aaa Sitar's Water Music-A Snippet - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Sitar's Water Music-A Snippet

Viewing all 15 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/15             15-Jun-01  @  01:49 AM   -   Sitar's Water Music-A Snippet

sitar

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

Figured out one way of doing that water thingy. Named the track 'pond my gear cuz I'm flat brook' in streaming audio :P

um, that name might change as the track develops

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/15             15-Jun-01  @  02:28 AM   -   RE: Sitar's Water Music-A Snippet

damballah

Link?: Link

*groan*

Message 3/15             15-Jun-01  @  03:01 PM   -   RE: Sitar's Water Music-A Snippet

Frostbyte

nice effect. It feels like you have your head in the sink with your mouth full of a water, aspiring with your mouth open.

I have a lot of "croutons" to eat synth programming wise, good thing I like "croutons"

fs1r ?

Message 4/15             15-Jun-01  @  07:31 PM   -   RE: Sitar's Water Music-A Snippet

sitar

Electribe ER-1. Could be just about any synth or sampler with modulation capabilities I imagine. Create the sound. Run it through a pattern or arpeggiate it. I recorded the pattern starting at about 225 bpm and slowed it down until I got to the bpm of my song. I copied and pasted several beats to add more in the beginning. Not totally satisfied with it yet. I'm still refining it.

Message 5/15             15-Jun-01  @  08:52 PM   -   RE: Sitar's Water Music-A Snippet

roller8

Very cool effect there. Sounds like it's going to spill into some huge big beat type drum mayhem and screaming synth lines.. Is it ok to call something 'big beat'? Keep it up!

Message 6/15             15-Jun-01  @  11:43 PM   -   RE: Sitar's Water Music-A Snippet

bl_nd

no no sitar don't do that (no disrespect roller8) what we have here is good electro ... bodylockin ... add in fs1r voice "boogiebass" w/ a taste of lofi ... then you will rediscover parachute pants, mr. sitar ... no need for big beats, you see, what you've got is good & poppin'

Message 7/15             16-Jun-01  @  04:44 AM   -   RE: Sitar's Water Music-A Snippet

sitar

I'll try that boogiebass idea. Thanks. Amazing how many ways a tune can go.

Message 8/15             17-Jun-01  @  01:09 AM   -   RE: Sitar's Water Music-A Snippet

egrus

It's like the chase scene from the bathtub. Picture this: You are in the bathtub having your bubbly (sic!), and suddenly you throw a towel around you and out the window running down the grassy slope...hmmm, very 007 here..! Oh, yeah...it's night time and it's full moon...hope you have a dark towel or ...they might get ya! Bottom line-I like it!!

Message 9/15             17-Jun-01  @  01:36 AM   -   RE: Sitar's Water Music-A Snippet

sedation

nice beats

Message 10/15             17-Jun-01  @  03:43 AM   -   RE: Sitar's Water Music-A Snippet

sitar

Egrus, it's bathdub. Genre is everything. Thanks for listening.

Sedation, thanks. I'm working on my beats. Stupid thing to say. Everyone doing dancemusic is. I'm glad I found dancemusic. Can't even describe how glad. Someday I'll do it real justice.

Message 11/15             17-Jun-01  @  03:50 AM   -   RE: Sitar's Water Music-A Snippet

sedation

music eats people

smiting machines go smiting

[my robot army]

Message 12/15             17-Jun-01  @  04:32 AM   -   RE: Sitar's Water Music-A Snippet

sitar

I eat music for breakfast.

Message 13/15             17-Jun-01  @  01:07 PM   -   RE: Sitar's Water Music-A Snippet

sedation

isssss a haiku

Message 14/15             17-Jun-01  @  05:07 PM   -   RE: Sitar's Water Music-A Snippet

eight way buddha

thats a nice bong!  

Message 15/15             17-Jun-01  @  09:47 PM   -   RE: Sitar's Water Music-A Snippet

sitar

Oh yea. That IS a haiku isn't it. Nice. You'd need 3 lfos, first and third synced to 5 beats/measure and the 2nd to 7 beats. Have them control a frequency modifier and there you go. Haipass filter.

Thanks for listening Eight Way Buddha. Does kinda sound like that.

Viewing all 15 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 15 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)