write a track, says the same shit "man..youve come leaps and bounds"..."If I had a label I would put this out right now" blah blah blah but nope

Dunno friends, some of the stuff I saw and heard last night turned me off to the whole idea. I dont see ANYONE around here thinking of any sort of "crew" thing (this excludes horizens, roller, rhea...Im talking about the people in the biz that Im involved with). Theyre all out for themselves. wheres the altruism? the simple passion for music?

instead its BITCH BITCH BITCH about the record deal and the fucking 300k advance and the 24k you got for TWO remixes etc etc and just totally ignore those below you

fuck this. Im outta here! hehe look out marc..might be droppin by soon

Message 96/125             19-Jun-01  @  08:33 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

sitar

I'm not sure I understand what you mean in everything you're saying there. Probably sick of me talking about Orbital but they have done quite a bit of stuff that is recognized as being different. When I saw them they did their middle of nowhere album and some other stuff from Snivilization. They followed The Crystal Method that night. You want to see a couple of thousand people dancing that was what was going on. The business side and lots of people into it are what you say. But I don't think you should discount your style for danceability. Anyway, I'm trying to move in the danceability direction too. Doesn't mean we have to write the genre of the month. I listen to well produced cds sometimes. Tight and perfect sound and everything, but I don't really feel like writing that kind of music just cuz I'm listening to it, Trance I guess is what I'm referring to. Anyways, you get my point.

Message 97/125             19-Jun-01  @  09:12 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

influx

yes. I get your point. and theres nothing more pure than pure expression, unaltered by any attempts at emulation. The emulation thing is why its so easy to see right through a lot of new music (god look at all the limp bizkit clones)

hell..you dont understand what Im saying? NEITHER DO I  All I know is that ever since Ive gotten into dance music, there have been certain "formulas" (and I dont mean that in the derogatory sense) that have just ROCKED me. When I used to go to a certain LA DnB club every sunday, ALONE mind you, and hear those rattling snares and gut rumbling basslines I would think DAMN I want to make people feel the way this makes me feel. Same with "nuskool" breaks (although youre kinda right..it is sorta the style of the month)...when that bass just sits in there with that thumpin kick and crackin snare it just makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

If I could make a room go nuts the way this and other stuff does I would smile. plain and simple. and I would feel quite good about it.

you know..its the same with words...we all (well, those of us that can read) know that some authors just hit right smack in the middle of our core, and it resonates throughout our mind and body. Jack Kerouac does that for me...its like they're speaking for you, saying things you were never able to say yourself

WELL I FUCKING WANT TO BE THE ONE TO SAY IT DAMMIT be it beats or words or all of the above but here I am butting my head against competitive petty "scenes" and people who long ago turned love into business and left the heart in the dust.

not only that but Im determined to make this one the first 100+ thread here in the music tracks section 

Message 98/125             19-Jun-01  @  09:38 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

infrasound

you`ll never manage that.

Message 99/125             19-Jun-01  @  09:38 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

infrasound

never, I say.

Message 100/125             19-Jun-01  @  09:39 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

infrasound

oh shit.

Message 101/125             19-Jun-01  @  09:42 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

influx

awww. how cute.

errr..uh..clever

Message 102/125             19-Jun-01  @  10:28 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

Panama

influx, you have good instincts about music... go with them. Don't cheat yourself... create

Also, I remember in another post, where you talked about doing drugs again. Don't drink alcohol or do a spliffy while making music! - YOUR mind is already open. I can tell.

Message 103/125             19-Jun-01  @  10:33 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

Panama

I hope I didn't come off as edgy and all knowing. Because in the first place, I'm a poor ole bloke who has no record deal or YET a full length record.

Message 104/125             19-Jun-01  @  11:02 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

sitar

Steven King does it for me. Let's just do it. You knock'm dead on the west coast, I'll handle the east coast. (How can you tell if someone is dead on the west coast? They take even longer lunches.) Hell if you smile though, it'll destroy the image :P Just smile slowly at first. You can injure those cheek muscles if you start using them full blast on the first go.

Message 105/125             20-Jun-01  @  08:14 AM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

dARKSTATe

Putting together a collective of people I trust, connect with and more importantly can work with is one of the hardest things I've accomplished in music and the job *still* isn't over (perhaps it never will be..)

I worked on tracks in a vacuum for a long time, it has both its merits and its SERIOUS disadvantages - it sounds like you're hitting a wall that might be overcome by more than just positive feedback on your works (from the likes of us), but by actual ACTIVE input into your music...

Now I know there might not be anyone immediately local who you'd give two shits about to trust 'em with your music, but perhaps you can start looking.. and if local don't cut it, look further affield.. abuse the internet.. whatever it takes..

If those people come along and they're prepared to give enough, and you to let go enough.. something special might come about - the worst case is, you shut 'em down and go back to workin' solo, but the best????

Failin' that, there's a couch in my studio you can crash down on - and plenty of space for your gear too.. But you buy your own goddamn beer!! ;)

Marc_D

Message 106/125             20-Jun-01  @  06:02 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

roller8

Influx, in regards to comparing your stuff to all that super minimal stuff that Rennie be spinning isn't valid. Just cuz he only indicated he dug one track verbally doesn't mean anything either. Besides, a lot of other producers will view you as competition. At least in my limited experience. And all these DJs change the records they play like underwear except for a choice few that go on to become classics. Well, listen to some classics and it's obvious it's usually the ones with unique character and more to offer than just cyclic repetition. Keep the changes and ear candy flowin, baby. you know they want it...

Message 107/125             20-Jun-01  @  06:20 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

rhea

Plus sincerely, who gives a flying what Q or Rennie say. You always say that one should know when his/her music is good without needing the consent of others.

Message 108/125             20-Jun-01  @  06:23 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

influx

yeah, but when you start thinking its good AND get told it is, but nothing happens

awww quit cryin influx. hehe...marcs got a couch for ya  thanks for the offer, holmes.

Message 109/125             20-Jun-01  @  08:25 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

sitar

Roller8's got a point. The guy might be viewing you as competition and therefore is gonna be real reluctant to pass a compliment. And some of us are so self absorbed all we can appreciate is our own music, like not being able to stop looking in the mirror. We all have moments like that.

Message 110/125             20-Jun-01  @  08:35 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

influx

me, compete with rennie? jeezus. dunna think so folks.

great. my dog just came and said hello to me and now Im COVERED in hair. damn longhair dogs

Message 111/125             20-Jun-01  @  08:37 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

Milan

hey influx, rennie was right...subteranean really is phat! so phat it could really blow up given half a decent chance.

so its up to you now...if you gotta harras people to get your foot in the door do it...your "product" is deffinitelly up to it, are you?

Message 112/125             20-Jun-01  @  09:09 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

influx

thanks milan.

to answer your question...Im not so sure if Im up to it

maybe I should just do it myself. fuck waitin on people. but the thing with that is they already have the contacts that I dont have. Contacts i THOUGHT I had but that havent come through.

oh well.

damn this is a long one. all MEMEME!!! 

Message 113/125             21-Jun-01  @  10:58 AM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

dARKSTATe

Yer leavin' the long haired dog at home holmes... I got enough problem with girl-hair from the singers all over my damn studio..

Them babes leave hair everywhere, no wonder my girlfriend's suspicious!! ;)

Marc_D

Message 114/125             21-Jun-01  @  02:03 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

influx

shit..this boy is crappin hair about like theres no tomorrow. how the fuck one dog can have so much hair Ill never know
and how you manage to explain it all away..you must be crafty as hell!

Message 115/125             21-Jun-01  @  02:43 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

dARKSTATe

Craftiness doesn't come into it.. ;)

Shit, I got singers comin' in and out of the gaff all the time and if there's one thing I don't do, its "shit in my own backyard" - i.e. no sexual or emotional relations with people I work with.. builds good trust that way...

But when there's blonde, brunette, red etc. hair all over the gaff where perhaps it shouldn't be... that's when the ol' charm come in!!! ;)

How it gets there? God only knows, coz I sure don't!!!

;)

Marc_D

Message 116/125             21-Jun-01  @  05:17 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

sitar

The hair they leave around. Endears me to them all the more.

Goes for both women and dogs I guess. Not making any lame comparisons here. I love dogs too.

Message 117/125             22-Jun-01  @  09:20 AM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

dARKSTATe

Its also encouraging that the girls are all properly toilet trained.. ;)

Message 118/125             22-Jun-01  @  02:31 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

sitar

That's gotta be a plus. Wish I was there. I can already see my next t-shirt. My friend went to a recording studio filled with female vocalists, and all I got was this lousy dat.

Message 119/125             22-Jun-01  @  02:42 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

dARKSTATe

"You don't have to be DEF to work here but it helps.."

Message 120/125             22-Jun-01  @  06:10 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

sitar

LOL!

Message 121/125             23-Jun-01  @  07:59 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

influx

would you guys PLEASE quit it with the inane banter?

Message 122/125             02-Jul-01  @  04:27 PM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

aaron

i feel like n ass. i had no idea you put stuff up. i loved "darkness" thats my fave

Message 123/125             04-Jul-01  @  06:05 AM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

influx

for all you suckas..Im pretty sure I still have the longest "LOOK AT ME! OVER HERE! HERE I AM!!!!" thread 

Message 124/125             26-Jul-01  @  11:14 AM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

dARKSTATe

Well, Influx, Sitar.. you get to see what the girls look like afterall!

Pay our new website a visit if you like (link above) and check out the ART section!

We've moved to a faster server, so attempting MP3/MP3stream & RA.. but many tracks are here on DT also..

Before you ask, there's no pic of Lia coz she specifically asked me not to post one - she basically feels she's around so little these days she's taking a break from Darkstate for a while.. ;(

Marc_D

Message 125/125             26-Jul-01  @  11:32 AM   -   RE: Influx's hot new trance tracks!

influx

not interested in anyone BUT. you tell her I said that

Viewing all 125 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13

There are 125 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)