aaa any good break beat kits for e4 - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: any good break beat kits for e4

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             14-Jun-01  @  04:39 AM   -   any good break beat kits for e4

Brett B

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

i need some really good live drum kits for my emu. i have always used electronic kits, but I now need some really gritty harsh live stuff with mutiple velocity layers for doing progressive breaks. Kits that will respong like the lm4 kits or v-drums. Does anyone recomend a cd-rom, or company with good presets. I have some great kits i made with 909, 808 and other roland drum boxes that are created as snare , kick, hats etc and have multies of the diferant settigns. also some analog kits i made with my juno, 101, and a 303. i am willing to trade sounds.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             27-Jun-01  @  08:21 AM   -   RE: any good break beat kits for e4

Brett B

anyone interested i found it. Sonic Reality's "Interactive Drums" are very much like a roland v-drum module. Multi layers for velocity and varying surface locations so you can play them with pads or program realistic drums tracks. $199

Message 3/9             29-Jun-01  @  05:26 PM   -   RE: any good break beat kits for e4

k

cough!!.. HOW MUCH!!!! - kin' hell! - you could buy a drumkit for that !

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/9             30-Jun-01  @  04:31 AM   -   RE: any good break beat kits for e4

Brett B

Link?:  Link

i don't want a drum kit. i want midi controllable live drums, and a v-drum module is a couple of grand. The kits are upwards near 25megs each. Very comprehensive. It's what i was looking for. All the really high quality muti-sample acoustic stuff is expensive. You think films are scored on cheap sample presets from Big Fish? You get what you pay for. I have yet to find any other sample libraries that do what this one does...sound real.. so i am spending the money, and when people are buying my CD, the $200 won't seem very expensive. It's cheaper than highering a session drummer as well. I bought a midi octapad on e-Ebay for $100 and some drum sticks. All I need now is a midi kick pedal, and I lay down the drums a couple of parts with each pass, and then go back and clean them up timing wise. As for sample disks. You should listen to the demo tracks they have. I have never heard sample presets sound this authentic. Thier orchestral and vintage stuff is amazing.

Message 5/9             01-Jul-01  @  06:38 AM   -   RE: any good break beat kits for e4

influx

yeah, but since when do "breaks" guys worry about clean, articulate, multisampled drums? you sound like an ad for Hans Zimmer!!!

$200 for a fucking CD? jeezus. Ill just take the free stuff thanks like sampling off other recordings. thats half the fun!

but hey..sounds like you got exactly what you were lookin for though. wanna burn me a copy? 

Message 6/9             01-Jul-01  @  09:15 AM   -   RE: any good break beat kits for e4

Brett B

man , go to the site. It's not a cd. It's a couple of cd-roms full of presets that are 20-50 hits deep in velocity layers adding up to 25megs of sound to reproduce every nuance possible of each kit. Very much like a roland v-drum. Intelligent breaks don't use dirty old vinyl loops like all the tracks 5 years ago. Session drummers are used . Then the parts are chopped and manipulated. The sounds are on seperate tracks making it easy to get the mix right. Loops blow. They are stock and hard to mix with out using multi-band compression. i like to create everything. I want to make my own acoustic drum grooves that sound like real drums and not sampled kits that are out of tune because you took the kick from one and the snare from another. ... and expresion ..well with out velocity layers and controlers varying the placement of the hit then you just don't get it from your sampler. you basicly can only change the volume ,eq, and decay to try and make the snare sound change. It's simply put, what I want. You can critizize my choice, but then again you are not makeing my music. I am. You make yours your way!

Message 7/9             01-Jul-01  @  09:59 PM   -   RE: any good break beat kits for e4

influx

whoa turbo. its cool. Im sure youll be quite happy! sounds pretty expAnsive

btw...what are "intelligent breaks"?

Message 8/9             01-Jul-01  @  10:28 PM   -   RE: any good break beat kits for e4

Brett B

progressive stuff that utilize other styles. very complex rythms and melodies. breaks is kind of vauge since it could mean anything from dj icee to drum-n-bass stuff. More people call it just progressive. The rymths are not just loops lifted off of records, but rather laid down by a profesional drummer. I have freinds in bands who play the drums. I don't have the room in my studio for a kit and then you have to mic it. I want to be able to bring a drummer over and have them knock out some tracks using the midi pads and foot pedals. Plus you are not stuck with one kit for everthing. A lot of drummers use samplers now with midi triggers on their kits. Ginger fish of Marylin Manson does, Depeche Mode, and U2 as well. So live you may be hearing sampled drums coming out of an akai even though you are seeing a whole drum set.

Message 9/9             02-Jul-01  @  12:22 AM   -   RE: any good break beat kits for e4

influx

nothin new there. I thought you were talkin about something different.

so hybrid and BT are intelligent breaks? Too bad BT is a chump

you like T. Power? Si Begg (or buckfunk3000?)

where are your tracks?

I hate to say it but I really doubt any of those people are using live drummers, even in the studio, as you claim. Im pretty sure the sampler still rules as do cut up loops, etc

as for drums sounding "out of tune" well...Im still under the impression that this whole underground music thing was sorta guided by the concept of avoiding adherence to the RULES that the conventional music world adheres to

but hey thats just me, right?

25 layers for one sound eh? DOPE!

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)