aaa ++ Who's tracks don't play ??? ++ - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: ++ Who's tracks don't play ??? ++

Viewing all 15 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/15             05-Jun-01  @  09:23 PM   -   ++ Who's tracks don't play ??? ++

k

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

ok we've updated the music-add so it auto titles the file with a unique codenamenumber so any .MP3 file added will work for live streaming and you DON'T have to bother to rename them so stream linking works -

BUT... i was going thru some tracks tonight, (there's alot of great music added by the way), and some files still have spaces in the title & don't stream causing a http: error

so... add your track titles HERE that are bogurs, and i'll update them all using cable faststyle then we'll get as many as possible working... all tracks added from now on wont have this problem anymore, so lets get the corrections done. Leave your track title and we'll sort it out over the next week.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/15             06-Jun-01  @  04:30 PM   -   RE: ++ Who's tracks don't play ??? ++

Maarten

Lots of people had trouble dl most of my tracks, but that doesn't count as you had no problems when I questioned, does it K?

Message 3/15             06-Jun-01  @  11:33 PM   -   RE: ++ Who's tracks don't play ??? ++

k

yes i DO have prob's with some of yours like the inclusion of a nice ' apostrophe in one filename and spaces in others etc (doh!!).. no worries lad, i'll sort it out for ya...

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/15             07-Jun-01  @  08:26 AM   -   RE: ++ Who's tracks don't play ??? ++

Maarten

hehe, I feel silly... didn't even realise at first. (') Thanks Kilo

Message 5/15             08-Jun-01  @  10:14 AM   -   RE: ++ Who's tracks don't play ??? ++

k

there ya go mate & fuck me you got some BAAAAAAAAAD tracks there mate !!!.... excellent stuff!!! - and as a bonus they all up on the frontpage now due to the editing... aha!

Message 6/15             08-Jun-01  @  11:07 AM   -   RE: ++ Who's tracks don't play ??? ++

Maarten

I'm just about to put your remark in a picture-frame K.  thnx...

Message 7/15             08-Jun-01  @  04:29 PM   -   RE: ++ Who's tracks don't play ??? ++

k

serious mate... some of the drum programming/beats is awesome.

Message 8/15             12-Jun-01  @  11:09 AM   -   RE: ++ Who's tracks don't play ??? ++

Boxwell

I've got one version of 'What's a hippy' that doesn't play/ I'm scared to remove it in case I take the wrong one off!!

K's got a good point about your tunes, maarten. Liked them alot

Got a few more to add myself

Cheers
Graeme

Message 9/15             12-Jun-01  @  11:14 AM   -   RE: ++ Who's tracks don't play ??? ++

Boxwell

What's the story with bit-rate and sample-rate for uploading the tracks? I remember having a bit of trouble last time but can't remember how I solved it!

Message 10/15             12-Jun-01  @  07:16 PM   -   RE: ++ Who's tracks don't play ??? ++

k

i'll fix it for you tonight jock - we recommended 24kbsec 22050hz (same as mp3.com 'lo-fi'), cos it offers the most reliable streaming for people on modems... i'm on a mates BTinternet modem attached pc now, and it cant even stream that bandwidth reliably most of the time, I had the same problems with NTL's service which was appalingly inconsistant - that is the sad reality of ww modem user status unfortunately... so it's prolly better to have the most people able to listen

Message 11/15             14-Jun-01  @  09:26 PM   -   RE: ++ Who's tracks don't play ??? ++

8life8

Link?:  No link

just one q about uploading tracks (again late for class, sorry) so basicly I take the sterio file from my cooledit, convert it into mono 16bit (or do we use 24bit?) and then rename the file from "name.wav" into "name.mp3" (or do I actually need a program that converts from .wav to .mp3 or is that included in the uploading.. yep u can tell I'm a utter comuter wiz ..

and a bit off topic: but I couln't help noticeing ..Eudorica_1 .. wow k that's kicking bad ass .. been released...

Message 12/15             14-Jun-01  @  11:13 PM   -   RE: ++ Who's tracks don't play ??? ++

k

take the wav file from Cool-edit, (convert to mono is optionable), and then YES, you must convert it to an mpg/mp3 file using a converter programme - they vary in quality too - after convertion, some converters save the converted file as mpg, some as .wav - IF your encoder saves as .WAV, then you rename it as you say: from name.wav" into "name.mp3" or whatever the title is... then upload it.

Message 13/15             15-Jun-01  @  12:18 AM   -   RE: ++ Who's tracks don't play ??? ++

8life8

cheers!.. of to serach for a wav to mp3 convert progy, any "heads up" freewhare recomandations ..

Message 14/15             15-Jun-01  @  12:18 AM   -   RE: ++ Who's tracks don't play ??? ++

8life8

cheers!.. of to serach for a wav to mp3 convert progy, any "heads up" freewhare recomandations ..

Message 15/15             15-Jun-01  @  01:15 AM   -   RE: ++ Who's tracks don't play ??? ++

8life8

it's cool actually .. Frostbyte is the right man at the right place .. just got his email ..

Viewing all 15 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 15 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)