aaa stereo kicks or mono---help????? - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: stereo kicks or mono---help?????

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             10-Jun-01  @  02:54 AM   -   stereo kicks or mono---help?????

odogfx

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Ok it is like this :-)

I was wondering. I have the eight outs for the MPC. I am currently running a mono track of drums and a mono track of bass form my nova through a stereo tube compressor (left channel bass right channel drums). I have another stereo bellari tube compressor. Should I use stereo wave files for the drums and compress a whole stereo track of drums and a stereo track of bass as well? Will this be too phat in the mix?? Should I keep the bass and the drums mono???

How do you work it? Mono kicks? or stereo? Man this is driving me crazy I need to know the correct way to do this. If someone could give me a bit of insight I would be very appreciative.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             13-Jun-01  @  08:08 PM   -   RE: stereo kicks or mono---help?????

infrasound

kicks and bass in mono is the way I always do it - kicks are monoaural anyway and stereo bass can cause all sorts of shit for cutting engineers by all accounts, even breaking their lathe needles sometimes.

Message 3/4             14-Jun-01  @  01:51 PM   -   RE: stereo kicks or mono---help?????

k

hey, how do you find that Bellari out of interest?.. turnkey were flogging them if i remember.. is it any good ?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/4             27-Aug-01  @  11:11 PM   -   RE: stereo kicks or mono---help?????

influx

Link?:  Link

just saw this again. Kilo..horizens had an RP538 I think it was? sounded just ok. nothin spectacular

ever looked at the joe meek C2? almost sounds like the SC2! and for less than $200 now!

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)