aaa gREAT bUDDHAS wALK tHE eARTH - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: gREAT bUDDHAS wALK tHE eARTH

Viewing all 31 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4

Original Message 1/31             07-Jun-01  @  05:14 PM   -   gREAT bUDDHAS wALK tHE eARTH

sitar

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

That's the name of the new track I have up. Have a listen. Tell me what you think.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/31             07-Jun-01  @  05:22 PM   -   RE: gREAT bUDDHAS wALK tHE eARTH

sitar

btw, enjoy the first minute and 10 give or take a few seconds. It changes about then. Thanks.

Message 3/31             07-Jun-01  @  06:49 PM   -   RE: gREAT bUDDHAS wALK tHE eARTH

gb

Very dark, exciting and interesting. Well done!

A tiny bit to much bass for my home stereo, tho. Or is that because of the enforced file format (almost lofi) here at DT ?

Message 4/31             07-Jun-01  @  07:38 PM   -   RE: gREAT bUDDHAS wALK tHE eARTH

influx

what an evil bassline! damn sitar. this is good stuff. Cant comment on the mix cuz Im on my laptop and the soundcard is pure POOP

you know that "who wants to be on warp" thread? I think you should send this to them, man. right up their ally. or whats the other label, with aphex twin? scam?

does sound like it might be a little bit bass heavy but dunno for sure.

I really like this.

Message 5/31             07-Jun-01  @  07:56 PM   -   RE: gREAT bUDDHAS wALK tHE eARTH

rhea

Excellent track all around.

Message 6/31             07-Jun-01  @  08:50 PM   -   RE: gREAT bUDDHAS wALK tHE eARTH

sitar

Thanks. GB thanks again for the solution to that disk problem. Was driving me nuts. And now you've listened to the tune. Goes to show you, no good deed goes unpunished.

The tune might be bass heavy. I've been turning the bass on my mixer down all day. I'd best give the whole mix an EQ fix then and repost the track. I think my reference monitors are pretty realistic so now I know. I'll maybe wait for another complaint though.

Influx, thanks. Isn't ally spelled alley? I'll have a look at that thread but I'd love it if this tune was able to squeeze onto a Dancetech CD somewhere   I know the competition is stiff though. This is a combination of loops, percussion programming, romplers, sampler creates, and the Supernova. That big bass that comes in every first beat (and is the very last thing in the song) I made with the Supernova. LFO syncing to 1/4 note and modulating the rez. The bass you're probably talking more about came straight out of a rompler. I just liked it together with the Supernova.

Rhea, there's a Rhea mentioned in the Synth Secrets section of the June SOS. Wouldn't be the same would it?

Message 7/31             07-Jun-01  @  10:10 PM   -   RE: gREAT bUDDHAS wALK tHE eARTH

rhea_z19

Link?: Link

No, not me.

Message 8/31             07-Jun-01  @  10:35 PM   -   RE: gREAT bUDDHAS wALK tHE eARTH

sitar

Oh well. Probably should've been you. I didn't actually read the article yet, so if there is any insult in that, it's not intentional.

I did a quick eq of the mono mix for mp3, so the base is now less in the booming frequency department. It's now the same title "....._2". Thanks.

Message 9/31             07-Jun-01  @  10:52 PM   -   RE: gREAT bUDDHAS wALK tHE eARTH

eight way buddha

Nice tune!

I like that part that starts at starts at 3:10..... I dig the heavy stuff 

Message 10/31             08-Jun-01  @  03:24 AM   -   RE: gREAT bUDDHAS wALK tHE eARTH

sitar

I like that too. Song title is right up your alley   Thanks for listening.

Message 11/31             08-Jun-01  @  03:21 PM   -   RE: gREAT bUDDHAS wALK tHE eARTH

egrus

Yep-I think there are actually more Buddhas...up your sleeve : ) They are there to inspire you to make better music everytime! Good stuff-always liked mid-tempo heavy grooves with thunderous low bass in Xth notes!

Message 12/31             08-Jun-01  @  04:30 PM   -   RE: gREAT bUDDHAS wALK tHE eARTH

k

wow !!.. who's a talented boy then!... awesomely good stuff.. signable..

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 13/31             08-Jun-01  @  04:40 PM   -   RE: gREAT bUDDHAS wALK tHE eARTH

roller8

Truly. Keep the hip hop flowing... You could have one of your scratch DJ friends sprinkle a little added heat here n there if you're feeling that. I sure am. Nice track.

Message 14/31             08-Jun-01  @  04:57 PM   -   RE: gREAT bUDDHAS wALK tHE eARTH

roller8

By the way, I'm not insinuating that the track sounds incomplete at all. It's great work.  

Message 15/31             08-Jun-01  @  06:43 PM   -   RE: gREAT bUDDHAS wALK tHE eARTH

sitar

Nice   Gotta run but thanks. I have an entire website of mentors, 2 years and counting. I'd better show something for it.

Message 16/31             09-Jun-01  @  03:32 PM   -   RE: gREAT bUDDHAS wALK tHE eARTH

Frostbyte

NICEEE ! great track, can't wait to hear the full wave.

"I have an entire website of mentors, 2 years and counting. I'd better show something for it."

aarghh, I still haven,t got anything to show for it. But you had a headstart, you were already a musician  

Message 17/31             09-Jun-01  @  03:56 PM   -   RE: gREAT bUDDHAS wALK tHE eARTH

sitar

Hah! Haven't I heard something of yours at some point Frostbyte? Anyways, one tune that has a redeeming quality or 2 to it and $1.50 will get you a ride on a nyc subway. But thanks. So then when will you be putting a track of yours up in your user profile?

Forgot to say Influx, "evil bassline"....you rule in that department.

Message 18/31             09-Jun-01  @  05:40 PM   -   RE: gREAT bUDDHAS wALK tHE eARTH

Frostbyte

well, it'll be 2 years in December, so around there (I have the receipt to prove it, that's when I bought the phatboy ). I still need monitors and a sound card (audiophile or hoontech), wich should be taken care of by the end of the summer. Things are falling into place. I managed to really get my writting methods in order. Worked real hard on the communication between everything, to be able to control everything from the JX10 and then be able to switch all around and control from the Xbase for some real time step seq., recording to the MC-50, then send it to Cubase and whatever. It all works nice. Now I have to focus on writing and arranging. Mixing will come in later with the monitors, cause at the moment, I don't think I have a clear idea of what's going on, especially in the low end.

a little more theory won't hurt either I guess  

I'll keep you posted, but I'm less around 'cause I concentrate on it more, especially since I put the brakes on the herb, just a little toke here and there.

Message 19/31             10-Jun-01  @  04:05 AM   -   RE: gREAT bUDDHAS wALK tHE eARTH

influx

hey frostbyte..the longer you wait the higher our expectations are gonna be 

if you just throw out every idea you have, then the improvements will be drastic and obvious  might be a better way to go about it;)

Message 20/31             10-Jun-01  @  02:56 PM   -   RE: gREAT bUDDHAS wALK tHE eARTH

Frostbyte

uh uh, i'm in trouble  

better put back some of the stuff I had while beta testing the new DT. I had taken them down 'cause they're seemed to be a shortage of space. But I guess it's fixed now.

Message 21/31             10-Jun-01  @  03:45 PM   -   RE: gREAT bUDDHAS wALK tHE eARTH

Frostbyte

there you go. you'll be able to judge of my progress or my fall  

Message 22/31             10-Jun-01  @  03:55 PM   -   RE: gREAT bUDDHAS wALK tHE eARTH

Frostbyte

OH, sitar, sorry I ruined your thread again  

Message 23/31             10-Jun-01  @  04:05 PM   -   RE: gREAT bUDDHAS wALK tHE eARTH

monkeyboy

great track sitar, first minute reminded me a bit of early orb stuff. you should try promoting your music, im sure youd get some interest.

Message 24/31             10-Jun-01  @  04:10 PM   -   RE: gREAT bUDDHAS wALK tHE eARTH

sitar

Don't worry. I've ruined countless threads.

I know I heard a clip from "garden of ice". I love what happens at about 2:30 or maybe it starts a little earlier. That's a good tune.

"numskull hop", wish it was longer. Nice. And I distinctly remember commenting once that you cut the song short 'cause you had to go answer the phone :P

I hope you lengthen it because it really is enjoyable.

Message 25/31             10-Jun-01  @  04:20 PM   -   RE: gREAT bUDDHAS wALK tHE eARTH

sitar

Thanks Monkeyboy. We must have posted at the same time. I've got someone who is producing a compilation which I'll have some tracks on. Unfortunately things have been pushed back a while due to some circumstances. I don't have a problem with that 'cause his well being is more important than having tunes out for sure. It'll happen though. I need to get more stuff written...and better. Thanks for listening.

Message 26/31             27-Jun-01  @  04:43 PM   -   RE: gREAT bUDDHAS wALK tHE eARTH

dARKSTATe

Sitar, got round to listening... can't remember if i posted or not but in a word - Nice!!!

Get me some full-fat hi-fi recordings my man!!!

(Please!)

Marc_D

Message 27/31             28-Jun-01  @  01:41 AM   -   RE: gREAT bUDDHAS wALK tHE eARTH

sitar

I gotta mix and burn. Actually I kinda like the sound of that.

Message 28/31             28-Jun-01  @  03:19 AM   -   RE: gREAT bUDDHAS wALK tHE eARTH

breakerbox

Thats pretty good...
actually its really good...

Message 29/31             02-Jul-01  @  03:25 AM   -   RE: gREAT bUDDHAS wALK tHE eARTH

sitar

The track or the phrase mix and burn???

Message 30/31             02-Jul-01  @  03:54 AM   -   RE: gREAT bUDDHAS wALK tHE eARTH

damballah

track

Message 31/31             02-Jul-01  @  04:17 PM   -   RE: gREAT bUDDHAS wALK tHE eARTH

aaron

Link?:  No link

its like orb meets chemvein, with a dash of your old riddims thrown in. i like it. the thing that comes out in 3:16 seems a little too loud.. like prohibitively so.. it almost hurts to listen at this volume at that point...

good track.. do you like kit-kats?

aaron

Viewing all 31 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4

There are 31 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)